Why no red dot on BBM icon on android desktop. I have friends never knows I send them a message in BBM. Its a stupid little tiny tiny icon top left. Any new person to Android has no idea where to find my message in BBM. Is there a way to get the red star next to BBM icon so those peeps can easily know they received the message?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 06:51 AM
    I would think it depends on the notifications they have set up on their device? The red star is a BlackBerry thing.
    Androids have their own....
    baspeed likes this.
    03-12-14 07:17 AM
    Can anyone e explain the easiest and best way for an Android device (S4) to alert a person there is a BBM message for them. I will help my friends learn. I only use Android when I'm playing around with friends phones.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:56 AM
    Can anyone e explain the easiest and best way for an Android device (S4) to alert a person there is a BBM message for them. I will help my friends learn. I only use Android when I'm playing around with friends phones.

Posted via CB10
    Top left corner will have a BB icon wit small red notification. That means you have received a message on BBM.

Sent from my SM-N900 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-13-14 09:23 AM
    Top left corner will have a BB icon wit small red notification. That means you have received a message on BBM.

Sent from my SM-N900 using CB Forums mobile app
    Just seams a tough way to know you got a message. I guess I'm just used to the HUB. I'm spoiled. I thought my buddie was an ***** for not seeing my message in BBM, but after seeing the tiny little thingy at the top I just figured there had to be a better way for Android to be notified of BBM message . Guess not.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:36 PM
    Why would that block out what I typed. Can't say idio* lol

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:37 PM
    The ios had the red star when new message is recieved. Just not on the Android. No bred alert next to BBM icon.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 05:54 PM
    The ios had the red star when new message is recieved. Just not on the Android. No bred alert next to BBM icon.

Posted via CB10

Is there still no splat for the icon in android BBM??? Wtf.
    05-31-14 12:00 AM
    Is there still no splat for the icon in android BBM??? Wtf.
    The Android operating system doesn't support thay stuff.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 12:17 PM
    Android users have no idea what they are missing. BlackBerry knows that the phone is a communication device first and foremost.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 09:17 AM
    Just seams a tough way to know you got a message. I guess I'm just used to the HUB. I'm spoiled. I thought my buddie was an ***** for not seeing my message in BBM, but after seeing the tiny little thingy at the top I just figured there had to be a better way for Android to be notified of BBM message . Guess not.

Posted via CB10
    You realise that the Android notification bar would be more prominent then the Hub.
    Any new bbm shows up in the notification bar. It's quite obvious as they will suddenly have 2 bbm icons, 1 with a red splat.
    If he's missing bbm notifications then he is missing all his notifications

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-22-14 08:47 AM
    I brought an S5 the other day, moved from Z10 (well still have the Z10 as second phone). I'm frustrated by not having the red star when getting a BBM. It can't be an (android doesn't do it) issue as my Whatsapp is next to my BBM icon on the home page and Whatsapp shows a little red circle with a number of how many messages you have on the top right hand side of it... Rather frustrating that you have to look at a tiny 2mm icon at the top of the phone to find out if you have a BBM or not.
    08-22-14 07:16 AM
    To the OP who thinks it's BlackBerry's fault:

IT ISN'T.

The basic AOSP/Google/GEL Launcher doesn't support "splats" or little red counters on icons. If you want, you could download (I think) Nova Launcher and find an extension for that.

But for now, you're stuck to the notification bar for updates.

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone.
    08-22-14 07:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Samsung has a Notification Badge API built into their devices (TouchWiz). Many developers (Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.) use it. Ask Blackberry to use it. There are too many Samsung devices out there to make it not worth the minimal effort they'd have to put into utilizing something Samsung is basically giving them for free.

Android, as a platform, does not have an ecosystem-wide Notification Badge API. This is why Samsung developed their own.
    09-06-14 01:15 PM
    To the OP who thinks it's BlackBerry's fault:

IT ISN'T.

The basic AOSP/Google/GEL Launcher doesn't support "splats" or little red counters on icons. If you want, you could download (I think) Nova Launcher and find an extension for that.

But for now, you're stuck to the notification bar for updates.

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone.
    On Samsung ices, it's totally the developer's fault for not having Notification Badges implemented. See my reply above. Many developers have already implemented them for TW devices. It takes very little effort to do this. WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and others on an S4 have Notification Badges, because those developers are utilizing the APIs supplied to them by Samsung.
    09-06-14 01:21 PM
    On Samsung ices, it's totally the developer's fault for not having Notification Badges implemented. See my reply above. Many developers have already implemented them for TW devices. It takes very little effort to do this. WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and others on an S4 have Notification Badges, because those developers are utilizing the APIs supplied to them by Samsung.
    Yet Gmail, a Google app doesn't have this. Not saying that BlackBerry shouldn't implement it, but probably the most widely used email on the whole Android system might want to get on board too. Google Hangouts doesn't have it either. I guess Google as a whole needs to do this simple implementation as well.
    09-06-14 02:00 PM