I guess there are lots of our friends & family who has stopped using BBM because of 2 common complaints :

1. It's too difficult to use, it is not user friendly.

2. The fonts & emoticons are too small.

Well of course the list will go on for many other reasons but I would like to offer a solution to these two complaints.

For the first problem maybe BBM should integrate Multi-person chat & Group chat in the first place. Why in the world would we need help have 2 ways of doing group chats?

My suggestion is like this ;

1. Remove multi-person chat

2. Allow all users to share pictures, movies, files, locations, voice, calendar & lists in-line with the chat just like we currently have in the multi-person chat.

3. When a picture, movies & voice note is shared there will he 2 buttons next to the icon just like how we have the request HD button.

4. For pictures shared the first button is request HD

The second button would be to comment on this picture. If someone taps on comments they will be taken back to the group picture gallery with the picture opened just like how we have it now. They can then comment on the picture.

Then they swipe back, it will bring them back to the chat screen again so they continue to chat like usual

5. Movie sharing will also have 2 buttons

First button us to play the movie.

Second button is comment. They will be then taken back to the picture gallery just like what we have now to comment on the movie shared.

This concept can be used for voice notes as well.

6. Calendar & lists will have also 2 buttons too they are for comments & to go directly to open up the calendar items or lists item.

7. Files shared however should remain like how it is now.

Remember, when the user swipe right it should bring them back to the original chat screen.

If there are comments from other users in the group for the picture, movies, calendar or voice notes shared there will be a sparkle at the top to indicate what has been commented on. When users tap on it, the user will be brought directly to the comments. When the user swipe right, they will be brought back to the chat & continue.

Hope it is easy for you guys to imagine this. Do tell me what do you think of this new interface?

Well of course, if the fonts & emoticons are too small the only solution is to make them larger.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:42 AM
    1. It's too difficult to use, it is not user friendly.
    I can't say I have ever heard this one. Lack of free stickers, lack of emoji, less pretty... But never hard to use. No.

2. The fonts & emoticons are too small.
    Never heard this either....

Well of course the list will go on for many other reasons but I would like to offer a solution to these two complaints.
    We're all ears. Solutions are always welcome.

For the first problem maybe BBM should integrate Multi-person chat & Group chat in the first place. Why in the world would we need help have 2 ways of doing group chats?
    Simple. One is for specific people, the other for a group of people. I wanna talk to sibling about a secret gift to parents, I do NOT do it on family group chat.

My suggestion is like this ;

1. Remove multi-person chat
    And rob us of a useful feature.

2. Allow all users to share pictures, movies, files, locations, voice, calendar & lists in-line with the chat just like we currently have in the multi-person chat.
    Good point, I think some of those are actully planned to happen.

3. When a picture, movies & voice note is shared there will he 2 buttons next to the icon just like how we have the request HD button.
    Go on....

4. For pictures shared the first button is request HD

The second button would be to comment on this picture (not sure if this is useful at all) If someone taps on comments they will be taken back to the group picture gallery with the picture opened just like how we have it now. They can then comment on the picture.

Then they swipe back, it will bring them back to the chat screen again so they continue to chat like usual

5. Movie sharing will also have 2 buttons

First button us to play the movie.
    6. Calendar & lists will have also 2 buttons too they are for comments & to go directly to open up the calendar items or lists item.
    I rather they stay as they work now, become a calendar on your calendar app.

7. Files shared however should remain like how it is now.
    Disagree, I want to be able to send docs, presentations and rar files to a goup.

Remember, when the user swipe right it should bring them back to the original chat screen.
    Good call.
    I don't know what's up with the comments, I myself get annoyed if too many people comment on group stuff. You get a heck lot of notification on stuff that only wastes time.

Also, none of the comment suggestions qualify as "easier" usage, if you ask me.The other ideas are nice though.
    12-26-14 03:33 PM