I just noticed that there's an update available for BBM for BB10 in BlackBerry World. I seem to recall that the last update broke some functionality, but can't find the reference.

Is there any reason NOT to install the latest update for BBM on BB10?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-01-18 09:08 AM
    I just noticed that there's an update available for BBM for BB10 in BlackBerry World. I seem to recall that the last update broke some functionality, but can't find the reference.

I'm not seeing an update. I have version 10.16.7.2. No problems with it. What version are you seeing?
    03-01-18 09:15 AM

I don't see the update... what version of BBM are you on? I'm on 10.16.7.2

And, not sure if it was the last update that did it, but it's been rough for a while.

Group chat for sharing photos cross platform is pretty non-functional.

There are also some bugs that seem to happen when opening a new session. Screen starts scrolling itself from much prior messages in the chat history instead of just resuming at the most recent.

The stickers are also sometimes quite buggy now.

It's a hot mess, basically.

If there were a new update available, I'd go for it because, frankly, I'd be impressed if they managed to make it worse. I'd hope they maybe yet might fix a bug or two before 'the end' but I won't hold my breath.
    03-01-18 09:19 AM
    I'm not seeing an update. I have version 10.16.7.2. No problems with it. What version are you seeing?
    It looks like my current version is 10.14, and the update is 10.16.7.2.

I just want to be sure no features were removed or bugs identified.

03-01-18 09:23 AM
    I don't see the update... what version of BBM are you on? I'm on 10.16.7.2

And, not sure if it was the last update that did it, but it's been rough for a while.

Group chat for sharing photos cross platform is pretty non-functional.

There are also some bugs that seem to happen when opening a new session. Screen starts scrolling itself from much prior messages in the chat history instead of just resuming at the most recent.

The stickers are also sometimes quite buggy now.

It's a hot mess, basically.

If there were a new update available, I'd go for it because, frankly, I'd be impressed if they managed to make it worse. I'd hope they maybe yet might fix a bug or two before 'the end' but I won't hold my breath.
    I don't see any of those problems but then again I'm probably not using it nearly as much as you are. I'm only in one group and can't remember the last time I shared a photo even. I rarely use stickers but the last time I did everything was cool. I don't anticipate any update/fix at this point.
    03-01-18 09:24 AM
    The sticker picker and emoticon button has been borked for some time (perhaps over a year), and the group image issue is because of changes to the Android version not BlackBerry 10 (the reason why my groups have all moved to a different app).

I do not experience the scroll issue but there has always been scroll issues with blank screens on BBM for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-18 04:20 PM