Just noticed that BBM has upgraded it "Groups" so that it can handle up to 300 people. However, it got rid of the calendar and lists functionality! So much for the upgrade. I will stick to the original.

Unless I'm missing something?
    09-26-18 01:51 PM
    I would have a challenge acquiring 50 BBM users for a regular group, let alone a 300 person group.
    09-26-18 02:29 PM
    I would have a challenge acquiring 50 BBM users for a regular group, let alone a 300 person group.
    LOL. Good point. I only have 4 people (including myself) in a family group. Not having calendar functionality is a huge failure.
    09-26-18 02:56 PM
    One of the main reasons my family use BBM is for the calendar so we can let others know what we're doing. We will now have to look for something else to use - another way that BlackBerry can lose customers!!
    09-29-18 08:11 AM
    We used list and calendars too. Pretty backwards step.
    Not sure what's the upgrade here? They could have easily upped the members size.
    09-30-18 05:58 PM
    I'm not the moderator of a BBM group but how do I get rid of the static notification requesting me to upgrade "to a new group for a better experience".
    10-02-18 06:19 PM
    I'm not the moderator of a BBM group but how do I get rid of the static notification requesting me to upgrade "to a new group for a better experience".
    I'm a moderator and I can't get rid of it!
    10-03-18 06:42 AM
    Apparently, even the old BBM Groups no longer has the ability to enter an event into the BlackBerry Calendar. So if someone makes an event in the group, it stays there and it not reflected into the BlackBerry Calendar.

With time, it just seems that BBM is drifting further away from BlackBerry devices. It doesn't feel like an integrated app anymore.... nevermind the security issues, I'm not sure that it's worth pre-installing in BlackBerry devices anymore....
    12-22-18 08:11 AM
    With the loss of group calendar and lists, I lost the main reason I stuck with BBM this long for me and my wife. We moved to a shared Google calendar and shared lists in Google keep - now pretty much anything will do for messaging between us and BBM will be removed. We share a good amount of pictures, so I'll look into what works best. Does any messaging app allow full res photos?
    12-22-18 03:50 PM
    With the loss of group calendar and lists, I lost the main reason I stuck with BBM this long for me and my wife. We moved to a shared Google calendar and shared lists in Google keep - now pretty much anything will do for messaging between us and BBM will be removed. We share a good amount of pictures, so I'll look into what works best. Does any messaging app allow full res photos?
    I'm in the same position. The good integration with the BlackBerry Calendar was one of the strongest reasons I stayed with BBM so long.
    12-22-18 04:19 PM
    Send a complaint as feedback: https://help.bbm.com/en/support/tickets/new
    When you get a response, I'd be interested to know what it is.
    12-23-18 12:04 AM
    I'm in the same position. The good integration with the BlackBerry Calendar was one of the strongest reasons I stayed with BBM so long.
    Have you tried GroupMe? It has calendar event integration.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-18 11:03 AM
    Send a complaint as feedback: https://help.bbm.com/en/support/tickets/new
    When you get a response, I'd be interested to know what it is.
    I submitted a ticket, but I'm not hopeful. The BBM support staff are effectively useless.

I will report back on their response, assuming I even get one.
    12-27-18 07:06 PM
    Apparently there's a tsunami in Indonesia right now, so it might take a while for them to get back.
    12-28-18 12:19 PM
    I submitted a ticket, but I'm not hopeful. The BBM support staff are effectively useless.

I will report back on their response, assuming I even get one.
    All joking about Indonesia aside, I believe Emtek focus is on Indonesian space with little regard for the old features of BB10 version. Emtek could have licensed BB10 version as well or paid BB to keep it maintained and compatible with Emtek version. If you're not part of Indonesian target demographic, Emtek doesn't care unless their demographic cares...
    12-28-18 12:36 PM
    so apparently iPhone users still have calendar integration in the old BBM Groups it's android users that emtek stopped supporting the functionality on.

in one of my groups an iPhone user shared his screen shots with us of the calendar integration still working for him
    02-22-19 07:47 AM
    so apparently iPhone users still have calendar integration in the old BBM Groups it's android users that emtek stopped supporting the functionality on.

in one of my groups an iPhone user shared his screen shots with us of the calendar integration still working for him
    This is interesting indeed. I wonder if it has anything to do with new Google restrictions. They have been limiting the integration with the Hub lately with call logs and text messages.
    02-25-19 03:15 PM
    This is interesting indeed. I wonder if it has anything to do with new Google restrictions. They have been limiting the integration with the Hub lately with call logs and text messages.
    Not sure but I spoke to BlackBerry software team a couple of months ago and they confirmed that the issue wasn't with BlackBerry calendar but emtek have decided not to support the calendar in BBM anymore.
    02-25-19 03:55 PM
    Not sure but I spoke to BlackBerry software team a couple of months ago and they confirmed that the issue wasn't with BlackBerry calendar but emtek have decided not to support the calendar in BBM anymore.
    Yes, that makes sense. The removed the ability of BBM to send calendar files.
    02-25-19 03:57 PM