I have an iphone 5S my friend has a Blackberry 9320 - she has upgraded with the latest software available for her handset and I have installed the BBM app - we are able to chat via the BBM app but not make calls at all - whenever I try calling from my iphone it says she's unavailable, yet I can call someone who has the BBM app on their iphone, is there a problem calling from iphone to blackberry?
    04-19-14 12:49 AM
    I've called people on iPhones before and it works wonders from my Q10, possibly there could be some issues when voice calling someone with a legacy BlackBerry since they're such ancient devices although it doesn't seem likely, I might be wrong.

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    04-19-14 12:57 AM
    I've called people on iPhones before and it works wonders from my Q10, possibly there could be some issues when voice calling someone with a legacy BlackBerry since they're such ancient devices although it doesn't seem likely, I might be wrong.

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    I think it seems QUITE likely, doesn't it?

Anyway,...the cross-platform BBM deal is so bug-ridden everybody I know NOT on BlackBerry (and that's just about everybody) had moved on from BBM.

Have BlackBerry ever spoken about actual, discreet, individual, daily users of BBM on iOS or Android?
    04-19-14 01:10 AM
    Is there a fix for this?
    04-20-14 05:14 AM
    Have they tried calling you? What happens then?
    Are you certain that they have the voice icon showing for you on their end? That's when the unavailable notification usually pops up and if some one has a poor connection on their end.
    Also are you only using wifi or is the mobile network option enabled as well?
    Have you tried to delete and re-add each other?

I use voice and video to android and iPhone all the time always works perfectly

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    04-20-14 05:56 AM
    Do they have their phone set to wifi or "allow bbm calls over mobile newtworks"? If its not set to over mobile networks, then the only time you will be able to call is when the other phone is connected to wifi.
    04-20-14 06:10 AM
    I have for almost 3 weeks now a similar problem - impossible to have a voice bbm call from my Q10 to android phones; yet it works fine when androids call me?...I tried turning data and wifi on/off so that voice call goes through either, no luck.

It seems either a software or server issue (maybe in preparation for BBMx video? Wishful thinking! )

CB10 + my Q2^3+2
    04-20-14 06:25 AM
    Well, I've called from my BBM to an android BBM and it works like wonders. Android voice calling works better than BlackBerry's because androids BBM is snappier for whatever reason.
    Also, BBM is too data driven, meaning it needs a very stable connection. If your friend doesn't have a good connection, forget about calling him/her

From my White Z30
    04-20-14 06:25 AM
    I just called my Z30 from my work-issued iPhone 5 and it works like a charm...

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 05:23 PM
    I have tried all of the above and still not having much luck could the problem possibly be that they are using the BBM software and i only have the BBM app, this is becoming very frustrating!!! is it possible this is only available on models Q & Z
    Last edited by Merle O; 04-22-14 at 09:31 AM.
    04-22-14 05:23 AM
    I have tried all of the above and still not having much luck could the problem possibly be that they are using the BBM software and i only have the BBM app, this is becoming very frustrating!!! is it possible this is only available on models Q & Z
    No. What are you even talking about?
    You never answered any of my questions

04-23-14 01:20 AM
    Have they tried calling you? What happens then?
    Are you certain that they have the voice icon showing for you on their end? That's when the unavailable notification usually pops up and if some one has a poor connection on their end.
    Also are you only using wifi or is the mobile network option enabled as well?
    Have you tried to delete and re-add each other?

I use voice and video to android and iPhone all the time always works perfectly

They have tried calling me, we have both tried 3G to 3G / Wifi to Wifi, tried deleting each other and readding, nothing seems to be working I have also tried calling other BB's in the same country and having the same problem, could this possibly be regional?

Country I'm trying to call is South Africa and I'm in Australia.

I have also noticed that everyone who has posted on this thread have either Q or Z models - All calls I'm trying to make are to 9000+ models.
    04-23-14 10:37 PM
    They have tried calling me, we have both tried 3G to 3G / Wifi to Wifi, tried deleting each other and readding, nothing seems to be working I have also tried calling other BB's in the same country and having the same problem, could this possibly be regional?

Country I'm trying to call is South Africa and I'm in Australia.

I have also noticed that everyone who has posted on this thread have either Q or Z models - All calls I'm trying to make are to 9000+ models.
    Well I'm in South Africa so all is well and good here.
    So you don't actually seem to be able to call anyone then or only BlackBerry?
    Has anyone been able to call you or only from an iPhone?

04-24-14 04:37 PM
    Well I'm in South Africa so all is well and good here.
    So you don't actually seem to be able to call anyone then or only BlackBerry?
    Has anyone been able to call you or only from an iPhone?

No I can't call anyone - they've also tried to call me - no luck
    I can however make and receive calls via BBM - iphone to iphone. (but not iphone to BB or BB to iphone)
    04-26-14 12:24 AM
    No I can't call anyone - they've also tried to call me - no luck
    I can however make and receive calls via BBM - iphone to iphone. (but not iphone to BB or BB to iphone)
    And you've made sure your push notifications are set to on?
    Have you tried a hard reboot of your iPhone?

04-28-14 02:06 AM
    I have a Q10, been trying 2 friends with SIII and SIV mini and their phones don't shown any sign when I call them. When they call my Q10, no problem whatsover...frustrating as hell. we tried all possible subtraction, addition, division and multiplication possible...

CB10 + my Q(3!+4)
    04-28-14 02:35 PM
    I have a Q10, been trying 2 friends with SIII and SIV mini and their phones don't shown any sign when I call them. When they call my Q10, no problem whatsover...frustrating as hell. we tried all possible subtraction, addition, division and multiplication possible...

CB10 + my Q(3!+4)
    Try getting them to download an app called VMobile, I've downloaded it on my Iphone 5S and they've downloaded it to their BB9320, I've tried it and it works - sound quality isn't great but it works.
    04-28-14 08:03 PM
    And you've made sure your push notifications are set to on?
    Have you tried a hard reboot of your iPhone?

We've both tried the whole reboot thing, still nothing.
    04-28-14 08:05 PM