An Adult Discussion? Ohh please do not disrespect because you don't agree! who is the Adult!?
    You're nit-picking. Stop. There was no a-ha moment with regards to Messenger.

If you want to have a proper conversation, then let's do that. Half of your posts have laughing emojis.
    01-17-20 05:23 PM
    Regardless, what’s needed is A-HA moment for society that would adopt BBMe like BBM of 10 years ago or texting now.
    01-17-20 05:26 PM
    You're nit-picking. Stop. There was no a-ha moment with regards to Messenger.

If you want to have a proper conversation, then let's do that. Half of your posts have laughing emojis.
    I made my point. Wether you agree or not that is your personal inside issue. Pd we are all Adults here full respect is the key.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    01-17-20 05:37 PM
    WhatsApp is owned by Facebook. I was referring the that, not Messenger also owned by Facebook.
    We only know what is meant by what is written. Linguistic accuracy is not everyone's strong suit. But don't expect that others can figure out what is written if it isn't accurate.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-17-20 05:37 PM
    In this thread we were talking about Messaging apps and you mentioned
    "WhatsApp/Facebook uses an audited encryption protocol."

But now you say you never suggested Messenger?

Yeah ...it's so clear..
    The entire thread has suffered subject creep. It drifted into talk about WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. The original intention of the post was to bring the news about the BBMe update and it's features.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-17-20 06:38 PM
    The entire thread has suffered subject creep. It drifted into talk about WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. The original intention of the post was to bring the news about the BBMe update and it's features.
    Thank you. Mostly news about BBMe are keywords for super arrogant comments by people who always suggest not to care about about encryption and privacy and security.
    01-18-20 03:10 AM
    We only know what is meant by what is written. Linguistic accuracy is not everyone's strong suit. But don't expect that others can figure out what is written if it isn't accurate.
    And I feared that only I had not understood the actual meaning of the post or that the meaning would have been lost in translation.
    01-18-20 03:18 AM
    Conite, why are you not able to admit that you are not always right ?
    01-18-20 03:24 AM
    And THIS is where conversation breakdowns happen. Not defending Conite at all, but when I read his, yours, or anyone's comments here, the last thing on my mind is "oh, he/she is 'wrong/right'" , because people are here sharing information. Information is information. It's up to the reader and the contributor to do their research - research is a lost art these days, sadly - and not follow opinion solely. Opinion is not fact, truth, right or wrong. Opinion is information.

Conite provides great information, you provide great information, but reading the information provided and then judging the provider of the information as wanting to be right or wrong... makes me wonder about how people interpret things. Take this thread for example. All I've read are passion comments, information that is completely useless to me, so now I'm forced to do even more research about how much BBMe has improved over original BBM, to which I once used. I've read nothing compelling. Nothing here that says "ok, let me give it another go, and see if there have been any real improvements... " .

I get that there's really nothing exciting here anymore, so the last thing to hold on to is the passion, but don't turn personal passion into personal insults. Then you move from the point of the OP, into getting this one, as I've seen so many other posts, shut down. For what?
    Elite1 and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    01-18-20 06:39 AM
    Here are the new release notes: https://docs.blackberry.com/en/id-co...c1532607724961
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-18-20 06:48 AM
    And here is the new security note: https://docs.blackberry.com/en/id-co...a1400605497601
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-18-20 06:52 AM
    And I feared that only I had not understood the actual meaning of the post or that the meaning would have been lost in translation.
    Don’t take it personally. The original post was correct. BTW, the new update isn’t so great on iOS as it’s having some issues now.
    01-18-20 08:07 AM
    Btw, which one of the BBMe superfan group are you really (using this new account for the last 5 days)?
    01-18-20 09:56 AM
    Btw, which one of the BBMe superfan group are you really (using this new account for the last 5 days)?
    Well, is CrackPriv still around?
    01-18-20 10:19 AM
    I am not a group.
    01-18-20 10:35 AM
    I started this thread with the message that there is a new update with exzellent features and improvements. No more. But it seems that posting something positive is a keyword for these who immediately start their negativity and want to bring us to Apple or other products -away from BlackBerry. How bitter and disappointed must they be !
    No... I would say all participants here are furious that bbm failed and they can't use it with everyone.
    01-19-20 08:09 AM
    No... I would say all participants here are furious that bbm failed and they can't use it with everyone.
    Furious? ...not at all. I prefer BBMe to BBM.
    01-19-20 08:12 AM
    BBM update for IOS - I hear from IOS users that after the update they are not receiving the messages unless the application is started, it will not notify you when a message arrived. (It will although when you check bbm).

Anybody else experiencing this issue?
    01-19-20 08:12 AM
    BBM update for IOS - I hear from IOS users that after the update they are not receiving the messages unless the application is started, it will not notify you when a message arrived. (It will although when you check bbm).

This issue has been reported and feedback is they are working on a solution. A member here has been very pro-active in addressing this!

Thanks @PsihoKey2
    01-19-20 08:16 AM

The developer team is working on it. -Actually WhatsApp is down in Germany on all platforms...only textmessages are possible... (N-TV.de)
    01-19-20 08:16 AM

This is correct. Same problem at iOS rollout last year. Similar problem with BBM from Emtek and BBM for iOS originally from BlackBerry years ago.

It gets sorted out usually on the BlackBerry side eventually. But, I’m not sure how as I don’t think it requires a new update necessarily.
    01-19-20 08:18 AM
    The developer team is working on it. -Actually WhatsApp is down in Germany on all platforms...only textmessages are possible... (N-TV.de)
    The same problem is reported from Spain.
    01-19-20 08:26 AM
    The same problem is reported from Spain.
    What does WhatsApp have to do with this problem? BBMe development team relies on WhatsApp to communicate? That’s amazing to rely on competition to your own product.
    01-19-20 08:29 AM
    What does WhatsApp have to do with this problem? BBMe development team relies on WhatsApp to communicate? That’s amazing to rely on competition to your own product.
    I only wanted to mention that also other services have their problems. Calm down. https://downdetector.com/status/whatsapp/
    Last edited by BlueHooker; 01-19-20 at 08:44 AM.
    01-19-20 08:32 AM
    This is correct. Same problem at iOS rollout last year. Similar problem with BBM from Emtek and BBM for iOS originally from BlackBerry years ago.

It gets sorted out usually on the BlackBerry side eventually. But, I’m not sure how as I don’t think it requires a new update necessarily.
    Thank you, it confirms to us we are not crazy. Yes, same problem with a bbm update last year. We had a ticket open with BlackBerry at that time... took a bit to convince them of the issue.
    Indeed it needs usually another update to be pushed out.
    01-19-20 08:39 AM
135 ... 3456