I stumbled upon this today: a BBM Sticker contest for Latin America, more specifically Colombia. While the initiative is good, the prizes aren't (at least in my opinion).

As you may know, BlackBerry is the rightful owner of BBM and the organizer of these competitions. However, instead of offering their own home-grown product, they're giving out iPhones and Apple Watches.

I'd swear, but I can't, so i'll just leave it like this and just say: wow!

This is just sad (BBM Contest prizes)-untitled.jpg
    04-14-16 07:40 AM
    Some of the Blackberry's clowns decision again!!!

That would be a good 1st April joke!! But yet late delivery !!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 07:50 AM
    I can relate to how you feel, but they want to continue user growth on other platforms. That is a sound strategy. BBM can only survive for the next [x] years if people use it on iPhone and Android. However, they could have offered winners a choice, try a new BlackBerry or get a new iPhone. No one would have gotten a new BlackBerry, but at least you would mention those phones in the contest...
    Drg84 likes this.
    04-16-16 02:25 AM
    Why the iphone? Thats the one im having the hardest time understanding. Why not the Priv? Or the Passport or Classic? I dont think someone is going to go "awww crap I got a new phone for free and its not the piece of broken glass" Their going to go WOW Look At This New Phone I won! Look at all the things it can do! What a missed opportunity
    04-16-16 10:46 PM
    Why the iphone? Thats the one im having the hardest time understanding. Why not the Priv? Or the Passport or Classic? I dont think someone is going to go "awww crap I got a new phone for free and its not the piece of broken glass" Their going to go WOW Look At This New Phone I won! Look at all the things it can do! What a missed opportunity
    Yeah, at least offer the PRIV too! Definitely agree with that. Although of course I would rather see the Passport
    04-17-16 06:31 AM