I updated my BBM to 10.3.12.75. Does that mean everyone I chat with needs to update their BB/ios/Android version as well to receive messages?

I noticed my messages only showing a check mark since I updated.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 02:20 PM
    That's not you.

Waves: Message is being sent to the server.
    Check mark: Message was sent to the server.
    D: Message was delivered from the server to the recipient.
    R: Message was read by the recipient.
    Red X: Message failed to send.

Issue is either on the recipient (phone is off or data-less) or in the server.
    04-03-14 02:46 PM
    Recipient phones are on and have data so sounds like BBM servers are acting up. It's been like that for almost 24hours for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 05:55 PM
    Feels like I'm the only one having issues with BBM delivering messages.

Where can I get a previous version of BBM?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 06:56 PM
    I will say this, sometimes iOS and Android users have to close the app completely and then go back into it to start receiving messages. Most annoying.

This is another reason why I prefer to simply converse via BBM with BlackBerry users and text with non-BBM.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 07:05 PM
    So much for cross platform messaging..

BBM Is doomed if this kind of thing keeps up. Might as well go right back to What's App and forget this BBM existed.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 07:10 PM
    The problem seems to be that if BBM is not opened by the user in some time, the OS turns it off. I noticed that push on other platforms other than bbm isn't that great. I have never had issues messaging BlackBerry users using BBM whereas some iPhone users just get a check mark. Pisses me off.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 10:04 PM
    The problem seems to be that if BBM is not opened by the user in some time, the OS turns it off. I noticed that push on other platforms other than bbm isn't that great. I have never had issues messaging BlackBerry users using BBM whereas some iPhone users just get a check mark. Pisses me off.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto!
    04-03-14 10:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thus is not the same issue as the notification problem.

Over the past week BBM has actually been down for many users trying to send BBM messages from iOS devices. They just never get delivered.

Just one more FAILURE on the part of BlackBerry. How they can continue to shoot themselves in the foot is beyond me... but their ride is almost over due to constantly failed implementation.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    04-03-14 10:24 PM
    I updated my BBM to 10.3.12.75. Does that mean everyone I chat with needs to update their BB/ios/Android version as well to receive messages?

I noticed my messages only showing a check mark since I updated.

Posted via CB10
    On Blackberry devices BBM is always open , this is how the operating system works. When somebody sends a BBM to a BlackBerry they will get instantly the blue D because the BBM on that BlackBerry will sent back a delivery confirmation.
    When the recipient is a IPhone or Android and the BBM is not on they will still receive the message but because BBM is not on it will not send back the delivery confirmation so the sender will be left just with the gray checkmark.
    Why the BBM is getting turned off is because the IOS and Android systems after a period of time if you are not using a app or are to many apps open is just turnings apps off to free memory and save battery . Is nothing what BlackBerry can do. Even WhatsApp is turned off . When you send a WhatsApp message and you get just one tick that means the app is not sending the delivery confirmation. Second tick is the delivery confirmation for them. I read somewhere that on Android you can set BBM as a active icon or something like that and that will keep the BBM open but for IOS all you can do is go to Settings>Notifications>BBM and set alerts to banners, and everything else ON and that will help the Iphone owner to be notified he or she got a BBM but the sender will not get the "D" until the IPhone owner opens the BBM app.

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    04-03-14 10:45 PM
    On Blackberry devices BBM is always open , this is how the operating system works. When somebody sends a BBM to a BlackBerry they will get instantly the blue D because the BBM on that BlackBerry will sent back a delivery confirmation.
    When the recipient is a IPhone or Android and the BBM is not on they will still receive the message but because BBM is not on it will not send back the delivery confirmation so the sender will be left just with the gray checkmark.
    Why the BBM is getting turned off is because the IOS and Android systems after a period of time if you are not using a app or are to many apps open is just turnings apps off to free memory and save battery . Is nothing what BlackBerry can do. Even WhatsApp is turned off . When you send a WhatsApp message and you get just one tick that means the app is not sending the delivery confirmation. Second tick is the delivery confirmation for them. I read somewhere that on Android you can set BBM as a active icon or something like that and that will keep the BBM open but for IOS all you can do is go to Settings>Notifications>BBM and set alerts to banners, and everything else ON and that will help the Iphone owner to be notified he or she got a BBM but the sender will not get the "D" until the IPhone owner opens the BBM app.

As stated... there is more than this notification issue going on here.

BBM has been flat out down for many iOS users trying to send messages over the past week.

My iOS contacts have failed in sending messages to my Z10 many times over the past week.

This is OBVIOUSLY a different problem.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    04-03-14 10:48 PM
    As stated... there is more than this notification issue going on here.

BBM has been flat out down for many iOS users trying to send messages over the past week.

My iOS contacts have failed in sending messages to my Z10 many times over the past week.

This is OBVIOUSLY a different problem.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    I was lucky sending messages to my wife's iphone but yes, I read about people having problems receiving or even sending messages I really hope they will fix that soon. But about the "D" and "R" I don't think they will be able to do anything for IOS because is the way the IOS system works.

04-03-14 10:55 PM
    I realized what the problem was, at least for me. My contacts with iPhones who had BBM updated automatically by iTunes on their last sync caused BBM to ask for acceptance of new license terms. Until the terms were accepted for the new stickers their BBM would not receive any messages so people unless they opened up BBM they had no idea that they were missing messages.

How does that make any sense?

:/

BlackBerry sure seems to love shooting themselves in the foot with their software releases.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 02:09 AM
    I realized what the problem was, at least for me. My contacts with iPhones who had BBM updated automatically by iTunes on their last sync caused BBM to ask for acceptance of new license terms. Until the terms were accepted for the new stickers their BBM would not receive any messages so people unless they opened up BBM they had no idea that they were missing messages.

How does that make any sense?

:/

BlackBerry sure seems to love shooting themselves in the foot with their software releases.

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad the issue is solved. Now it can be the BlackBerry fault but maybe not. Maybe the IOS should had a window popping on the screen informing a app was updated and they have to accept the terms. Not sure who's fault it is but let's not just jump to the conclusion that is BlackBerry's fault right away

04-05-14 06:55 AM
    After the latest update... ironically adding whiz bang features that none of us asked for in the first place... XBBM is right back to its old antics of no notifications on iOS unless the receiver has their BBM application open.

Thanks BlackBerry... fail again!!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 06:16 PM