Guys need help. My iPhone keep getting chat notifications even after exiting. As I've exited the group, I can't see anything other than notifications on any new chat keep on popping up and making chat sounds for each chat. How do I disable this ?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    11-08-13 05:54 PM
    happened to me too.. i deleted the app.. rebooted my iphone and reinstalled the app.. seems ok now
    11-08-13 06:27 PM
    Done that but unfortunately still getting notifications!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 10:47 PM
    Yeah it's a really annoying bug that has me contemplating deleting the app altogether.

The only way to keep my phone from sounding like a pinball machine and not have 2,000+ notifications an hour is to turn off ALL notifications for the app. This of course means I have no clue when I actually get a message from a contact.

Almost renders the app useless. I've defended RIM for many years but this is inexcusable. I used to love BBM but this huge flaw makes it absolute crap IMO.
    11-09-13 07:47 AM
    @ primacom
    some how you didn't leave the group completely. i'm sure the group is still showing you as a member. the whole deleting app and rebooting should work.. if it didn't my next guess would be to talk to the group admin and have you deleted. you're probably ghosting in the group

@jaji
    yeah.. it's a little buggy.. on bb10 phones you can control each group notification individually.. i don't know why they didn't do the same with ios.. not sure if they can do that in droid or not..
    11-09-13 09:12 AM
    Guys need help. My iPhone keep getting chat notifications even after exiting. As I've exited the group, I can't see anything other than notifications on any new chat keep on popping up and making chat sounds for each chat. How do I disable this ?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    I had the exact same issue, had to DFU restore my phone and set up as a new iPhone, you get a new pin but your contacts stay and the group alerts go away
    11-09-13 03:44 PM
    Have contacted the admin as recommended. Yes I'm still in the group and the admin will be removing me manually.

Thanks guys. But this is just bad of bbm to have such flaws. I'm a strong supporter of bbm but this is quite a turn off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-09-13 05:50 PM