When is a reviewer gonna do a break down or a review of BBM. All the reviews are old, they're mostly 5 years and older. BBM is so different.
    Can someone like Mr. Mobile or Android Authority make a review of it. Crackberry would be a good reviewer too but people might think of it as being biased.
    What do you guys think?
    06-15-17 08:50 AM
    I don't think that would be a good thing. BBM is now hopelessly far behind the other big messaging apps - in both features and security.
    06-15-17 09:34 AM
    When is a reviewer gonna do a break down or a review of BBM. All the reviews are old, they're mostly 5 years and older. BBM is so different.
    Can someone like Mr. Mobile or Android Authority make a review of it. Crackberry would be a good reviewer too but people might think of it as being biased.
    What do you guys think?
    You mention bbm reviews are five years old, that's because bbm hasn't developed a lot since then.

It seriously lags behind telegram for example. I wouldn't recommend bbm to anyone.

And yes, I belong to a couple of bbm groups still, but it's like stepping back in time to post.
    06-15-17 09:50 AM
    I don't think that would be a good thing. BBM is now hopelessly far behind the other big messaging apps - in both features and security.
    I disagree with that. I started using bbm a few months ago to be able to chat with my girlfriend (she's on iOS, I'm on BB10). We both agree that the features make it way better than WhatsApp for instance, which is the main messaging app. Timed messages, PayPal payments, sharing our location with Glympse, even the stickers (which I never thought I'd use), once you get used to these features, it really does feel like a step backwards going back to Whatsapp.

We've also tested it's speed by sending messages to each other while sitting side by side and it's noticeably faster than Whatsapp.

The main problem with bbm, besides it's poor user base, is how complicated it is to invite people.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-17 10:41 PM
    OP, create a group with your contact and identify the various limitations that group bbm has.

I would have loved bbm to have kept growing for the user. I don't mean news channels etc I mean just the pure bbm side.

You are aware that BlackBerry don't own it, are you? An Indonesian mob called emtek do.
    Last edited by Heavens1; 06-17-17 at 10:46 AM.
    06-16-17 07:18 PM
    Emtek licenses it. They don't own it.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 08:04 AM
    Emtek licenses it. They don't own it.

Posted via CB10
    You're right, BlackBerry licences it to emtek.
    dusdal likes this.
    06-17-17 10:28 AM
    You're right, BlackBerry licences it to emtek.
    But who is writing the actual code?
    06-22-17 07:10 AM

It seriously lags behind telegram for example. I wouldn't recommend bbm to anyone.
    I haven't used telegram but are you telling me other messengers have the ability to retract and edit messages that have already been delivered to the receiver's phone? Cuzz that has to be the dopest BBM feature that I always miss when using Whatsapp.
    06-22-17 07:13 AM
    I haven't used telegram but are you telling me other messengers have the ability to retract and edit messages that have already been delivered to the receiver's phone? Cuzz that has to be the dopest BBM feature that I always miss when using Whatsapp.
    Telegram does, yeah.
    06-22-17 07:21 AM
    Telegram does, yeah.
    So why are people using Whatsapp by the thousands?
    06-22-17 07:27 AM
    So why are people using Whatsapp by the thousands?
    Quality ≠ Quantity ?

Via Pasta CB10
    06-22-17 08:00 AM
    I don't think I've seen an answer to that, and I've posed that question elsewhere.
    06-22-17 08:29 AM
    A few hours ago bbm individual contact posts all got cleared out and no longer appear.

That is, contacts I have in the US, France and Aus, still exist, but there are no posts in those accounts.

Confirmed with group BBM users who are not my contacts.

I might add, a contact I have in Bulgaria still has all posts showing.

For some time now my bbm groups have become sketchy when syncing. That is, with one of my groups I've gone 4 days without posts showing because the account didn't sync. And on other occasions two or three days without syncing.

The problem is at emtek/bb end.
    06-22-17 08:35 AM

The main problem with bbm, besides it's poor user base, is how complicated it is to invite people.

Posted via CB10
    You just mentioned what I consider as the best part of BBM which is in line with security and privacy ethos of Blackberry. Just because someone has your number it doesn't mean I should be able to send you chat messages without an invite (and it approval thereof).

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 08:54 AM
    You just mentioned what I consider as the best part of BBM which is in line with security and privacy ethos of Blackberry. Just because someone has your number it doesn't mean I should be able to send you chat messages without an invite (and it approval thereof).

Posted via CB10
    You can keep that invitation system and make it simple to use. I'm not saying that feature is annoying, I'm saying the complication involved is. It can and should be made simpler.

9800 - 9900 - Playbook - Q10 - Z10 - Passport
    07-11-17 10:37 AM
    That has to be Emtek in Indonesia, I am pretty sure they control the official @BBM twitter and BBM Channel because most of the content published is Indonesia centric.

There is minimal continuity between BBM on BB10 vs. the others.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 11:16 AM