Aren't they just themed emoticons, small pics of cartoonish stuff? People actually pay for these so they can send annoying cartoon icons to someone over bbm? I get annoyed when people over the age of 16 say things like lol and omg in messages.

Wouldn't BlackBerry rather put those dollars in designing more/better products? Or, here's a stretch, actually advertise something? Nah, let's waste money designing stickers (which even calling them stickers is really annoying) just like my kids come home with on their school tests.

Go ahead and flame away. Or, just post a stupid frowny face emoticon.
    04-24-14 10:29 PM
    I think you're missing something.

Blackberry isn't designing these. They are letting other people design them so BlackBerry can sell them and take a share of the profits. I think it's a good idea, even if I won't be buying or using any.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-24-14 10:37 PM
    Somebody said, "So how are you thinking you can monetize BBM?"
    And they said, "Here, watch this:"
    And out came BBM stickers.
    Azensun and BlackBerry Guy like this.
    04-24-14 10:41 PM
    I think you're missing something.

Blackberry isn't designing these. They are letting other people design them so BlackBerry can sell them and take a share of the profits. I think it's a good idea, even if I won't be buying or using any.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, then I was missing that completely. I stand corrected! I still think they are stoooopid but then I don't have to buy them if I don't want. Have at it then, teenies!
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-24-14 10:46 PM
    My supervisor at work, workaholic, and who usually doesn't fool around much, was the first one to send me a BBM sticker the next day it was released.
    -facepalm-
    So much for professionalism.
    lol

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    04-24-14 10:54 PM
    My supervisor at work, workaholic, and who usually doesn't fool around much, was the first one to send me a BBM sticker the next day it was released.
    -facepalm-
    So much for professionalism.
    lol

Posted via CB10
    That's pretty funny!
    04-24-14 11:03 PM
    Maybe I'm off base on this but I think if BlackBerry made this a free feature it would draw more people to BBM. Make BBM as diverse and accesible as possible. As cool as possible. I know BlackBerry needs the money but this app on all the other platforms could draw people to buy devices.

Bet a lot of artists would put out sticker packs just for the exposure/advertising.

BlackBerry needs it's professionals and I understand the OPs point as well as other comments. But for BlackBerry to come through this it needs the common folk and teenagers etc to dig it too. I say make the stickers free and promote all of BBMs features and see it as an investment for the future.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    04-24-14 11:04 PM
    The Western market doesn't use stickers like it is used in the Asian market. Line and Viber make tons of cash in the sticker market and with BBM still having a strong foothold in that market, it's good that they have taken that path to compete with the others. Might even be one of the first times in a while that they took a decision on time

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-24-14 11:04 PM
    The Western market doesn't use stickers like it is used in the Asian market. Line and Viber make tons of cash in the sticker market and with BBM still having a strong foothold in that market, it's good that they have taken that path to compete with the others. Might even be one of the first times in a while that they took a decision on time

Posted via CB10
    I never used those and didn't know that stickers were so popular and such a cash machine. Still I'm wondering if BlackBerry made them free if it would lure that crowd this way? Or maybe people don't mind paying. It seems like it should be free to me but what do I know.

eldricho likes this.
    04-25-14 12:37 AM
    Bet a lot of artists would put out sticker packs just for the exposure/advertising.
    It would be cool if you worked for free, for the exposure.

Why do some people always think exposure will pay the bills?
    04-25-14 12:43 AM
    It would be cool if you worked for free, for the exposure.

Why do some people always think exposure will pay the bills?
    Dude I have no idea man. It was just an idea - I was thinking exposure would lead to discovery and future paying jobs. I admit I don't know about these things but you don't have to be mean about it.

04-25-14 12:51 AM
    Lookup wechat...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-25-14 01:05 AM
    The thing is Line, Kakaotalk, and other Asian chat clients offer so many free stickers to get people addicted
    BBM has 1 free package. You aren't going to get people excited about stickers if people aren't excited about the 1 free pack they offer
    For good advertisement and to get things rolling, they need to put out a few more free ones.
    For Line, they give out free stickers sponsored by different banks, 7-11, familymart, etc
    04-25-14 01:49 AM
    So, now I'm kind of wishing I had just one BBM contact so I could go buy a sticker pack! I want in!
    04-25-14 03:23 PM