Can't log out. WTF!?

If you log in your account from another device all chats disappear. Then, when you go back to your device all chats disappear there too. Must be fixed! It already happened to me and its unacceptable!

On iOS at least, there's no landscape mode.

iOS, too much space is taken up by the keyboard and attachment bar thing and very little is left for actual messages.

iOS, there's no way to use attachments, etc. without the bar being there. There should be a little optins button that you can click and everything you can appears. We should have options and variety.

I don't use this as a complaint but we should have the OPTION to invite via phone number without it being what's app like that automatically let's us know if you're using what's app or automatically adding you.

What do you guys think?
    11-29-13 03:03 PM
    BBM isn't designed to be logged off. It's always on, and always connected.

If you want automatic adding and address book scraping, then go with whatsapp, or one of those. I personally do not see an issue with them implementing that/those features, but there had better be a way to opt out, or stop that from happening by default.

I can't really speak to the UI issues, as I don't have an iPhone and haven't really had the chance to play with it on that platform.
    Last edited by OniBerry; 11-29-13 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added 'by default'
    11-29-13 03:25 PM
    What devices? I have different bbid for each devices I own
    11-29-13 03:26 PM
    You should still be able to log out. There are a plethora of reasons why one would want to sign out.

I said I don't want nor like automatic adding. I want to have the option to add via phone number but BBM doesn't tell you that a contact uses BBM nor automatically adds the person. You still have to invite.
    11-29-13 03:28 PM
    I don't use this as a complaint but we should have the OPTION to invite via phone number without it being what's app like that automatically let's us know if you're using what's app or automatically adding you.
    Phone numbers should never be used. BBM invites work just great.
    11-29-13 03:35 PM
    You should still be able to log out. There are a plethora of reasons why one would want to sign out.

I said I don't want nor like automatic adding. I want to have the option to add via phone number but BBM doesn't tell you that a contact uses BBM nor automatically adds the person. You still have to invite.
    Ahhhh, you want to just add someone by phone#. I don't think you can do that. Just PIN or email I believe.

As for signing out, idk of any reasons to do so, but I sort of see where you are coming from.
    Last edited by OniBerry; 11-29-13 at 03:43 PM. Reason: I need to read more
    11-29-13 03:36 PM

I have never known why you would logout. I never felt the need to do that.

It could be different on iOS, but I always invite people by email and I think you can do it by text message too. There is also a list of suggested contacts on BBM for BB10.

As for logging out, I see what you're saying but I actually really like the "always on" aspect. I understand that some people use it on multiple devices, but personally I only have one phone, so I use it there (I've bridged to my playbook too, not all that often - but that doesn't logout/login).
    Can't log out. WTF!?

If you log in your account from another device all chats disappear. Then, when you go back to your device all chats disappear there too. Must be fixed! It already happened to me and its unacceptable!

On iOS at least, there's no landscape mode.

iOS, too much space is taken up by the keyboard and attachment bar thing and very little is left for actual messages.

iOS, there's no way to use attachments, etc. without the bar being there. There should be a little optins button that you can click and everything you can appears. We should have options and variety.

What do you guys think?
    I'll do my best, hopefully some of my answers help, but I think the folks above have already helped with most of them:

- I also cannot think of a reason why you would want/need to log out. Can you suggest why?

- agree, you should have landscape mode. Seems a basic item that should be on their updates roadmap.

- this seems to be a common gripe from iOS users and they all seem happy after they realize that you just tap the conversation area and the keyboard goes away. Does that help any?

- I reckon design consistency trumped changing this for the one platform. Maybe a bigger screen. Maybe they could give iPhone the Q10 format to match the little iPhone screen?

- you can invite via text message, email, NFC, pin. Just choose invite and text. Same, ya?

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    11-30-13 02:13 AM