I think it's some kind of bug. Also yeah I was invited to 2 today and immediately left.

The Gamer's Network - http://tgnsa.net
    08-14-14 02:08 PM
    this happened to me a several weeks ago. i was getting so mad. id be sleeping and hear my phone vibrating like crazy. contacted bbm support and they dont have a solution for blackberry devices. android and ios can uninstall and reinstall. i think im clear now though. its been a couple weeks since it last happened. just kept deleting the chats as quick as i could lol
    08-14-14 03:05 PM
    I'm in work today, my phone needs to be on, closely monitored types of meds, went out, phone died, had there been an accident I would have been seriously screwed.

only when I got back I remembered I could turn data off.

ridiculous.

GTA V C00120B4C Battlefield C00445C61 Random C0011A43E
    08-14-14 05:04 PM
    I'm in work today, my phone needs to be on, closely monitored types of meds, went out, phone died, had there been an accident I would have been seriously screwed.

only when I got back I remembered I could turn data off.

ridiculous.

Lol my phone was on airplane mode and it still received messages.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 05:07 AM
    This came from Vinay from the! Bbm Channel Promotion. He did a BBM Stress test much like Crackberry Kevin has done. If you were on his contact list you got invited to his massive chat. So many people were invited and joined that your BBM could not keep up with your command to leave the chat. I was told you can turn on airplane mode and then delete the chat. BlackBerry and BBM have NOT been hacked. No need for your usual Drama queen antics, Faz

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    08-15-14 07:31 PM
    nah man, airplane mode on and you'd have stopped receiving everything.

side note, this persons just a treat:
    [Offensive attachment removed]

Attached Thumbnails My BBM under attack-img_20140816_131853.png  
    08-16-14 07:21 AM
    08-16-14 11:07 AM
    This came from Vinay from the! Bbm Channel Promotion. He did a BBM Stress test much like Crackberry Kevin has done. If you were on his contact list you got invited to his massive chat. So many people were invited and joined that your BBM could not keep up with your command to leave the chat. I was told you can turn on airplane mode and then delete the chat. BlackBerry and BBM have NOT been hacked. No need for your usual Drama queen antics, Faz

Haha no need to attack me geoffsdad for discussing an obvious problem in BBM. I was dragged into it even though I never accepted the chat. This thing is not over yet as it keeps coming back daily. I had no idea how and why it happened other than it completely paralyzed my phone for a day. BlackBerry need to do something to fix it. Don't try to hide genuine issues under the rug.

ChannelX C000D3759 We promote channels
    08-16-14 02:59 PM

I don't know who you are but you are an ***** to compare the stress test with this fiasco. In that it was announced and everyone participated by their own will. In this I was not told or asked and it was an unauthorized chat. You are total clueless. We tried everything but it didn't go away. So if you don't know, keep your mouth shut.

ChannelX C000D3759 We promote channels
    08-16-14 03:30 PM
    OMG.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 03:38 PM
    Lol my phone was on airplane mode and it still received messages.

Posted via CB10
    It should be impossible to receive anything in airplane mode, all the radios should be shut down so there is no external communication. Check you didn't override it and turn one of the radios on.
    08-16-14 03:45 PM
    It should be impossible to receive anything in airplane mode, all the radios should be shut down so there is no external communication. Check you didn't override it and turn one of the radios on.
    I was in the airport, my plane just landed and I put the countrys local SIM in my phone and turn it on and Bam it just hit me, I immediately tried to leave the chat but that didn't help, turned it to airplane mode and I still kept getting messages! My guess it had a backlog of messages and it just kept coming until they finished even on airplane mode, apparently that backlog was saved on my phone somehow because there was no connectivity to network.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 10:54 PM
    maybe so much came through at that one time your phone lagged

I've struggled to access my channels because of it

08-17-14 03:19 AM
63 123