Since this change is rapidly approaching, there are some areas with regard to Groups and Chats within BBM that need further clarification.

In the official statement on the BB Help Blog, the following is stated:

"BBM Groups will no longer support groups with a combination of BB10 / BBOS participants and Android / iOS participants -BBM Groups will continue to support groups with only BB10 and BBOS participants, or groups with only Android and iOS participants"

My questions are as follows:

Groups:

1. What action will be taken on groups that contain both BB10 AND Android/IOS Users? Will the 'hybrid' groups be deleted? Will the BB10 users just disappear from the groups?

2. Will group admins need to selectively remove BB10 users from the groups prior to June 27?

3. If groups that contain BB10 users remain, but with the BB10 users removed, will posts and pictures posted by BB10 users remain visible in the group for Android/iOS users?

Chats:
    It is stated that 1:1 chats between BB10 and Android/iOS users will still be possible.

This raises the following questions:

4. Will chats between BB10 and Android/iOS users still also support posting images/gifs/videos/voice notes to a chat?

5. Will Voice Calling between BB10 and Android/iOS users still be supported?

6. Will Chats (as opposed to groups) still support adding users (either BB10 or Android/iOS) to the chat?

If the answer to questions 6 is yes, then this might be a clunky workaround for 'hybrid' groups no longer being supported.

I made the transition from BB10 to Android a couple of years ago, but have maintained contacts and groups which are still very active after many years of use. Some of the contacts and group members are still on BB10. For those either not willing or not able to migrate before June 27th, I'm just looking for clarification on what needs to be done to prepare for this change.

If the answer to my first question about groups just vanishing is yes, then there is a lot of administration that needs to occur in a short period of time.
    kbz1960 and eiruvrav like this.
    06-11-18 02:25 PM
    Indeed! We are going crazy adding and deleting devices to 'clean' groups up. This feels very slimy. What about people who can't afford to get a new device? Groups are a real pleasure and connect people around the world. What will happen? BlackBerry and BBM haven’t answered my tweets.
    06-11-18 03:48 PM
    Well worded, louzer. I'm in at least 2 groups concerned about the same issues. Will a mixed group (mix of BB10/BBOS and any other platform) simply self-destruct? What is the best course of action for a group Admin to take - preferably one that will not force friends to be separated from other friends, based on the device they carry?

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-18 07:00 PM
    Needs answers
    06-12-18 12:33 AM
    Two more days. it would be nice of them to let us know how it's going to play out!
    06-25-18 06:05 PM
    Switch to WhatsApp or Telegram and problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-18 08:45 PM
    Might be time to switch to another platform.
    06-26-18 05:02 AM
    Whatsapp: Never, not as long as it is owned by Facebook, and requires a phone number as ID.

I've played around a bit with Telegram. It also requires a phone number, but never displays it to anyone who doesn't already have it in their contacts. Not as secure as BBM's use of the BlackBerry PIN though.

Also, as I've said in a couple of groups, nothing else can touch the superb audio quality of BBM voice calling. It's better than a standard telephone call - no lag, no static, no feedback. It's like sitting next to someone and having a conversation. It's the same quality whether talking to someone across town or across the ocean - just amazing. Telegram's audio is far behind - laggy, with no intimacy, and with frequent dropouts.

Switch to WhatsApp or Telegram and problem solved.
    06-30-18 02:18 AM
    Whatsapp: Never, not as long as it is owned by Facebook, and requires a phone number as ID.

I've played around a bit with Telegram. It also requires a phone number, but never displays it to anyone who doesn't already have it in their contacts. Not as secure as BBM's use of the BlackBerry PIN though.

Also, as I've said in a couple of groups, nothing else can touch the superb audio quality of BBM voice calling. It's better than a standard telephone call - no lag, no static, no feedback. It's like sitting next to someone and having a conversation. It's the same quality whether talking to someone across town or across the ocean - just amazing. Telegram's audio is far behind - laggy, with no intimacy, and with frequent dropouts.

Well than sounds like Telegram is your solution if you want to go cross platform. I have no use for anything beyond WhatsApp for occasional family contact internationally.
    06-30-18 07:57 AM
    My understanding is that 1:1 chats between platforms will still continue to be supported. Only groups of mixed platforms will not.

06-30-18 11:03 AM
    has anyone noticed anything? or will there be a grace period?
    06-30-18 09:35 PM
    No one really knows (thus this thread title).
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

07-02-18 07:12 AM
    Well, Armageddon Day has come and gone, what happened? I still have a mixed BBM group with a BB10 participant and several Android devices (including my KeyONE). We can all still seem to see each other's messages -- I guess I'm wondering... why? I noticed a BBM app update came out late June for my KeyONE which I have not yet applied. I wonder if updating to that will represent the kill switch?
    07-03-18 08:28 AM
    Channels still show up for me on BB10, but they are not updated. The search function no longer works.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-18 08:49 PM
    all of my groups that I previously created through bbm enterprise and include both BB10 and Android devices, still work fine so far.
    07-04-18 03:21 AM
    Comments don't load for me (says error). If I try to look at subscriber info it also now shows an error (although that hasn't reliability worked for me for a long time now, so the quick error message now is actually refreshing). I haven't noticed yet if I am not receiving updated channel posts (most of the channels left don't regularly update anymore).

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-04-18 04:28 AM