Why don't you buy stock or go work for them? Wait, maybe you do.
    bounce007 likes this.
    04-26-15 04:43 PM
    For those people who don�t want to pay the subscription, which I agree is over overpriced for what you get, simply get your contacts to switch to one of the other messaging apps out there that has the feature set and price you want. BBM needs users to have value, so a large group of users walking out might be enough to convince Chen that there are other, easier ways accomplish whatever financial goals this nickel-and-dime subscription strategy is meant to accomplish.
    And how the heck that would help??? I guest you haven't studied business management

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 05:53 PM
    With this new update, BlackBerry has apparently limited how many timed messages, timed picture messages and message retractions we can use. This sucks. Many people commenting on the update article, on the front page of CrackBerry.com feel the same way. I just can't understand for the users who own a BlackBerry, how is such an update any incentive for us to continue our support??? Sigh.
    Ya gota pay to play and when you get good this cost is insignificant.
    04-26-15 09:23 PM
    And how the heck that would help??? I guest you haven't studied business management

Posted via CB10
    he's got a point. oh and Chen didn't either (he studied electrical engineering)
    Last edited by extisis; 04-27-15 at 12:14 AM.
    04-26-15 09:24 PM
    Hey guys! Can you give .bar file 10.8.5.15?
    04-26-15 11:17 PM
    Hey guys! Can you give .bar file 10.8.5.15?
    Hahahah. Classic
    04-27-15 12:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Huh? Chen's choice to nickel and dime BBM users has irritated a lot of people on this thread, but it isn�t clear that Chen gets the message. That�s a problem. I was simply pointing out that there are few ways more powerful to get a CEO's attention than a client walk-out. I�d rather BlackBerry keep all the current features free and simply put a PayPal donation button on its website if it needs a couple of bucks so baldly. It�s pretty clear to me that some on this thread see BlackBerry as a charity case and would be happy to give the company money for nothing, or in this case, very very little.
    extisis and nah.uhh like this.
    04-27-15 12:20 AM
    It�s pretty clear to me that some on this thread see BlackBerry as a charity case and would be happy to give the company money for nothing, or in this case, very very little.
    I get your point, but if the return is so small as you point it to be, then why does it bother you if they're charging for feature that are "very very little", it seems you don't need them anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 12:44 AM
    You guys are too spoiled.

Wake up, nothing is free

Posted via CB10
    I know. My Z10 cost a few hundred bones. Worked hard for that money, so I wouldn't say I'm spoiled.
    nah.uhh and bounce007 like this.
    04-27-15 01:59 AM
    BBM cost are high and still BlackBerry managed to earn money without using your private information or get copyright on your stuff like whatsapp or facebook doing and selling it to third parties or using your messager for making a profil on you to earn money.
    SlcCorrado and -Puck- like this.
    04-27-15 07:06 AM
    I won't update my BBM not that I give a damn about any of the "features" that Chen is nickel and diming everyone over.

It's not about spoiled. It's about BBM being purposely railroaded. If it were run right it could have been the dominate messenger. But it's been run like crap. It's loyal users get treated like crap.

Chen is not here to make BlackBerry handsets succeed. He's here to lead BlackBerry as you know it to its end.

Chen is the harbinger of death.

I'm hoping that the torch slider makes it to production before Chen completes his mission. But knowing Chen it will be released with its usual crappy camera and subpar specs..

What would revive BlackBerry is if the slider was a monster *** phone. And if we had a CEO like John Legere who would excited people and compete.

We have a mortician. Who hates it's clients.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2708 / T-Mobile USA
    04-27-15 07:27 AM
    I'd happily pay for bbm features if they all came in one package for example: a pro subscription with all features avaliable for �1-�2 a month... certainly not paying the �1.50 a month extra just for 1 feature.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:32 AM
    I'd happily pay for bbm features if they all came in one package for example: a pro subscription with all features avaliable for �1-�2 a month... certainly not paying the �1.50 a month extra just for 1 feature.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely! Lack of bundle packaging is the reason why they would not generate a dime with fragmented subscriptions. Who runs BBM division?

And giving features for free only to take them away is a honest business No No. That was simple bait and switch and not some testing like some are saying.

I agree BBM needs to generate revenue because it's so feature rich unlike any other IM but the way they are doing it is wrong for them. Bundling subscriptions is the only way to go if they want serious income.

BBM has enough room to thrive and prosper even more. Their group messaging is unparalleled by any messaging app because it's more collaboration oriented. All they need now is real document and annotation sharing and you have enterprise feature.

Posted via CB10
    step07 likes this.
    04-27-15 08:20 AM
    This type of thing, my friend, will not get BlackBerry back on top. Sadly.
    Maybe it'll make them them profitable but I agree with you about not putting them back on top.
    04-27-15 09:11 AM
    Can't add channels through bbm pin or direct....bbm sucks

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 09:18 AM
    Wow. I really think far too many [people miss the point of this thread and those like it.

First no one is looking for free cell phone service, a free device or a free app. Folks are looking for a fully featured BBM client, on a BB they paid for (and by the way, not so much cheaper than most Apple products) and would prefer not to pay for monthly premiums to have all the features. BBM software is made by BB, and for the longest time only BB users. This is not an app created by a 3rd party - this is our device manufacturer charging extra for services same as if we bought a Samsung, HTC or Apple device.

Next, immediately running to the old standby comparison to Apple is beyond ridiculous. Apple has an overwhelming share of the marketplace, an incredible amount of goodwill built up among consumers and its users and generally runs as smooth a new born's behind. BB is struggling. $1 per month will generate revenue, but not nearly enough to make up even a small percent of the software deficit between what Chen had hoped would occur last quarter, and that which was realized. It will be a proverbial drop in the bucket. On the other hand, this charge, though clearly announced and planned, will not make users happy, and in-fact will upset a small handful of (let's call them loyal) users. From a business perspective, probably not a great idea if your most important asset and goal are BB users. From a BB lover's perspective - not a great idea to lose even a few more BB users over nickel and dime software revenue.

Yes - BB announced it. Yes it will bring in revenue. Neither of those truths make monetizing BBM for BB handset users a good idea.
    04-27-15 09:59 AM
    Never fully understood the purpose of the timed message myself. What i find annoying sometimes on my Z10 is that I inadvertently set a message as timed while composing it, noticing only after it is sent. Not even sure then what that meant to the message.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 10:06 AM
    And pay there too. If it's Apple it is exorbitant prices for their new phones etc.

You are fooling your self if you think it's free elsewhere.

And for once I am hopeful and feeling better about BlackBerry's chances and where they are going.

Posted via CB10
    If you buy phones on contract, prices are pretty much the same across brands. If you buy unlocked, Apple is higher, but at least when you resell it you get pretty much your money back while with BB it is a total loss.
    04-27-15 10:07 AM
    It's amazing how so many want to see BlackBerry succeed as a company, yet, don't want to pay for services. They only way BlackBerry is going to succeed is if they make money. I'm afraid sticker packs alone isn't going to do this. This is not surprising from the latest generation of wanting and getting everything instantly and for free. Actions speak louder than words.
    04-27-15 11:10 AM
    Never fully understood the purpose of the timed message myself. What i find annoying sometimes on my Z10 is that I inadvertently set a message as timed while composing it, noticing only after it is sent. Not even sure then what that meant to the message.

Posted via CB10
    happend to me too.
    super annying. i'm happy the option is gone.
    extisis likes this.
    04-27-15 01:18 PM
    It's amazing how so many want to see BlackBerry succeed as a company, yet, don't want to pay for services. They only way BlackBerry is going to succeed is if they make money. I'm afraid sticker packs alone isn't going to do this. This is not surprising from the latest generation of wanting and getting everything instantly and for free. Actions speak louder than words.
    I'd understand if they were monetizing something significant, but you're defending $2 stickers...

Posted via the CB10 App on my Z10
    04-27-15 01:30 PM
    They should have made it free for ppl with BlackBerry devices and paid for Apple and Samsung devices.
    Couldn't agree more, at least this would make having a BB10 device slightly more attractive.
    1magine likes this.
    04-27-15 03:40 PM
    My favorite whatsapp feature is stripping all my contacts from my phone and saving it to their servers... but it's so convenient though right?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 03:52 PM
    Couldn't agree more, at least this would make having a BB10 device slightly more attractive.
    This would be the best solution for sure.

Posted via CB10
    m3ach and 1magine like this.
    04-27-15 03:54 PM
    My favorite whatsapp feature is stripping all my contacts from my phone and saving it to their servers... but it's so convenient though right?

Posted via CB10
    At least you know you've got a back then right! lol
    04-27-15 04:01 PM
139 ... 23456