I knew it was coming, I've saved all my important conversation but still can't believe it's gone! As we were told, can't even open the app now, takes you to sign up slash screen as if it was new.

I'll sign up for BBMe but almost none of my contacts are following.

It's just an app but still sad to see it go.
    Attached Thumbnails IT'S OVER! (BBMc)-43529.jpg  
    05-31-19 11:20 AM
    A very sad day indeed. only one contact is keeping BBM. Without Channels my use is finished.
    nothingworks likes this.
    05-31-19 01:48 PM
    How to save my chat history? Tried to do that today but the app won't let me see them, instead I get a new signup screen. Thanks for help.
    06-03-19 01:08 AM
    How to save my chat history? Tried to do that today but the app won't let me see them, instead I get a new signup screen. Thanks for help.
    They're gone for good, if you didn't otherwise save them. They picked up their toys, stuck out their tongues, went home, and locked the doors.
    cyberdoggie and John Albert like this.
    06-03-19 03:33 AM
    They're gone for good, if you didn't otherwise save them. They picked up their toys, stuck out their tongues, went home, and locked the doors.
    Shoot... And how to assure they do not retain and delete any personal data?
    06-03-19 03:51 AM
    Fresh wipe on my BB10 Passport and i cannot even connect as i get a "temporary server issue" message. I AM connected to the bb betwork.
    06-03-19 05:32 AM
    Shoot... And how to assure they do not retain and delete any personal data?
    They said all will be deleted, if you believe them.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    06-03-19 06:08 AM
    Fresh wipe on my BB10 Passport and i cannot even connect as i get a "temporary server issue" message. I AM connected to the bb betwork.
    Are you using the BBMc or BBMe app for BB10?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-19 06:27 AM
    Are you talking regular BBM or BBMe? Regular BBM on BB10 devices still works. I just tried last night using my Z10 and Leap. Both still worked messaging each other, and to my Motion and iphone using BBMe.
    06-03-19 01:27 PM
    I have tried both. BBMc will not get to the configuration screen whilst BBMe downgrades me back to BBMc. Obviously i couldn't switch to Bbme from BBMc as i couldn't innitialize it to begin with.
    06-03-19 01:32 PM
    Bought the passport a few days ago. I now believe the issue is me trying to associate a new bbid and the server doesn't allow new registrations. It looks that my problem is singular on this forum.
    06-03-19 01:44 PM
    just switch to BBMe , it makes BBM look like joke, BBMe is SUPERIOR in every single way!!!
    phenomenal app!
    06-03-19 04:13 PM
    Have not deleted Android consumer BBM off my phone yet, then I noticed this?

BBM Connected

Maybe I just don't understand how the infrastructure works but how can it be connected? Why would they keep the servers running if not needed? Ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails IT'S OVER! (BBMc)-45751.jpg  
    07-24-19 11:45 PM
    Have not deleted Android consumer BBM off my phone yet, then I noticed this?

BBM Connected

Maybe I just don't understand how the infrastructure works but how can it be connected? Why would they keep the servers running if not needed? Ideas?
    That doesn't mean it's connected to the servers. It only means that there is a running background service checking for notifications.
    nothingworks likes this.
    07-24-19 11:53 PM
    That doesn't mean it's connected to the servers. It only means that there is a running background service checking for notifications.
    Thanks for the info.
    07-25-19 12:43 AM
    I knew it was coming, I've saved all my important conversation but still can't believe it's gone! As we were told, can't even open the app now, takes you to sign up slash screen as if it was new.

I'll sign up for BBMe but almost none of my contacts are following.

It's just an app but still sad to see it go.
    Just move to BBMe, it takes some time and energy to 'convince' people to try BBMe and subscribe, but once they do it, they will be VERY Happy with it!
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    07-25-19 07:03 AM
    Just move to BBMe, it takes some time and energy to 'convince' people to try BBMe and subscribe, but once they do it, they will be VERY Happy with it!

Actually shocked how few have made the conversion over from BBMc... would have expected at least 5 Million
    07-25-19 08:40 AM
    Me too, but never underestimate people's inertia and comfort... Lots of them just won't bother, Aldo in this case are making a mistake, since it's freakin awesome! I'm very sad my people mainly don't use it, but in time... Who ever had a will to try, like it very much and mainly speaking about people that never used BBM

Posted on BlackBerry Classic via CB10
    07-25-19 08:48 AM
    Me too, but never underestimate people's inertia and comfort... Lots of them just won't bother, Aldo in this case are making a mistake, since it's freakin awesome! I'm very sad my people mainly don't use it, but in time... Who ever had a will to try, like it very much and mainly speaking about people that never used BBM

Posted on BlackBerry Classic via CB10
    Free period should have been free without the sign up for a future subscription.... and the change over should have been seamless from BBMc to BBMe (messages, contacts..).

Bottom line is I don't think BlackBerry really expects much from consumer version of BBMe.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    07-25-19 09:06 AM
    It's not over

Posted via CB10
    09-09-19 12:14 PM