There is a new BBMe Update available in Google Play Store with excellent new features and improvements !
    01-14-20 10:11 AM
    Nice, the desktop clients were also updated.
    01-14-20 01:01 PM
    This is so exciting... iOS finally gets an update soon
    01-14-20 01:01 PM
    There is a new BBMe Update available in Google Play Store with excellent new features and improvements !
    Thanks for the headsup. Great seeing BlackBerry commitment to continue support and improvements! BBMe!
    PsihoKey2 likes this.
    01-14-20 01:03 PM
    Nice, the desktop clients were also updated.
    Sorry, you are wrong. The website shows version ...0.16 . This version is from Oktober 2019.
    01-14-20 01:21 PM
    Sorry, you are wrong. The website shows version ...0.16 . This version is from Oktober 2019.
    I know I'm getting old and my eyes may not be what they once were, but pretty sure that says January 14, 2020.

New BBMe Update!-screen-shot-2020-01-14-12.22.42-pm.png
    New BBMe Update!-screen-shot-2020-01-14-12.22.54-pm.png
    Rico4you and Sigewif like this.
    01-14-20 01:23 PM
    I know I'm getting old and my eyes may not be what they once were, but pretty sure that says January 14, 2020.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.22.42 PM.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	447318

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.22.54 PM.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	447319
    Well ain’t that a Homer Simpson moment Doh’
    01-14-20 01:26 PM

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.22.42 PM.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	447318

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.22.54 PM.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	447319
    Sorry for my mistake. I only looked on the last number, did not see the 10.
    01-14-20 01:32 PM
    Updates are always welcome but until Blackberry provides server side backup and restore functionality they are no better than any of the free messaging services. To be perfectly honest, at this point, Telegram simply does it better.
    01-14-20 01:46 PM
    Updates are always welcome but until Blackberry provides server side backup and restore functionality they are no better than any of the free messaging services. To be perfectly honest, at this point, Telegram simply does it better.
    How many downloads is Telegram showing ?
    01-14-20 01:47 PM
    100,000,000+
    01-14-20 02:02 PM
    Telegram can not be compared. Secret (end2end encrypted) chats are not standard and only possible in individual chats, not in groups and not on desktop. Indeed, it has more downloads. But for more and more quality is over quantity.
    01-14-20 02:18 PM
    Telegram can not be compared. Secret (end2end encrypted) chats are not standard and only possible in individual chats, not in groups and not on desktop. Indeed, it has more downloads. But for more and more quality is over quantity.
    What is this quality you speak of? Is that like security? This sounds like the old argument for BB10 over Android/iOS back in the day. What good is a messenger client if people I know have already given it up. Many of the people I know used BBM in the old days. If all their contacts use something else, they won’t feel like installing yet another messenger. Especially one they moved away from in the past.

BBM for Android/iOS by Emtek already failed. If my contacts and their contacts don’t care about BBMe security or quality, what good will it do me? I already have BBMe and I’m tired of talking with and to myself.....
    01-14-20 02:36 PM
    While correct that Telegram does not automatically default to end to end encryption, the functionality is there when needed. Would Signal have been the better example?

I suggested Telegram because it offers what BBMe doesn't, server side backup and restore, and it doesn't charge for the priviledge. iOS side there is no comparison, iMessage is the superior product, and completely free.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-14-20 02:42 PM
    While correct that Telegram does not automatically default to end to end encryption, the functionality is there when needed. Would Signal have been the better example?

I suggested Telegram because it offers what BBMe doesn't, server side backup and restore, and it doesn't charge for the priviledge. iOS side there is no comparison, iMessage is the superior product, and completely free.
    The functionality is not given in group chats and on desktop in Telegram. Signal cannot be used on 5 devices. BBMe is superior.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-14-20 02:51 PM
    The argument that messenger A is better than messenger B because it was downloaded more often does not hold water. Is a VW Golf a better car than a Ford Mustang just because it was sold more often? Nobody would argue that either.

Both cars can drive you from point A to B. Which car I choose depends on other criteria. If these criteria are the same for all cars, sympathy and preferences decide. And possibly also the price. Even if the price is a matter of privacy.
    01-14-20 03:01 PM
    The argument that messenger A is better than messenger B because it was downloaded more often does not hold water. Is a VW Golf a better car than a Ford Mustang just because it was sold more often? Nobody would argue that either.

Both cars can drive you from point A to B. Which car I choose depends on other criteria. If these criteria are the same for all cars, sympathy and preferences decide. And possibly also the price. Even if the price is a matter of privacy.
    Yes
    Phazn likes this.
    01-14-20 03:11 PM

But if the point of messaging is having people to message with, then your reasoning falls short.

Ubiquity is king.
    rarsen, John Albert and cwalt2166 like this.
    01-14-20 03:15 PM
    bbme is HIPAA compliant and provides policy management. you dont get that with any other message app. if all you use bbme for is chat with your friends imagining a tinfoil hat then maybe telegram or signal is all you need. bbme has thicker foil lol, seriously. stop the marginal comparisons. they dont compare.
    Paulelmar18 and Jake2826 like this.
    01-14-20 03:25 PM
    But if the point of messaging is having people to message with, then your reasoning falls short.

Ubiquity is king.
    Oh, if you can choose from more than 1.3 million users, that should probably be enough. I am currently chatting with almost 300 contacts via BBMe, both professionally and privately. What do I need other messengers? But if someone only has one BBMe contact, of course, he should change the messenger.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    01-14-20 03:28 PM
    bbme is HIPAA compliant and provides policy management. you dont get that with any other message app. if all you use bbme for is chat with your friends imagining a tinfoil hat then maybe telegram or signal is all you need. bbme has thicker foil lol, seriously. stop the marginal comparisons. they dont compare.
    Agreed! BBMe is light-years ahead of Telegram and such 3rd party unsecure apps
    Paulelmar18, Jake2826 and Rico4you like this.
    01-14-20 03:28 PM
    Excellent point!!!
    They compare Telegram to BBMe and say telegram is better than BBMe because it has more downloads. That is ridiculous!
    Its like comparing Toyota and Ferrari.... Toyota has billion sold cars, ferrari much less....but that does NOT make Toyota a better car.
    Exactly same is Telegram vs. BBMe.
    Not to mention Viber and What's app, 3rd party apprs that are 'free'....I say 'free" because you pay from very begining with your most sensitive private data like your phone number.
    THAT is why BBMe is the BEST. Specially after this epic update!!
    Paulelmar18, Jake2826 and Rico4you like this.
    01-14-20 03:30 PM
    awesome update indeed!!
    this makes BBMe even better!!
    fully satisfied!
    security, functionality, speed, reliability!!!
    GREAT
    01-14-20 03:31 PM
    folks, iOS update is UP!
    enjoy!
    Jake2826 likes this.
    01-14-20 03:39 PM
    It looks like some here would like to manage a social credit system (like in China) with a big messenger for the masses without security...
    01-14-20 03:39 PM
135 123 ...