11-10-14 08:46 AM
178 ... 5678
tools
    Great and they'd never charge for BBM would they?

Posted via CrackBerry for Android
    11-02-14 02:15 PM
    Not at all happy with how the BBM update erased all my chats with no warning and even though I always have "Save Chat History" enabled.

Also if BlackBerry thinks I'll pay more than a freakin' $1 per year to have "premium features" that I can get on other, more popular (with my Android/Apple-loving friends) apps for free, they are INSANE. Honestly, I'm not even sure I'd pay that $1. It's hard enough to get friends to download and use BBM as it is - if they start charging for things like timed messages (and if they don't add cross-platform video calls FOR FREE), they can just forget it.

This comes from someone who has purchased at least 10 sticker packs, btw.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW STL100-4 running 10.3.1.821/800 hybrid
    Funny, I had the same update as you but didn't LOSE any of my BBM chats. How do you explain that?
    11-02-14 02:23 PM
    I think we definitely need more information on these moves but seriously BBM is competing with many messaging apps and features is a great way to do it. Let's be real, BBM stayed stagnant on features for a long time and many of its features aren't useful because y can't use them cross platform.

Video call - can't use it cross platform
    Screen share - can't use cross platform
    Saving chat history - doesn't work like it used to
    Groups - has remained essentially unchanged for year
    File sizes - we finally got a update and it's still only up to 16MB (or something close to that)

In my opinion BBM voice and glympse have been great additions to BBM but even with those we had to wait for cross platform BBM 2.0 to release to fully utilize these features. I do think Channels is a great feature but it still feels beta to me and BlackBerry has done next to nothing to increase its features in the year it's been out.

Now BlackBerry finally seems committed to making BBM better and we have to pay for these features? With the little information they have out on this, it just doesn't make sense. You barely can find anyone that uses the service and I know my friends aren't going to pay for the extra features...which makes those features pointless to me. BBM is a good messenger but we've been asking for many features for far too long to be charged now that they are finally showing up

Posted via CB10
    All my friends (150 and counting) plus my biz contacts use BBM. And what does that say about your argument. So your circle of friends may not reflect what's truly happening with BBM.
    11-02-14 02:27 PM
    All my friends (150 and counting) plus my biz contacts use BBM. And what does that say about your argument. So your circle of friends may not reflect what's truly happening with BBM.
    When about 30% of the BBM user base sits in Indonesia alone...
    I'd wager quite a bit that Rello's case is far closer to the standard than yours.
    At least "in the west".

Posted via CB10
    Rello likes this.
    11-02-14 03:16 PM
    I wouldn't pay for that but if they make us pay for the video chat that's just wrong one of my favorite features of bbm

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    11-02-14 03:24 PM
    When about 30% of the BBM user base sits in Indonesia alone...
    I'd wager quite a bit that Rello's case is far closer to the standard than yours.
    At least "in the west".

Posted via CB10
    Exactly this....i shouldn't even have to say this lol

@wincyUt

Having 150 contacts in BBM is fine but I highly doubt it's close to being the especially in the west. BBM here in the U.S. is nearly nonexistent. For most, they download BBM and probably have no suggested contacts they could add. Without crackberry, my feeds tab would FAR less active. Think of the people who don't use the crackberry forums....what way besides asking others to download the app would they have to add contacts? What good groups would they be able to join?

I love BBM, and my friends seem to enjoy it, but I fail to see anything I said that wasn't true for a good portion of people. It's seasoned vets in these forums that don't even use BBM because they don't have contacts

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 03:31 PM
    So don't buy the premium you still can use bbm as usual

#BBFactCheck
    11-02-14 07:49 PM
    @Vladi we have no idea what the premium bbm features will consist of. For all we know bbm protected is included. We won't know until they release the details and pricing.

Posted via CB10
    If BBM Protected is included then it's going to be $29.99 per year or more since it would have more premium features.
    11-02-14 09:21 PM
    I agree. I don't use BBM for any business correspondence, but if I did - this would be a problem. My correspondence with contractors, customers, vendors, professionals, etc., becomes a matter of record. I rely on that to a certain extent. I need to be able to hold people accountable for what they tell me. My messages come in all different forms, but mostly email, voice mail, and SMS. I save EVERYTHING. Of course you can see when a message has been retracted, and it won't reflect well on the other party, but it adds a level of complexity that I don't need or want in my work environment.

Posted via CB10
    Retracted Message = Recall the Message in outlook.

**** happens, right?

Recall the message in outlook works only till the user has not read the mail. It shows up as a strike out mail in inbox and still you can read them, but the sender is not accountable for that mail.

But if this happens on a trillion dollar contract, well, its in deep ****
    11-03-14 12:34 AM
    I like the way how the discussions about BBM are going the same way as BlackBerry devices. CBians definitely want BBM to grow similar to BB devices using tools such as price reduction, ads, aggressiveness. But BB went other way while releasing Passport, pricing high, no ads, conservative stock approach. IMO WhatsApp is like Android, every where it is there, it is growing, it is free and everyone and their grandmother use one. Where is BBM? is the question and as an answer everybody advice a consumer centric idea.

IMO, BBRY should come with a big bang BBM release similar to Passport (totally unconventional), make it enterprise and push it as 'Email 2.0' in enterprise. They will fail if they propose to the consumer, as evident even the die hard CBians are divided.
    11-03-14 01:58 AM
    I like the way how the discussions about BBM are going the same way as BlackBerry devices. CBians definitely want BBM to grow similar to BB devices using tools such as price reduction, ads, aggressiveness. But BB went other way while releasing Passport, pricing high, no ads, conservative stock approach. IMO WhatsApp is like Android, every where it is there, it is growing, it is free and everyone and their grandmother use one. Where is BBM? is the question and as an answer everybody advice a consumer centric idea.
    Crackberrians wanted aggressive pricing and more advertising. BlackBerry did do aggressive pricing, especially in the U.S. As for advertising, they've only concentrated in some key markets. Regarding the conservative stock approach, the main complainers are people who are facing frustration ordering the Passport. No one was advocating that BlackBerry produce massive amounts of Passports.

IMO, BBRY should come with a big bang BBM release similar to Passport (totally unconventional), make it enterprise and push it as 'Email 2.0' in enterprise. They will fail if they propose to the consumer, as evident even the die hard CBians are divided.
    The Crackberry consumer doesn't have a problem with paying for useful features; it's with paying for features that other messaging systems already have.

Since the shift of enterprise to BYOD, the consumer does have a big say in what enterprise adopts. For devices, it's not so important that BlackBerry isn't everywhere. For a messaging app, BBM needs to be everywhere as the worth of a messaging system is the users on it.
    11-03-14 03:35 AM
    Retracted Message = Recall the Message in outlook.

**** happens, right?

Recall the message in outlook works only till the user has not read the mail. It shows up as a strike out mail in inbox and still you can read them, but the sender is not accountable for that mail.

But if this happens on a trillion dollar contract, well, its in deep ****
    Well if they are gonna keep this feature they at least they should only allow it until it's read, then the user can't retract, just like Outlook!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 05:47 AM
    Crackberrians wanted aggressive pricing and more advertising. BlackBerry did do aggressive pricing, especially in the U.S. As for advertising, they've only concentrated in some key markets. Regarding the conservative stock approach, the main complainers are people who are facing frustration ordering the Passport. No one was advocating that BlackBerry produce massive amounts of Passports.

The Crackberry consumer doesn't have a problem with paying for useful features; it's with paying for features that other messaging systems already have.

Since the shift of enterprise to BYOD, the consumer does have a big say in what enterprise adopts. For devices, it's not so important that BlackBerry isn't everywhere. For a messaging app, BBM needs to be everywhere as the worth of a messaging system is the users on it.
    My point of view is that BlackBerry can't grow in a similar fashion as other tech companies. They have to carve out a niche segment to grow like enterprise.
    While we are crying hoarse!!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 07:45 AM
    My point of view is that BlackBerry can't grow in a similar fashion as other tech companies. They have to carve out a niche segment to grow like enterprise.
    While we are crying hoarse!!

Posted via CB10
    They had/have the Enterprise. They have been losing it to consumer devices with apps. They need to be making the device appealing to both markets to grow under the current circumstances. They are slowly getting there, currently with hacks and workarounds that many regular or pure business user might not want to do.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    11-03-14 07:59 AM
    Until now, I still not quite understand what's the different between BIS plan compare to usual data plan from our provider. Is it server related case? I mean with BIS, all data connection go through BlackBerry server, and not for current BlackBerry 10 connection?

About the BBM, just face the fact, no matter what they write and told us, whatsapp is the most common im people using. Every smartphone, I think 90 % installed whatsapp

With limited ecosystem for blackberry compare to android and ios, only particular people who loves keypad will use BlackBerry handset (apart from cooperate user).

With "always one step delay" new feature in BBM, BlackBerry should gives some added value with free feature to grab their market share.

I live in Indonesia, and yes, we can see BBM installed almost on all smartphone here. And yes, there're still lots of BlackBerry OS users here. But it also become more and more fewer active users for BBM, the same with BlackBerry 10 handset, not really a good market share here competing with android cheap phone.

Here's some opinion I notice in Indonesia
    1. Whatsapp consume less Ram, and lighter on their android and ios phone, expecially group chat
    2. Whatsapp does not have HQ request picture sending, since we are expecting HQ picture sending as a normal feature
    3. Video call not really popular here due to our connection condition
    4. Free Stickers are important feature if BlackBerry want to grab youngster market share
    5. Advertisement really do important here since most of indonesian are consumptive (for higher consumer) . The more you advertise, the more trend you create, the more market share you will get.
    6. App ecosystem
    7. Bbm still the most popular im used currently, but this is all about "RIM" left over. BlackBerry used to be very popular before android take over the market. Slowly but sure, people begin to use other IM instead of BBM. Unless BlackBerry somehow succeed to maintain and regrab their market share.
    8. People use bbm just for their online selling tools, and "listening music status" feature, is becoming one of their promotion tools, so their status will always at the top
    9. And updating status, picture profile feature still attract youngster here.

But all of this point might be nothing important if BlackBerry new objective and focus is on their enterprise market.

Posted via CB10
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    11-04-14 02:31 PM
    Can't wait to pay for these features

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 05:49 PM
    This is just my opinion of course. BBM matches every other popular IM service out there. Everything they do for free BBM does too. Add in a feature or more than one that the competition doesn't offer for free to give people more reason to use BBM over competition. And then charge for other things.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 06:59 PM
    I'm in love with new BBM features-img_20141104_213458.png

Mr. Debonair pin:2BB705EE
    11-04-14 09:35 PM
    Until now, I still not quite understand what's the different between BIS plan compare to usual data plan from our provider. Is it server related case? I mean with BIS, all data connection go through BlackBerry server, and not for current BlackBerry 10 connection?

About the BBM, just face the fact, no matter what they write and told us, whatsapp is the most common im people using. Every smartphone, I think 90 % installed whatsapp

With limited ecosystem for blackberry compare to android and ios, only particular people who loves keypad will use BlackBerry handset (apart from cooperate user).

With "always one step delay" new feature in BBM, BlackBerry should gives some added value with free feature to grab their market share.

I live in Indonesia, and yes, we can see BBM installed almost on all smartphone here. And yes, there're still lots of BlackBerry OS users here. But it also become more and more fewer active users for BBM, the same with BlackBerry 10 handset, not really a good market share here competing with android cheap phone.

Here's some opinion I notice in Indonesia
    1. Whatsapp consume less Ram, and lighter on their android and ios phone, expecially group chat
    2. Whatsapp does not have HQ request picture sending, since we are expecting HQ picture sending as a normal feature
    3. Video call not really popular here due to our connection condition
    4. Free Stickers are important feature if BlackBerry want to grab youngster market share
    5. Advertisement really do important here since most of indonesian are consumptive (for higher consumer) . The more you advertise, the more trend you create, the more market share you will get.
    6. App ecosystem
    7. Bbm still the most popular im used currently, but this is all about "RIM" left over. BlackBerry used to be very popular before android take over the market. Slowly but sure, people begin to use other IM instead of BBM. Unless BlackBerry somehow succeed to maintain and regrab their market share.
    8. People use bbm just for their online selling tools, and "listening music status" feature, is becoming one of their promotion tools, so their status will always at the top
    9. And updating status, picture profile feature still attract youngster here.

But all of this point might be nothing important if BlackBerry new objective and focus is on their enterprise market.

Posted via CB10
    Very insightful thought. I always wondered how JC will steer the low cost model of the business - Z3 for price sensitive markets, free future rich BBM - in between his high esteem enterprise business. What if some enterprise ask them to provide a BBM feature free if the same is available free for consumer?

I am not pleased to predict, but think JC will let the low end business to die naturally.
    11-04-14 11:20 PM
    Very insightful thought. I always wondered how JC will steer the low cost model of the business - Z3 for price sensitive markets, free future rich BBM - in between his high esteem enterprise business. What if some enterprise ask them to provide a BBM feature free if the same is available free for consumer?

I am not pleased to predict, but think JC will let the low end business to die naturally.
    If they negleted low segmen business, they will lose their huge portion of existing consumer. And maintaining or regrab market share will be always more difficult.
    If they focusing on the low segmen business or consumer segment market, they had chances to mantain the existing one, but probably will lose coorporate segmen which is now aggressively attacked by samsung and apple

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 12:55 AM
    Ive been using the new bbm. And I realize what bbm is aiming for the paid service of bbm.. its for users thats very sensitive about privacy and information security. Its for the situation that a user would share sensitive information and wants to take control and make sure information is in control with out evidence and cannot be leaked. Users peace of mind that its not even screen shot at.

But ofcourse People always finds ways.

I believe popular people that would find a peace of mind in privacy through bbm would be one of the top customer in consumer market. also in corporate industry.

My personal opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 05:21 AM
    I wish they can also do the timed files applicable to files like word or spreadsheets etc. That will be the ultimate timed sharing. To share sensitive company file info for viewing only.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 05:25 AM
    Time messaging, picture or else is not really about safety. You can easily take a picture with another phone camera to your phone screen. It just something fun to have, not a really security item

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 06:26 AM
    I'm still not convinced that these timed messages cannot be retained by a company's BES servers. I have yet to read anything from an official source that they are totally extinguished or filed for future reference.

I want to learn more about this as I'm sure there will be different conditions for the general consumer and business use.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 06:42 AM
    Pin:2AE3F2E3 add up blackberry people

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 10:06 AM
178 ... 5678