I have had the BBM for over a year now, but really haven't play much with BBM since it's only my wife and I who have a BB. We have the BB Q10.

Love the device and BB10 is very good, but could be improved.

Getting another Q10 for a family member and thought maybe it would now be more fun to play with BBM.

I've seen some BB video on BBM, but they seem to focus on the Z10.

1) Will BBM work ok with the Q10?

2) Any suggested resources that explain and show how to get the most out of BBM?

3) n simple terms, why text with BBM vs regular text?

I've played with it a little and see that texting is different and you can do video chat or place a phone call, etc. I really don't get it all right now, but if it can do awesome something then I want to know about it.

Many thanks!
    New to BB and BBM
    07-21-14 12:32 PM
    Hi!
    First of, yes BBM will work just fine on your Q10.
    I've written a couple of guides that might help :http://forums.crackberry.com/general...cs-bbm-866271/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-video-870838/

As for why BBM vs text, well for one it doesn't use your text allowance, and has so many more features. Try it and you will see! I love it , and is my most used app.
    NewPreKnox and nico2004 like this.
    07-21-14 01:41 PM
    Hi!
    First of, yes BBM will work just fine on your Q10.
    I've written a couple of guides that might help :http://forums.crackberry.com/general...cs-bbm-866271/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-video-870838/

Thanks for your response. I will certain look over the guide. I just found out that you can no longer add a photo to BBM contact based on what I just tried to do and was told on the Crackberry forum. Do you know why BB disabled this feature?

Regardless, I sure that I will find your guide helpful!

As for why BBM vs text, well for one it doesn't use your text allowance, and has so many more features. Try it and you will see! I love it , and is my most used app.
    07-21-14 05:49 PM
    You can certainly change your own profile pic, but no, you can't change the pic of a contact. I'm not sure if it were available to do before as I never even tried to change a contacts pic in BBM. Haha
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    07-21-14 06:59 PM
    You can certainly change your own profile pic, but no, you can't change the pic of a contact. I'm not sure if it were available to do before as I never even tried to change a contacts pic in BBM. Haha
    Thanks for your reply. I only asked this question because 1) it seems like you should be able to (right?) and 2) when I saw the video about BBM it featured the Z10 and in that video each contact had a picture showing fwiw.
    07-22-14 05:27 PM
    The contact needs to add their own pic...
    07-22-14 05:58 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I only asked this question because 1) it seems like you should be able to (right?) and 2) when I saw the video about BBM it featured the Z10 and in that video each contact had a picture showing fwiw.
    The picture of the BBM Contact is a picture that they have chosen, like someone choosing their profile picture on Facebook, so you can't change it.

It's not quite the same as the more normal Contacts or Address Book part of a phone in that you are looking at their live BBM profile when you see their picture in the BBM Contacts list and you can see their "status" changing throughout the day/week if they update it, in a similar way to Facebook status updates.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    07-22-14 06:14 PM
    The picture of the BBM Contact is a picture that they have chosen, like someone choosing their profile picture on Facebook, so you can't change it.

It's not quite the same as the more normal Contacts or Address Book part of a phone in that you are looking at their live BBM profile when you see their picture in the BBM Contacts list and you can see their "status" changing throughout the day/week if they update it, in a similar way to Facebook status updates.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    Oh I get it now. BBM is different in that BBM is like a private network and each BBM person makes their pictures for BBM and if I'm connected to them via BBM then I will see their picture if they have one and they can see mine if I have one. Bong! (or however you spell this)
    07-23-14 10:38 AM