Hello my fellow BBM users. I use BBM on IOS and I am glad BlackBerry spread the love of an awesome application. I was gonna ask to the rest of the community though, what are three features that you would love to see to come to BBM on IOS and Android? This can include features on BBM for BlackBerry 10. For me I would love to see these three features come to BBM;

1. Email Support: This would to me, greatly expand the general "business" and "productivity" feel that I get from using BBM on a daily basis. This would also possibly bring over one of my favorite features from the BlackBerry Hub, the Priority Hub. When I used my Q10 as a daily driver, It was an absolutely great way to prioritize the way my email was filtered. This when combined with "pinch" to filter messages, created an awesome email flow that I found to miss when I switched over to IOS.

2. Video Calling: This will most likely come in a future update. I found that it round out the experience of using BBM and make it more on par with the BB10 version. It was useful only a few times for me personally as the amount of people I had on BBM was only a few people. If though, this update was pushed to BBM on Android and IOS, it would greatly expand the amount of people who could use it and make it something far more valuable to me as a user.

3. Ability to open post links that appear in a BBM Channel link, within BBM: I found this to be my biggest gripe about using Channels. Whenever a channel I follow pushes a post with a link, it always forces me to open it in Safari. While this itself isn't really a huge deal, it is flow breaking. The need to constantly switch between apps and close unused Safari links when I am finished with them, really takes me out of the experience of viewing a channel's content. It's a minute gripe, but one I feel would really benefit the overall user experience in not just Channels, but for all of BBM.

What are some features you would like to see?
    Last edited by Ventus221; 04-30-14 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Editing
    04-30-14 04:42 AM
    +1 for video calling
    blee4 likes this.
    04-30-14 07:46 AM
    Anyothers
    05-02-14 03:30 AM
    As you probably know bb10 has video calls.

I can't think of why this was not added to the cross platform yet

Unless they don't want the android and ios versions to be "better" than the bbos version. Those aren't going to ever get video calls because they don't have front camera

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 07:53 PM
    Well you may as well just get a BlackBerry. They have to leave out some features to entice you!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 04:53 PM

Unless they don't want the android and ios versions to be "better" than the bbos version. Those aren't going to ever get video calls because they don't have front camera

Posted via CB10
    It is coming.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10.
    05-04-14 06:31 PM
    Well you may as well just get a BlackBerry. They have to leave out some features to entice you!

Posted via CB10
    If you read his whole post, he has a Q10. It is just not his daily driver anymore.

05-04-14 06:32 PM
    If you read his whole post, he has a Q10. It is just not his daily driver anymore.

Thank you for noticing. I do have one. It is my amazing back up phone. My iphone has app selections that I do need that my Q10 does not have/ support.

But back on track. What are features you would like to see added?
    05-05-14 12:23 AM
    Overhaul groups. Would like to see who has seen what messages...

Bring back BBM Music. Met some many cool people from that service alone.

And since they want bbm to be social, mayb allow BBM users to find other users to chat with. I would say mayb through BBM Channels but I'm sure not everyone wants to be added in such a way, so mayb they could come up with a dedicated "friend finder" section of BBM for those interested. Just a thought

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 12:37 PM
    Push to talk!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 12:51 PM
    Stickers in group chat.

Posted via my Q10
    05-05-14 12:53 PM
    - A desktop client
    - The ability to be signed on multiple devices with the same account and have your messages delivered to all devices "sync'd".
    - The ability to search BBM chat logs.

It should be a seamless transition between desktop and smartphones

Posted via my Q10
    Last edited by blee4; 05-05-14 at 07:02 PM.
    05-05-14 12:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can & I'm speculating that they are afraid that the data load of using video calls will be too much for their systems to handle at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 09:32 PM
    Sorry man I disagree. I own a Z10 and wouldn't give it up for any other phone but this notion that BlackBerry should leave thing out of iPhone and Android BBM to entice people to buy BlackBerry phone is just foolish. No one is going to give up there phone of preference just to get a more complete version of BBM! BlackBerry needs to give iPhone and Android users all the same features we have in bb10, period. It's good business. And while they are at it, they should plan to include the same features for Windows Phones once BBM is a available for that platform as well! That's just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    blee4 and Loc22 like this.
    05-06-14 09:55 AM
    Sorry man I disagree. I own a Z10 and wouldn't give it up for any other phone but this notion that BlackBerry should leave thing out of iPhone and Android BBM to entice people to buy BlackBerry phone is just foolish. No one is going to give up there phone of preference just to get a more complete version of BBM! BlackBerry needs to give iPhone and Android users all the same features we have in bb10, period. It's good business. And while they are at it, they should plan to include the same features for Windows Phones once BBM is a available for that platform as well! That's just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    blee4 likes this.
    05-06-14 10:30 AM
    I can & I'm speculating that they are afraid that the data load of using video calls will be too much for their systems to handle at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    You mean like actual "demand"? Are they in business or not?

Posted via my Q10
    05-06-14 11:50 AM
    I would like it if BBM would just deliver messages. I think they should really just focus on this basic issue. I'm starting to get tired of hung up messages and messages that never make it to the recipient.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    southlander likes this.
    05-07-14 01:04 AM
    I would like it if BBM would just deliver messages. I think they should really just focus on this basic issue. I'm starting to get tired of hung up messages and messages that never make it to the recipient.

Agree. The actual messaging needs to match the quality of using BBM on a BlackBerry. Then they can broaden it.
    05-07-14 01:10 AM
    So the email thing isnt something you guys think should be added for the sake of features?
    05-07-14 07:24 PM

I always thought BBM was always pretty reliable.

Posted via my Q10
    05-07-14 07:39 PM
    I always thought BBM was always pretty reliable.

Posted via my Q10
    I think what they actually mean is that they don't want to see the notification if a message is not delivered. Just say it is delivered first.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 01:50 PM
    Hmm how about for the BBm Shop to add different services you can buy?
    05-10-14 04:27 PM