From the title, that is what I want from BBM.

For now I use BBM for personal use and whatsapp for everyone lumped together. My BBM notifications are always on but when I don't want to be disturbed I turn whatsapps audible and vibration notification off. The messages come through but they don't bother me and they get checked if and when I choose to look.

This works for me for now but as I add work contacts to my BBM list I'd like to separate work and personal contacts and show a different status to different people on my BBM contacts list with similar settings for the notifications from those users and groups.

I'm far from a power user but I do have
    1: Family
    2: Friends
    3: Work contacts(3 separate groups from 3 separate business(small but growing))
    4: My phone is not linked to any form of BES type of management, it's just my Z10 and I against the world
    5: I did try searching the forums for the answer first, if it's there I didn't find it.

I have looked for these options in BBM on my Z10 and have not found them, if they are there they are well hidden or I'm blind.

If these settings are somewhere please could someone tell me where to look/post a link. If these settings do not currently exist on BBM who should I mail and ask for these features in a future build.

Would anyone else want similar contact management in BBM?

TIA

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 10:25 AM
    You can create multiple contact groups with the current BBM setup but you cannot (currently) set different status messages for each of those groups.

It's worth mentioning that there was a Beta Zone survey a while back that touched on your second point - so it's something they've either thought about (and dismissed) or something they're still evaluating.
    ryanza likes this.
    07-08-14 11:23 AM
    If these settings do not currently exist on BBM who should I mail and ask for these features in a future build.
    This is the best place to post feature requests: https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    Some members have reported that their requests have shown up in OS updates or the 10.3 "previews" we've seen, so it's definitely worth a shot.
    ryanza likes this.
    07-08-14 11:45 AM
    This is the best place to post feature requests: https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    Some members have reported that their requests have shown up in OS updates or the 10.3 "previews" we've seen, so it's definitely worth a shot.
    You could also join the BlackBerry Beta Zone and make your suggestion there. You can log in / register (with your BBID credentials) at https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/
    ryanza likes this.
    07-08-14 12:10 PM