New BBM  Beta Release this week..-img_20150330_154424.png

Hi All,

In a few days, an upcoming BBM beta release will bring you some new exciting features. A real focus has been made to help you connect and develop your network on BBM! We are excited to get your feedback on these new features that will enrich your communication with friends. Stay tuned for further updates later this week!

In preparation for the BBM beta release, you may notice a "Timed and Retracted Messages" subscription item available in the BBM Shop later today. This new subscription item will not take effect until the beta release. Subscribing will allow you to get unlimited access to Timed Messages and Message Retraction. Non-subscribers will be able to Retract a maximum of 3 Messages and send a maximum of 3 Timed Messages.

What are your thoughts

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281 on Roids....
    03-30-15 02:47 PM
    I find it so shameful that they're now retracting the possibility to send unlimited timed/retracted messages and making it a subscription feature. What's next? Voice and Video calls will also be available only on a subscription fee? Well done BlackBerry.
    03-30-15 03:08 PM
    Well Video never really arrived eh ?
    03-30-15 03:15 PM
    Well Video never really arrived eh ?
    Between BlackBerry phones it did.
    03-30-15 03:15 PM
    Between BlackBerry phones it did.
    35 out of my 40 contacts are on Android or iOS ....

With voice those got fully satisfied but the other wish never arrived
    03-30-15 03:22 PM
    Is that 3 free timer / retractions per day, month, or total?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    03-30-15 03:27 PM
    I find it so shameful that they're now retracting the possibility to send unlimited timed/retracted messages and making it a subscription feature. What's next? Voice and Video calls will also be available only on a subscription fee? Well done BlackBerry.
    Yes has me wondering now..

03-30-15 03:27 PM
    Is that 3 free timer / retractions per day, month, or total?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    I wanna assume it's per msg...i hope

03-30-15 03:28 PM
    Oh god that is so stupid it's unbelievable!
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    03-30-15 03:49 PM
    In a way, they're trying to make up for the loss in BIS, but this is only short-term and won't last. At least that is my opinion. As much as this news is yet another thing I dislike about the new BBM, they had mentioned it when they first launched these features about a year ago or so.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 04:09 PM
    btw , does anybody use BBM channels ? I had a breaf look , looks like good idea but seems limited number of professionally looking channels
    03-30-15 04:16 PM
    Well channels could be nice.. but I never use them at all.. all the things I like/follow post on Facebook and Twitter.. no need for a 3th.

The subscription was expected when they released the features, I just hope they won't let us pay another $2 p/m like Custom pin

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 
    03-30-15 04:33 PM
    When they first introduced timed & retract they specifically stated that they would be subscription based in the future.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 04:49 PM
    Why would people not just move to a different platform then? I mean BB isn't even respecting it's current clientele, terrible marketing. The CMO should be fired.
    theonecid and Thesmartmale like this.
    03-30-15 04:59 PM
    When they first introduced timed & retract they specifically stated that they would be subscription based in the future.

Posted via CB10
    Don't recall but I think as BlackBerry device users we should be allowed these features...just my opinion

03-30-15 05:00 PM
    Don't recall but I think as BlackBerry device users we should be allowed these features...just my opinion

I have to agree. As a person who loves their phones for keyboard, battery, software and hardware there shouldn't be anymore beating for missing apps. They should be promoting buying there phones not alienating people who use them as we are still missing a lot that other platforms offer.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 06:04 PM
    Hella gay

Paying to send nudes, wow
    I guess I HAVE to buy an android device now.. does whatsapp have times messages yet? I need a snapchat alternative..
    BlackBerry wild crazy. 3?
    I was just about to pay for protected as well.. eff that.. not if I also have to pay for my no ads and timed messages ontop of the price of the BlackBerry..

Anyway, I'm not paying for jack ... but my phone and apps by third party devs (ie, I'm not paying for any pre-installed BlackBerry apps or features within.. BlackBerry maps, BlackBerry Messenger, BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry browser, BlackBerry video editor.. I paid for these when i bought my device.)

BlackBerry starting to sound like att, charging for bluetooth and nfc

(Maybe in the beta, but) as it stands you still can't retract a picture.. which is a shame. Sometime I send pics meant to be timed messages by accident.

BlackBerry trying to nickel and dime their way back to the top..
    How about.. offer protected for 3$/mth via the shop! I bet they would make way more money than their dumb stickers and subscriptions

Or have carriers offer an unlimited bbm voice package for 5-10$/mth. The data wouldn't come out of your bucket

If they want to charge for times messages, the current implementation should remain FREE!!
    The premium version should allow you to have a retracted chat. For times messages, should be an option allow you to force all messages to be timed messages. While the toggle is ON for retracted chat, all messages from that point in time will be cleared once you back out of the conversation. With auto times messages ON, every message sent will be a times message.

Also, should be an option To "view sent timed messages"

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    03-30-15 06:09 PM
    Bye Bye BBM. Sticking to my WhatsApp, oh and it now has voice calling too .
    03-31-15 08:19 AM
    So far we have No Ads, Custom PIN and Timed Messages + Retraction subscriptions (and cross-platform video calls packaged in separate app to justify the subscription and not offer free one-on-one cross-platform video calls). Are they out of their minds to think this can actually work?

At this point BBM should point all of their guns at Viber and WhatsApp. Having BBM Protected require only one subscriber was a way to go and I thought they finally made a reasonable decision for the future but guess not.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    03-31-15 09:03 AM
    BBM is gonna flop, BlackBerry is really ******* up.

Posted via CB10
    theonecid and Q10Bold like this.
    04-01-15 02:15 PM
    For some reason I actually don't mind paying for the service, if the price is right. It adds value for sure. You get a higher level of security. For instance, people won't easily screen grab your (secret) message/pic and share it with unintended recipients. Of course, if security is of your utmost concern.

This is a moot point for the gen pop, as most of their conversations are not confidential anyway. They can always opt to not subscribe to the service and use BBM or any other IM service, as it is.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-01-15 10:09 PM
    No beta deployment yet... waiting.

Post on my Super Passport 10.3.X.XXX
    04-03-15 09:39 AM
    No beta deployment yet... waiting.

Post on my Super Passport 10.3.X.XXX
    Yes waiting also...maybe they heard us lol...

04-03-15 11:59 AM
    They're really waiting to release the beta at the eleventh hour I suppose
    04-04-15 10:56 AM
    Look at it this way. The original BBM didn't have "Retracting and Timed Messages". That is just an extra BlackBerry threw in there, so not sure what there is to miss. Plus BlackBerry made it clear from the beginning that these features would eventually be paid features.

Other than SnapChat I don't know of any other Chat app that even has this feature. So I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about.

Maybe I just don't use it as much and it's not as important to me, don't know, just don't see why everyone is appalled, we always new it would be paid.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 05:37 AM
98 123 ...