After some research I discovered that Line is no longer supported for BB OS as of 2017.

However, I wonder if there is an Android app that works, similar to WhatsApp. While I am not a fan of either of WhatsApp, or Line it would seem due to the need for a mobile number and the resulting tidal wave of spam, I am in Japan for a restructuring and much of the team uses Line.....

Thank you for any thoughts or guidance.
    01-20-20 06:36 PM
    After some research I discovered that Line is no longer supported for BB OS as of 2017.

However, I wonder if there is an Android app that works, similar to WhatsApp. While I am not a fan of either of WhatsApp, or Line it would seem due to the need for a mobile number and the resulting tidal wave of spam, I am in Japan for a restructuring and much of the team uses Line.....

Here's the last one that is technically compatible with the BB10 Runtime:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/line-c...-apk-download/

Give it a try.
    01-20-20 06:59 PM

Switch to BBMe. It is awesome, best IM app available
    01-21-20 03:13 PM
    Switch to BBMe. It is awesome, best IM app available
    The problem is switching the hundreds or thousands of people around you.

Line is used by 200 million people instead of roughly 300k for BBMe.
    John Albert likes this.
    01-21-20 03:16 PM
    The problem is switching the hundreds or thousands of people around you.

Line is used by 200 million people instead of roughly 300k for BBMe.
    Your info is, like always, proven to be very wrong. So I won't even bother to answer to you anymore
    01-21-20 03:26 PM
    Your info is, like always, proven to be very wrong. So I won't even bother to answer to you anymore
    What info?

The statistics are available for Line, but anything below 100 million requires other analysis as it doesn't meet the threshold for the big data collectors.

Using industry accepted churn rates on communication apps, we expect roughly 25% of the 1.3 million BBMe downloaders to be regular users. 25% of 1.3 million is 325k.

What alternative evidence do you have, and how do you back it up?
    Last edited by conite; 01-22-20 at 12:20 AM.
    John Albert and Mecca EL like this.
    01-21-20 03:27 PM
    Here's the last one that is technically compatible with the BB10 Runtime:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/line-c...-apk-download/

Give it a try.
    Good morning from Tokyo. Thank you very much for your assistance. Will download and see what happens.

Japan is interesting in that it seems Line is the preferred among the Japanese for instant communication, WhatsApp might be a bit more popular when non-japanese people/groups hold sway.

Fingers crossed.
    01-21-20 08:39 PM
    Good morning from Tokyo. Thank you very much for your assistance. Will download and see what happens.

Japan is interesting in that it seems Line is the preferred among the Japanese for instant communication, WhatsApp might be a bit more popular when non-japanese people/groups hold sway.

Fingers crossed.
    Line and the more popular Viber are both owned by Japanese interests.

Outside of China, they are the most used after the big two (WhatsApp and Messenger).
    Last edited by conite; 01-22-20 at 05:09 PM.
    01-21-20 09:34 PM

Fingers crossed.
    Is BBMe available for use in China?
    01-22-20 04:56 PM
    He's from Japan.

For BBMe, you'll need a working VPN to log in. But even that can be problematic.

Most people in China just use the Chinese IMs like QQ and WeChat.
    Last edited by conite; 01-22-20 at 05:39 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-22-20 05:10 PM
    Some people need to understand that the purpose of an Instant Messaging app is to chat with other people. No matter how great that app is, it would have a zero value if there are no available users.

Users = Friends and family members, and not some random imaginary crackberry accounts.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-22-20 05:18 PM
    I’m sure you realize two completely different countries. However, I’m sure your enthusiasm is appreciated. I get mistaken for the baseball player constantly...
    01-22-20 05:25 PM
    Some people need to understand that the purpose of an Instant Messaging app is to chat with other people. No matter how great that app is, it would have a zero value if there are no available users.

Users = Friends and family members, and not some random imaginary crackberry accounts.
    i guess you count yourself in that 'some people' ?
    Since I for example have all my friends, family and coworkers on BBMe
    01-22-20 06:13 PM
    He's from Japan.

For BBMe, you'll need a working VPN to log in. But even that can be problematic.

Ye I meant Japan.
    Good info btw
    01-22-20 06:14 PM
    Ye I meant Japan.
    Good info btw
    No issue with any messenger apps in Japan though.
    01-22-20 06:15 PM
    They have no choice, lol.
    01-22-20 06:31 PM
    As an update, it seems to work. The app installed and I was able to register within the program and start a chat. However, I am not happy that wants access to so many things. I understand the camera, etc. Will have to consider if I actually use or delete.

Again, thank you for all your assistance.
    01-25-20 03:47 PM
    Try Line Lite instead. It runs pretty smooth on my passport and it has all core functions of Line.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-20 05:09 PM
    Try Line Lite instead. It runs pretty smooth on my passport and it has all core functions of Line.

Posted via CB10
    Line lite works great on my Classic, but i cannot make or receive phone or video calls. Do you know how to fix this?
    03-06-20 11:47 AM
    Line lite works great on my Classic, but i cannot make or receive phone or video calls. Do you know how to fix this?
    No fix. Voice is spotty, video is impossible.
    03-06-20 02:32 PM