I went from a Z10 to a Z30, and found that my PIN had changed. Does anyone know why that would happen?

Prior to switching, I backed up my Z10 doing a full device back up in Link. Then I wiped the phone. I then did a device switch in Link and when I fired it up, I saw that my PIN had changed. For some reason all my contacts were still there but all my conversations were gone.
    03-12-14 03:55 PM
    As far as I know the PIN is connected to the device, always has been.
    03-12-14 03:58 PM
    Pins are connected to the phone not your BlackBerry account. All your contacts will still be there as they're connected to your account.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 04:20 PM
    actually I have a differe.t experience when I bought my Z30

I set up my primary emaik account that I was using on android. and it kogged in to Bbm and I found my pin was the same as android which starts with 7*****.

I confirmed from the Z30 box that my Z30 itself has its own pin which starts with 2*****.

I wanted the Z30 pin so reset the device and created a new BlackBerry ID which gave me my Z30 pin of 2******.

its linked to your Email Id that you use to setup you BlackBerry 10. if you want pin that cane with phone created a new BlackBerry iD

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 02:46 AM

I set up my primary email account that I was using on android. and it logged in to Bbm and I found my pin was the same as android which starts with 7*****.

I confirmed from the Z30 box that my Z30 itself has its own pin which starts with 2*****.

I wanted the Z30 pin so reset the device and created a new BlackBerry ID which gave me my Z30 pin of 2******.ofcos you have to invite everyone to your new pin.

its linked to your Email Id that you use to setup you BlackBerry 10. if you want pin that came with phone create a new BlackBerry iD

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 02:47 AM

I set up my primary emaik account that I was using on android. and it kogged in to Bbm and I found my pin was the same as android which starts with 7*****.

I wanted the Z30 pin so reset the device and created a new BlackBerry ID which gave me my Z30 pin of 2******.

its linked to your Email Id that you use to setup you BlackBerry 10. if you want pin that cane with phone created a new BlackBerry iD

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I used the same email that is linked to my BlackBerry account. I wiped the Z10 and then logged into my Z30 with the same account.

Channel for Asian eye candy
    03-13-14 12:22 PM