I want to ask a question. It is possible for someone working on my data provider to have access to my bbm chat story?.

A friend of my sister who has some political influences, went to the data provider of her husband, and paid some money to adquire the chat history of her husband with a certain lady, and she adquired it. The chats were done via whatsapp... and the data provider had access to them.

What I want to know, is if that could be possible with bbm?. Im asking this because as far as I know, the servers of bbm are in canada and more secure etc... but I dont know if the data provider would be able to peak on it anyways.

Someone knows?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 11:11 AM
    To start, read up on BlackBerry's "lawful access" principles

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-05-15 11:32 AM
    Where I can hace a read of that? Can you give me a link?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 02:55 PM
    I want to ask a question. It is possible for someone working on my data provider to have access to my bbm chat story?.

A friend of my sister who has some political influences, went to the data provider of her husband, and paid some money to adquire the chat history of her husband with a certain lady, and she adquired it. The chats were done via whatsapp... and the data provider had access to them.

What I want to know, is if that could be possible with bbm?. Im asking this because as far as I know, the servers of bbm are in canada and more secure etc... but I dont know if the data provider would be able to peak on it anyways.

Someone knows?

Posted via CB10
    U hiding something? 😕

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    sparkybob likes this.
    09-05-15 03:08 PM
    Lol no. Not me at least.

But it would suck if data providers could sneak peek on you chat history.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 03:18 PM
    I don't believe it's possible on BBM.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    09-05-15 04:08 PM
    Where I can hace a read of that? Can you give me a link?

Posted via CB10
    http://us.blackberry.com/company/abo...ic-policy.html

BlackBerry*lawful access principles
    1. The carriers� capabilities are limited to the strict context of lawful access and national security requirements as governed by the country�s judicial oversight and rules of law.

2. The carriers� capabilities must be technology- and vendor-neutral, allowing no greater access to BlackBerry consumer services than the carriers and regulators already impose on BlackBerry�s competitors and other similar communications technology companies.

4. BlackBerry*maintains a consistent global standard for lawful access requirements that does not include special deals for specific countries.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Hydde likes this.
    09-05-15 06:04 PM
    If the courier had access to the Whatsapp's chat history then I would assume they would also have access to the BBM chat history everything else being equal. I don't know if couriers are using BlackBerry Auditing and Achieving Services. If they are using BAAS then even your BBM protected chats can be monitored, refer to link below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1004661
    GWAVA likes this.
    09-12-15 11:47 PM
    You might enjoy this old post from 5 years ago about BBM security http://www.berryreview.com/2010/08/0...not-encrypted/

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    09-12-15 11:53 PM
    Unlike WhatsApp that uses your phone number as the way in which messages go thru there system in which it goes thru the carriers system too, by way of the sms/mms channel. BBM is going thru the carriers system by way of a vpn in a way that the carrier doesn't have access to. Carrier doesn't know your bbm pin like they know your phone number.
    David Tyler likes this.
    09-13-15 07:30 AM
    Unlike WhatsApp that uses your phone number as the way in which messages go thru there system in which it goes thru the carriers system too, by way of the sms/mms channel. BBM is going thru the carriers system by way of a vpn in a way that the carrier doesn't have access to. Carrier doesn't know your bbm pin like they know your phone number.
    That's very interesting, another reason to bring people onto BBM :-)

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:24 AM
    Your carrier has no means of access to your bbm chats.
    But BlackBerry does.
    09-13-15 04:55 PM
    If they are using BAAS then even your BBM protected chats can be monitored
    Sparkaction is correct. If your organization is using BAAS (BlackBerry Audit & Archive Service), they can archive and monitor your BBM Protected messages. Depending on how you look at it, this is actually a good thing. If you are ever harassed, or have a reason to bring up something to management, you have a backup to support your claims.
    11-05-15 06:31 PM
    Sparkaction is correct. If your organization is using BAAS (BlackBerry Audit & Archive Service), they can archive and monitor your BBM Protected messages. Depending on how you look at it, this is actually a good thing. If you are ever harassed, or have a reason to bring up something to management, you have a backup to support your claims.
    So if it's a personal device not managed in any way, and you are using protected, no one including BlackBerry would be able to read those? What if the person your chatting with is on a managed device?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 07:10 AM
    U hiding something? 😕
    That's not really the point, is it.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    11-11-15 08:09 AM
    Your carrier has no means of access to your bbm chats.
    But BlackBerry does.
    -- unless you're using BBM Protected.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    11-11-15 08:11 AM
    U hiding something? 😕

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You must not be from America. We take great offense to questions like that.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 05:11 AM
    "A friend of my sister"...
    First of all, I don't think that the provider does store WhatsApp data, more likely WhatsApp does, but if they do, unless she had a police warrant, if the phone company just handed out that data to a third-party it was certainly illegal, no matter what kind of "influence" she has.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 02:41 PM