At first, I thought BBM Meetings was getting off to a rough start. People signing up for trials weren't getting them right away, and it didn't seem like anyone could get in. Now that more reports are coming in and people are sharing their experiences, it seems like this is working in our favor!

I think Chen is doing a great job here. Like BBM when it launched, there was some interest, then died down. Then things like Channels, cross platform support, Stickers, etc get added to not much fanfare. Instead of stopping there, message retraction and timed messages are added to bring much needed features into a service that seems to improve with each update.

Channels comments have become much more reliable in the last update. Before, comments would fail loading 90% of the time, now it is hardly any of the time for me. Meetings looks like it is ramping up, and the early trial access was given to members of the press and people who would give it that extra exposure. I'm looking forward to when they open up the floodgates for Meetings trial access and get more people on the service. It already looks like a good business case, and I could see it being a fun way for families to keep in touch too.

Chen appears to be doing it right. Keep on saying BlackBerry is dead, people!

Is John Chen a genius?-bbdeath.png
    Article:
    Media and Users Agree, BBM Meetings Offers Better Value for Businesses | Inside BlackBerry
    12-12-14 11:28 AM
    When you can find people talking about BBM, Channels and BBM Meetings, outside of a corporate site or a fan site... Then you might be able to consider it a success. Of course, not sure how much Chen had to do with anything in relation to these features of BBM as many were release or talked about before he took over.

Not saying he hasn't GREATLY improved BlackBerry financial situation and investor confidence.
    12-12-14 12:27 PM
    he's leading the company in a more positive direction better then where they were before with OS 10 released the company is doing fairly good
    12-13-14 10:30 PM