Our company is looking for chat solution that is encrypted and stored in Canada. I know e-bbm or bbm protected might meet the requirements but I understand it requires BB10 devices. I wish BB had offered for all BBM clients including ios and anroid so we could make a use of it. Can anyone double confirm this. I sent message to BB but have not heard back. Also it would be nice to use same BBM client on enterprise desktops.
    Does anyone know any other solution ?
    07-21-14 02:28 PM
    I believe the reason it has to be on BES is that it creates a sandbox around the transmission on each device while requiring unique end to end keys for each submission.

Now that being said BES is device agnostic so maybe on future releases but the likely point is to provide BB10 solutions first to get enterprise users who want this feature onto BB hardware.
    07-21-14 07:42 PM
    I think it e bbm is coming to all devices. It just debuted for only BB10 at first

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 07:47 PM
    And if the fact that your security requirements are high enough to need e bbm and you have people on android and iOS your IT people need to give their head a shake.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 07:49 PM
    Unfortunately Our IT mobile group and executives are isheeps and do not care about security. Few of us left on BlackBerry and I am trying to push BBM if it works

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 12:24 AM