Has anyone tried it out? I'm wondering if it improves notification timeliness.

@BBM says that it fixes adding contact categories.

Download Noted, a 5-star rated, native BB10 memo pad app.
    serbanescu and 00stryder like this.
    12-13-13 09:38 PM
    Thanks for the heads up
    12-13-13 11:19 PM
    Is there the bbm version for tablet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-13-13 11:28 PM
    Updated bbm but its all same huh

Sent from my SM-N900 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-14-13 09:16 AM
    Updated bbm but its all same huh

Sent from my SM-N900 using CB Forums mobile app
    Still can't add contact categories? That was the bug fix in this update

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 09:33 AM
    Got the update.. same crap for me...

Notification is broken... still need to launch BBM to get my messages.

The process/service is taking at least 75MB of memory, by far more than any other process/service. What's the point of it hogging all that memory all the time when something as simple as notification isn't even working?

It's no wonder Blackberry is on it's deathbed.
    Dude_9 and anon(823957) like this.
    12-14-13 09:34 AM

The process/service is taking at least 75MB of memory, by far more than any other process/service. What's the point of it hogging all that memory all the time when something as simple as notification isn't even working?

there is not notification issues with any version of bbm . maybe u've some wrong setting. If u use greenify don't hibernate nor kill the bbm app .
    12-14-13 10:31 AM
    there is not notification issues with any version of bbm . maybe u've some wrong setting. If u use greenify don't hibernate nor kill the bbm app .
    Ummm... thousands of people on Android disagree with you. I know a few people who have the same issue. You can read the reviews on Google Play, or a few people on this forum even. Make no mistake, there IS an issue... even if it's not happening to every single user - it's happening to quite a few of them still.

I don't use greenify. As for killing the app... if I have the app opened all the time, then there's no issue - and why would there be - the actual app is opened. But when Im not in the middle of a chat with anyone, I actually close the app. The notification icon is still running... BBM processes/services are still taking 75MB+ of memory.. Im just not getting notified - and need to launch the app to get it.

It worked perfectly fine with the initial BBM for Android release about a month or so ago, then the subsequent updates have killed notification.
    anon(823957) likes this.
    12-14-13 12:35 PM
    I seen this update with a bit of excitement but reading the threads is sad. My kids have android phones and sending them msgs on there are almost useless. Sucks when sms is more reliable.

Leaked 10.2.1. Couldn't resist
    12-14-13 02:27 PM
    No problem for me either. BBM on Android, for me, is pretty much as reliable as my BB.
    12-15-13 02:37 PM

Mine taking 51mb while whatsapp n line about 8mb and 11mb. And they still receive notif without issue.

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    12-15-13 05:58 PM
    I tried BBM on all family androids and only got the notification problem on the LG L7 but I thought that was because of the low memory that phone has.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:07 AM
    Mine taking 51mb while whatsapp n line about 8mb and 11mb. And they still receive notif without issue.

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    I'm also having the notification issue where the "connected" icon doesn't seem to be doing anything.

My BBM is also taking up 81 MB of RAM, which is unacceptable.
    12-16-13 01:08 PM
    Just posted this in another thread, hopefully it helps a few of you out!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-and...ml#post9720132
    12-17-13 11:55 AM
    Just posted this in another thread, hopefully it helps a few of you out!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-and...ml#post9720132
    Yes, that's always worked, but you shouldn't have to keep the app running in the recent apps list for it to work - especially when it's using the huge amount of memory just to sit in the notification area, only to NOT work anyway.

It's a messaging app, the interface should be hidden away and only the notification should be running - using a smaller portion of memory. I get notified of a message, and THEN I can launch the interface to respond to the message. It works this way in most messaging apps - like KiK.
    12-17-13 01:17 PM
    Yes, that's always worked, but you shouldn't have to keep the app running in the recent apps list for it to work - especially when it's using the huge amount of memory just to sit in the notification area, only to NOT work anyway.

It's a messaging app, the interface should be hidden away and only the notification should be running - using a smaller portion of memory. I get notified of a message, and THEN I can launch the interface to respond to the message. It works this way in most messaging apps - like KiK.
    I totally agree with you from an infrastructure perspective.

Unfortunately, from a user perspective, this is the best we've got right now. I'd much rather leave it open in the recents list and receive my messages than not receive them at all. I'll also point out that I wish someone brought this up earlier if it was a known workaround. I've been searching forums everywhere just to get a quick fix in place.
    12-17-13 01:49 PM
    I totally agree with you from an infrastructure perspective.

Unfortunately, from a user perspective, this is the best we've got right now. I'd much rather leave it open in the recents list and receive my messages than not receive them at all. I'll also point out that I wish someone brought this up earlier if it was a known workaround. I've been searching forums everywhere just to get a quick fix in place.
    My apologies. I thought I brought up the temporary solution in one of these threads, but it may have been on an Android forum or somewhere else.

I'm also in the habit of closing all my apps without even thinking, so this workaround is dependant on me to remember to keep it open. I basically don't trust my memory. I've been telling my 2 BBM contacts to just use SMS to get a hold of me - much more reliable.

Incidentally, my brother and his wife have upgraded their old BB Bold devices (8800 series believe - so it's old) to the Nexus 5 as well. They lived off BBM for over 3 years and now that they moved to an Android phone - they didn't even make an attempt to install BBM. I asked them why and they simply said "everyone we know have iPhones or Android phones - there's no point. SMS texting does the same thing as BBM". I'm finding that sort of response more and more. I'll be getting rid of it once the 2 remaining BBM users upgrade from their BB to an iPhone/Android phone.
    anon(823957) likes this.
    12-17-13 02:35 PM