10-18-14 12:03 PM
58 123
tools
    Still can't see it in betazone. I think bbm updates have slowed down.

So much missing in groups functionality and at this point of time groups and individual chats look so different.

Posted via CB10
    They branched off with windows phone 8 and bbm protected as a priority. Hopefully they can get back to refocusing on the basics soon.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    10-03-14 03:45 PM
    I can't get the beta zone to open to dl this. Keep getting gateway error

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Gateway error. Got the invite but can't get into Betazone.....
    10-03-14 04:35 PM
    Beta zone server seems to be down at the moment.

Posting from my cute z30 on 10.3.1.633
    10-03-14 04:51 PM
    It's OK. I just like that we can at least see /preview stickers now. Easier to get to...

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:52 PM
    One weird thing. At first I did not lose my chats. But after a restart, my chats were gone. Lol. But starting a chat with someone I previously chatted with brings the history back just where we left off.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:55 PM
    Don't want HQ phot hopefully an option to turn it off.

Posted via CB10
    Yup its a toggle switch.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 05:15 PM
    One weird thing. At first I did not lose my chats. But after a restart, my chats were gone. Lol. But starting a chat with someone I previously chatted with brings the history back just where we left off.

Posted via CB10
    Lol... sounds, ugh.. robust.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 05:18 PM
    Story of blackberry's life:

Attachment 302878

Posted via CB10
    Need the bbm bar so I can test it.. Smh

Anyway.. I don't like the sound of this implementation..
    This sounds like an all(full image file transfer) or nothing(blurry thumbnail) approach. (would like to see screenshot). I don't ever want to send the full quality 8mb 3mb photo.. lol.

You SHOULD be given the option to scale the image before sending... like bbm5.0 or like emails
    10-03-14 05:29 PM
    Need the bbm bar so I can test it.. Smh

Anyway.. I don't like the sound of this implementation..
    This sounds like an all(full image file transfer) or nothing(blurry thumbnail) approach. (would like to see screenshot). I don't ever want to send the full quality 8mb 3mb photo.. lol.

You SHOULD be given the option to scale the image before sending... like bbm5.0 or like emails
    What's wrong it the implementation? It's exactly the same as before where the receiver requests the HQ pics. It's an option. So nothing has changed on the senders end at all... The receiver just doesn't have to go through the extra steps any longer if they choose not to. Or, they can just turn off the automation...

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 05:37 PM
    What's wrong it the implementation? It's exactly the same as before where the receiver requests the HQ pics. It's an option. So nothing has changed on the senders end at all... The receiver just doesn't have to go through the extra steps any longer if they choose not to. Or, they can just turn off the automation...

Posted via CB10
    Most users don't know to long-press on the picture and request an higher quality picture.
    10-03-14 05:43 PM
    Most users don't know to long-press on the picture and request an higher quality picture.
    I don't get your point here......

EDIT: To clarify... What does that have to do with my post you quoted?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 05:51 PM
    Any got the bar file that is willing to share?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 06:20 PM
    I don't get your point here......

EDIT: To clarify... What does that have to do with my post you quoted?

Posted via CB10
    It would be better if the SENDER could choose how to scale pic before sending. Like I said in my post.. there is nearly never a time when I need to send the full raw 3mb image. I'd prefer to send a rescaled version..

The thumbnail would be sent alongside an accept /decline button

The only difference between what I think the feature does be what it should. Is right now it is either the full quality pic or a thumbnail. There is no in between.

The thumbnail should be sent every time.. but I should be able to choose whether or not to send the full quality image or whether to scale it first.

The option is as simple as adding another toggle for "rescale images before sending? " to the current implementation and changing the "tap-hold >request hq" to an "accept " button

Agreed.. though I did know, I find myself explaining to to people when I send them pics. Also, when I tell people to tap and hold they always tell me "nothing happened" until they try a few times. "Request hq" is simply not an intuitive way of doing things.
    Why would the recipient "request" anything? The recipient should be "accepting" hq
    10-03-14 06:42 PM
    It would be better if the SENDER could choose how to scale pic before sending. Like I said in my post.. there is nearly never a time when I need to send the full raw 3mb image. I'd prefer to send a rescaled version..

The thumbnail would be sent alongside an accept /decline button

The only difference between what I think the feature does be what it should. Is right now it is either the full quality pic or a thumbnail. There is no in between.

The thumbnail should be sent every time.. but I should be able to choose whether or not to send the full quality image or whether to scale it first.

The option is as simple as adding another toggle for "rescale images before sending? " to the current implementation and changing the "tap-hold >request hq" to an "accept " button

Agreed.. though I did know, I find myself explaining to to people when I send them pics. Also, when I tell people to tap and hold they always tell me "nothing happened" until they try a few times. "Request hq" is simply not an intuitive way of doing things.
    Why would the recipient "request" anything? The recipient should be "accepting" hq
    Not sure why someone would want to scale down an image??? Especially since it is the receiver that makes the decision anyway. Always been that way. But I agree that more options can never be a bad thing.

Also, I'm happy I don't have to request anything any longer. It's automatic now! Yay!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 06:56 PM
    Not sure why someone would want to scale down an image??? Especially since it is the receiver that makes the decision anyway. Always been that way. But I agree that more options can never be a bad thing.

Also, I'm happy I don't have to request anything any longer. It's automatic now! Yay!

Posted via CB10
    Well, if I take a few pictures at the zoo, I don't need to waste 30mb sending 10 pictures, when I could send images similar on quality and only use 10mb.

Why would we want to scale images?
    I don't know many people that want to accept song sized pictures automatically (read:files)

Like I said, the option would be as simple as...
    After reading what you said about "auto accepting hq"
    What is the toggle?? Is it auto send hq? Auto accept hq? Both? Screenshot?
    10-03-14 07:42 PM
    Yes you can. That's why it says default. So you can turn it off.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Idk, i thought that was self explanatory

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-03-14 08:21 PM
    I hope you can have your option in the near future. I don't need it, but that's why options are good in my view. It doesn't hurt anyone.

The toggle is to RECEIVE HQ pictures automatically. So there is no requesting any longer if the option is selected. They are just there. Awesome on my Z10 screen!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 08:22 PM
    Idk, i thought that was self explanatory

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    U got the download from beta zone to work

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 08:24 PM
    This your option now. Screen shot
    New BBM Beta Update!-img_20141003_213718.png

Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.3 leak
    nah.uhh likes this.
    10-03-14 11:38 PM
    I like the new option to get at stickers if using stickers is your thing. I just would like to be able to remove packs or at least put them in order. This new option does make it more user friendly. Also the long press to see the sticker is cool. Before if you touched it it was sent right or wrong.

10-03-14 11:43 PM
    I like the new option to get at stickers if using stickers is your thing. I just would like to be able to remove packs or at least put them in order. This new option does make it more user friendly. Also the long press to see the sticker is cool. Before if you touched it it was sent right or wrong.

Boo I was hoping we would be able to remove sticker packs and reorganize the order of the pages. I was also hoping they would have a "most used" stickers page. Oh well.
    10-04-14 01:02 AM
    Seems this is a limited beta update.
    It is still not showing in the beta zone app for me

Posting from my cute z30 on 10.3.1.633
    10-04-14 04:45 AM
    For me too. Not showing up

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.634
    10-04-14 04:45 AM
    Yes it is a limited beta...........

"The beta does appear to be limited for the moment, so if you've not yet received invite you might have to wait a bit longer. Worst case, you'll have to wait for the official release but at least we know what's coming in the next version plus, BBM betas tend to go official rather quickly."

http://crackberry.com/new-bbm-arrive...d-new-features

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 04:53 AM
    I have almost got all other apps from beta zone, but the BBM never shows up on my Beta zone list.
    this is since day one.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 02:47 AM
58 123