I want to request BlackBerry to allow recipient to decide in options if he wants to accept high quality Pics Automatically or not, based on his plan.

everyone has different plan. sime have 500mb and sone have 5GB.
    Why not allow USER to decide if he wants High quality pics Automatically or request manually one by one for each pic. ???

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 06:59 AM
    You can decide...by the picture. Although I have a 6GB plan, I spend a lot of time at work where I don't have wifi access all the time. It wouldn't help me as I would have to turn off the auto load HQ anyway.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-10-14 07:03 AM
    hi subclavian and welcome to the CrackBerry community !
    You have a valid point here and many have requested the same.

BUT : you don't ignore that what will be charged for you will be too for the one who sent the pic, don't you ?
    Tougher to implement, as the options should then include "send HQ if recipient(s) accept them" or the likes.

I'm fine with current option "on request".
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-10-14 07:04 AM
    hi subclavian and welcome to the CrackBerry community !
    You have a valid point here and many have requested the same.

BUT : you don't ignore that what will be charged for you will be too for the one who sent the pic, don't you ?
    Tougher to implement, as the options should then include "send HQ if recipient(s) accept them" or the likes.

I'm fine with current option "on request".
    What I was trying to say. Thanks for clarification.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-10-14 07:07 AM
    if recipient has turned on "accept high quality pics Automatically ", then sender should get a prompt "send high quality pic Yes or no".

really requesting high quality pic needs one extra step from EACH party for EACH pic. not very attractive imo.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 08:29 AM
    Hard to figure the proper balance. My guess is that +/- 95% of the pics I send/receive via BBM don't justify HQ and I'm not sure, at the end of the day, if i measure additional DL times it would turn into a gain ... But again, it depends on your personal usage of BBM.

edit : for multiple HQ files, I use dropbox or onedrive in Zip format.
    03-10-14 09:09 AM
    thanks

imo if people are given option to decide their setting that will be a big plus for BBM marketing.

in whatsapp the sender forces full quality pics. in bbm you have to request high quality and wait till sender sends it. imagine doing it for 20 pics time and again.

having BBM but using the recipient to go to third party website or software(to unzip), beats the whole purpose of having a file sharing messenger like BBM.

thats my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 09:24 AM
    I see OP's point... They could implement some additional rules, such as:

If both parties are on wifi, default to HQ picutre sending and recieving.
    If both parties have 'always HQ' enabled, default to HQ
    If neither, or only one party has 'always HQ' enabled, then the recepient should have to request HQ, but the prompt should allow something like "always HQ for this converstion" which would remain in effect until the chat window is closed. Clicking this option would trigger a prompt for the sender which either allows them to accept sending HQ automatically until the window is closed, or they can decide one by one if they'd like..
    03-10-14 09:45 AM
    They can also alleviate some of these gripes by using a less aggressive compression scheme to start with. I mean, does my 2-3MB image really need to be compressed down to 50KB? A 200-300KB range would still transfer quickly and would probably be quite acceptable to most people viewing it on smartphone screens.

Posted via CB10

EDIT: I just checked a few "HQ" images I received and they are actually around that 200-300KB range. Wtf BlackBerry!!!. that should be the standard quality, and "HQ" should be the full image!
    app_Developer likes this.
    03-10-14 09:55 AM
    having BBM but using the recipient to go to third party website or software(to unzip), beats the whole purpose of having a file sharing messenger like BBM.
    To their defense, those 2 are perfectly integrated, exacty as your file folders ... so third party storage, but single software
    03-10-14 12:52 PM
    To their defense, those 2 are perfectly integrated, exacty as your file folders ... so third party storage, but single software
    integrated in BlackBerry devices. but not in cross platform. thats what I meant.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-10-14 01:58 PM