Glimpse;
    Tried mine out for the first time today. I had to make a few stops around town, then pick up my 11 year old son. He kept phoning every 5 minutes and I was busy, so I told him to grab his ipod and we could use glimpse. I started it with an hour. I went to a Rogers store, Best Buy, over to West Edmonton Mall underground parking, then to pick him up.

He thought it was so cool to watch. He said he seen me at every place I went, stop at lights, and park. Ha. He said when I came out of the mall and back into the covered parking it stopped for a couple minutes. As soon as I drove out he watched me driving and was ready when I got there.

It is such a great tool for these situations. I have my whole family using it, 9 of us.

My son lives part time with his mom, so we use BBM to communicate, we used to email back and forth but it was way too slow. Last night I made a group for our trip we are making to Toronto tomorrow. I made a list of the stuff he needed to grab. As he was over there getting things together I could see him checking of items until he was finished. No wondering if he found stuff, easy peasy. I added a couple more things and he instantly saw it.
    I added our flight info in events along with where and when we land. My family all has BBM so they don't have to call to find out where to pick us up. I will say that when looking for someone in a large airport it helps narrow down the search too.

I love where they are going with this. I have family all over Canada from BC to New Brunswick and we can all call, message, send pictures all for free. I used to hate having to try and keep everyone updated with recent pictures all the time. Emailing updated kids pictures to a dozen different people is a pain!

I now created a family group. My family now just adds pictures whenever they want, and we all have access. The kids like sending voice memos to each other as well. We can all get on and interact whenever we want.

That's all I can remember for now, there is more but I thought I would share my experiences with BBM

Cheers...

Posted via CB10
    zocster, Verbal72, chgaida and 4 others like this.
    03-28-14 12:46 AM
    Nice to see you with such a great experience! I found BBM about 5 years ago and was hooked also. We use it for pretty much the same thing. We have 3 Z10's. I also have discovered BBM Channels and have started one called "Mini Cooper Gearheads". I have pictures posted of my Mini and others. The kids love 'em. If you don't yet have BBM Channels just download it from Blackberry World.
    03-28-14 02:20 AM
    what program did you use to make the interactive list, that you could see being checked off?
    Love the fact that your family all uses BBM. I am slowly trying to get mine to use it. Just got my 65+ year old parents on BBM and they talk to me and the wife using it. Now to get all my family back in Nova Scotia and the wife's family to use it in Brantford.
    One BBM comes out with Video for iOS and Android I think our families will be more open to try it. As everyone was on iOS and used Facetime so the kids could chat.
    03-28-14 07:48 AM
    Built in to BBM groups. There's lots there that many don't know about.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:36 AM
    what program did you use to make the interactive list, that you could see being checked off?
    Love the fact that your family all uses BBM. I am slowly trying to get mine to use it. Just got my 65+ year old parents on BBM and they talk to me and the wife using it. Now to get all my family back in Nova Scotia and the wife's family to use it in Brantford.
    One BBM comes out with Video for iOS and Android I think our families will be more open to try it. As everyone was on iOS and used Facetime so the kids could chat.
    Start a group and add at least one person. When you open the group there will be four squares. Open the list one. Start a list with a name for it, then start adding stuff to the list. My son was sitting beside me checking things off to try it and it is instant, pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 10:29 AM