I think BlackBerry's BBM has a lot to gain from receiving feedback from us here on crackberry.

Shall we give them some pressure?

Install BlackBerry beta zone from BlackBerry world found here:

BlackBerry Beta Zone - BlackBerry World

Open the app and hit the "more" icon at bottom right (its the 3 vertical dots)

Hit "submit feedback"

Fill in as such:

Feedback type: Other

What is your feed back about?: BlackBerry beta zone

Description: Please add BBM as an open beta. We the BBM community would like to do our part in contributing what maybe valuable feedback to the development and growth to BBM.

And then Hit submit!

Hope this works I have a long list of complaints!

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    05-14-14 04:11 AM
    If it was public, it wouldn't be beta anymore. I think you are missing the main purpose of having a beta.
    05-14-14 04:40 AM
    If it was public, it wouldn't be beta anymore. I think you are missing the main purpose of having a beta.
    You mean how whatsapp in beta zone available to everyone its not a beta? Mock it and various other apps in beta zone is not a beta?

05-14-14 04:57 AM
    Looks like you don't even know what's beta!

Posted via CB10
    The Big Picture likes this.
    05-14-14 06:59 AM
    You mean how whatsapp in beta zone available to everyone its not a beta? Mock it and various other apps in beta zone is not a beta?

Perhaps you need to be clearer about what you are saying. You want BBM to be added to the beta offerings for EVERYONE, not just to a limited amount of people who were accepted as testers. The description in your body is clearer.

I was confused because BBM is already available for BETA testing. I would have understood the first time if the topic was something like "Lets convince BlackBerry to open BBM beta to everyone" instead of releasing the BBM in beta to the public (as if it was just another release, just sooner than later).

I guess I won't speak further on this as its available to me, so I can't say why you cannot. But if they already have enough quality testers (they have been doing beta testing for longer than the other apps in the program), they don't need to open it up further.
    05-14-14 12:52 PM
    Keep it closed. There's a plethora of ignorant folks in this community that just get on beta programs because they see it as an update, and then publicly complain about bugs and the likes, instead of providing actual feedback.
    m1kr0 likes this.
    05-14-14 12:55 PM
    Perhaps you need to be clearer about what you are saying. You want BBM to be added to the beta offerings for EVERYONE, not just to a limited amount of people who were accepted as testers. The description in your body is clearer.

I was confused because BBM is already available for BETA testing. I would have understood the first time if the topic was something like "Lets convince BlackBerry to open BBM beta to everyone" instead of releasing the BBM in beta to the public (as if it was just another release, just sooner than later).

I guess I won't speak further on this as its available to me, so I can't say why you cannot. But if they already have enough quality testers (they have been doing beta testing for longer than the other apps in the program), they don't need to open it up further.
    The actual term is closed beta or open/public beta. Never mind with the technicalities. All this pettiness is frustratingly annoying. If my title wasn't clear then I hope admin changes it.

Quality testers? BBM ain't doing too great so far I think they need more feedback than the existing testers are giving out. It's still very lacking and pales in comparison to the competition.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 02:07 PM
    Keep it closed. There's a plethora of ignorant folks in this community that just get on beta programs because they see it as an update, and then publicly complain about bugs and the likes, instead of providing actual feedback.
    I get what you mean. I just hope the existing beta testers are giving the right feedback.

BBM is still inferior compared to much of the competition and still lacks very basic features.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 02:09 PM
    http://www.techinasia.com/tencent-q1...(Tech+in+Asia)

Someone should mention BBM gaming as an idea.

Again BBM is too slow.

Stickers and "channels" are also features line and we chat has had way before BBM did.

BB10 - call blocking please, BBM - too many to list
    05-17-14 06:48 AM
    http://www.techinasia.com/tencent-q1...(Tech+in+Asia)

Someone should mention BBM gaming as an idea.

Again BBM is too slow.

Stickers and "channels" are also features line and we chat has had way before BBM did.

BB10 - call blocking please, BBM - too many to list
    BBM games is really a great idea and I hope they start considering it, people could use BBM just to play head to head games

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 10:29 AM