First things first.
    BBRY is focused on enterprise. So naturally BBM follows suit.

Second
    Timed Message. Heard of 'Delay Delivery' in Outlook.
    I'm in love with new BBM features-11.jpg

Retracted Message. Heard of 'Recall This Message' in Outlook
    I'm in love with new BBM features-21.jpg

HD Pictures. To enables IT Admin to force different policies across enterprise. Like a CEO may get HD pictures always but down the pecking order, IT can force policies to throttle the only data drain activity in an IM app.

The consumer who NEED these features will pay for that. Period.
    All Eco-systems allow free usage of services up to some point and charge further. Perfectly makes sense.
    Its better than forcing ads down the throat or selling user data, at least for me. There is a reason I ungoogled myself.

However, I like to pay more for a comprehensive package, not just BBM. (I am talking about only BB device users)
    1. Ad free browser
    2. BB Cloud (Modulated per usage)
    3. BB email (Encrypted sort of)
    4. BPS (BlackBerry Prosumer Service, a scaled down BES)

Third. A critical note.
    How will these fit in a price sensitive yet market leading zones like Indonesia is unknown to me. Either BBRY abandon them or bundle it with some carrier choice via discount. IDK.
    I am yet to see a report or anlysis of JC's Z3 experiment in those markets. I think, he said that will set tone for their future business in that (low cost, consumer oriented) direction.

And yeah, that chart about Indonesia IM usage is awesome. Just see the ratio of engagement vs user no. That's the whole point in the long run in either way.
    Last edited by KingOfQwerty; 11-01-14 at 12:57 AM. Reason: emphasis on 'need'
    11-01-14 12:50 AM
    First things first.

Second
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	677 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	311144

Name:	21.jpg 
Views:	678 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	311145

HD Pictures. To enables IT Admin to force different policies across enterprise. Like a CEO may get always HD pictures always but down the pecking order, IT can force policies to throttle the only data drain activity in an IM app.

The consumer who need these features will pay for that. Period.
    All Eco-systems allow free usage of services up to some point and charge further. Perfectly makes sense.
    Its better than forcing ads down the throat or selling user data, at least for me. There is a reason I ungoogled myself.

However, I like to pay more for a comprehensive package, not just BBM. (I am talking about only BB device users)
    1. Ad free browser

Third. A critical note.
    How will these fit in a price sensitive yet market leading zones like Indonesia is unknown to me. Either BBRY abandon them or bundle it with some carrier choice via discount. IDK.
    I am yet to see a report or anlysis of JC's Z3 experiment in those markets. I think, he said that will set tone for their future business in that (low cost, consumer oriented) direction.

And yeah, that chart about Indonesia IM usage is awesome. Just see the ratio of engagement vs user no. That's the whole point in the long run in either way.
    I really like your comment, as I proposed certain things about 2 years when I made a thread on how to recoup the lost service revenue.

Anyhow, there is one pretty big problem with the Indonesia user numbers:
    They represent about 30% of the overall BBM users.
    Which pretty much means that John Chen's challenge is to make BBM more widely adopted "in the west" and just like you said, will have to find a comprehensive pricing strategy for emerging markets.

Oh and epic comments about Outlook.
    That's a power user right there

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:56 AM
    Little question:
    Did the BBM update destroy the "swipe right to go back" feature, when the user taps on the text entry field, of a BBM group that is featured in the HUB?

Because it seems like that.
    It works fine for non group chats though.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:57 AM
    First things first.

Second

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	677 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	311144

Name:	21.jpg 
Views:	678 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	311145
    Um, I don't think we're talking about the same type of "timed message". Outlook's is a message send delay while BBM's is how long the message will be readable.

The Retracting thing does not work. I've gotten emails at work that were retracted via Outlook and I just see a /new/ message that says, such and such email was retracted. I can still see the original email.

HD Pictures. To enables IT Admin to force different policies across enterprise. Like a CEO may get HD pictures always but down the pecking order, IT can force policies to throttle the only data drain activity in an IM app.

The consumer who NEED these features will pay for that. Period.

1. Ad free browser
    I'd pay for some of the above features, but not the two BBM ones because I have two BBM contacts, a friend who used to use BBM and Crackberry Kevin, when we were all doing the BBM stress test.
    11-01-14 03:36 AM

I'd pay for some of the above features, but not the two BBM ones because I have two BBM contacts, a friend who used to use BBM and Crackberry Kevin, when we were all doing the BBM stress test.
    You don't pay for the current two, as mentioned, they are free for a limited time, then other features will be added to that list of 2 and you can choose to buy that package...or not.
    You may only have 2 contacts on BBM but elsewhere in the wide world it's a different story...

I'm in love with new BBM features-bbm-indo.jpeg

Z30 144GB
    11-01-14 03:58 AM
    ^
    So what?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:07 AM
    I think BlackBerry will be shooting themselves in the foot if they try to charge for bbm right now. My bbm contact list has slowly been growing.

Quite a few of the people on it used to use bbm, but then jumped to apple or android. Some of them are now back. Some, I think, for nostalgia. But, I think any momentum they now have will come crashing to a halt as soon as people have to open their pocket books. There are just too any free alternatives out there.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:29 AM
    Actually no there are NOT.

1. You or anyone who has previously HAD or still HAS a BBOS device running on BIS data plans IS ... actually ALREADY paying BlackBerry for a service! That includes having them as a secure connection to and from your mobile device to push emails from your online email server/service provider - outside of work.

What did you REALLY think because you don't see the data plan as a separate fee in the last 3yrs in your plan that you're not still paying for it?! Huh?!

This is why analysts ran from BB just 2 yrs ago because they felt BB had no real tangible and proper plan to replace these service revenues.
    No man, they are smoking socks, BIS was Internet service which I used to browse Internet, fb, twitter, email, etc, a very good alternative for normal data charges. That perfectly make sense. Now this is BBM, which its a messenger that I use since I bought BlackBerry in the first place, to me it's like purchasing a brand new BMW and you get subscription to use the M-power under the hood, other wise the car will drive normal.

I understand the stickers (which sucks) they can charge as much as they want, but BBM Premium what what subscription? I love blackberry but come on

Snow White Z10 10.3.1.938
    11-01-14 04:56 AM
    Little question:
    Did the BBM update destroy the "swipe right to go back" feature, when the user taps on the text entry field, of a BBM group that is featured in the HUB?

Because it seems like that.
    It works fine for non group chats though.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that is broken now.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-01-14 06:21 AM
    I got the update for my two z30's and when I try to use the timed feature I get this message.
    Attachment 311049

Any idea?

Posted via CB10
    Try a restart

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    11-01-14 06:48 AM
    Yes, that is broken now.
    Are we the only people using groups and having noticed that?

Posted via CB10
    Witmen likes this.
    11-01-14 06:50 AM
    Are we the only people using groups and having noticed that?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah probably also shows that it wasn't a feature many used lol

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 07:00 AM
    As long as it's reasonable I will pay. Not so much for the message reaction features. But let's face it, all new features will probably be paid addition. So it's best to get it over with.

BBM is already way more than a messaging app. And the servers, programmers and data all cost real dollars.

Nothing in life is free.... Nor should it be.

Posted via CB10
    Why is whatsapp free then? Did you hear what was said the in last interview with John Chen? Unbelievable!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 07:39 AM
    Am I missing something here? Doesn't these new features rule out BBM for actual business use where there's a need for accountability? Unless by business use they mean flirting with your colleagues lol

And that business ad lol, how stupid are they, same phone and same BBM for business use and private? Is that what they're proposing?

I could go on here but I rest my case.
    11-01-14 08:02 AM
    Just my opinion : consumer bbm things and features = free. Enterprise / corporate bbm things and features = paid.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:10 AM
    Why is whatsapp free then? Did you hear what was said the in last interview with John Chen? Unbelievable!

Posted via CB10
    I thought Whatsapp is $.99 after the first year.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:12 AM
    Just my opinion : consumer bbm things and features = free. Enterprise / corporate bbm things and features = paid.

Posted via CB10
    I would agree.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:13 AM
    I am sure John Chen will supply BBM free for consumers and paid for corporate and government sectors that use BES10/12 that require a highly secured situation. That doesn't mean all businesses or governments.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:20 AM
    No mention here about being only a 3 months trial. I'm in love with new BBM features-imageuploadedbycb-forums1414852329.881502.jpg
    11-01-14 09:32 AM
    ^ true. Seems like possible BS. If it was only 3 months then I'm sure it would say that.

Also, WhatsApp on ios is $1 and that's it and first year free on everything else and $1 a year after that.

I would say a big difference between bbm and WhatsApp is that everyone has WhatsApp

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:37 AM
    But I'm sure Chen knows better than us when it's comes to that, and if he's just testing the waters I'm sure he'll do it in a safe way.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:38 AM
    Did you guys read the press release? It's on the front page of CB...

"Timed Messages and Message Retraction are premium features that will be available free and without restriction to BBM users over the next three months."

http://crackberry.com/bbm-updated-me...sages-and-more

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:42 AM
    Did you guys read the press release? It's on the front page of CB...

"Timed Messages and Message Retraction are premium features that will be available free and without restriction to BBM users over the next three months."

http://crackberry.com/bbm-updated-me...sages-and-more

Posted via CB10
    Well it didn't tell me that when I updated, they could be in deep **** if they try to charge 3 months later without prior warning and if they do charge watch people drop BBM like a brick.
    MarsupilamiX and Rello like this.
    11-01-14 09:52 AM
    I think BlackBerry will be shooting themselves in the foot if they try to charge for bbm right now. My bbm contact list has slowly been growing.

Quite a few of the people on it used to use bbm, but then jumped to apple or android. Some of them are now back. Some, I think, for nostalgia. But, I think any momentum they now have will come crashing to a halt as soon as people have to open their pocket books. There are just too any free alternatives out there.

Posted via CB10
    What will change? You can still use BBM as you were before, without paying.
    11-01-14 09:53 AM
    Did I say otherwise?
    Those might be premium features for other platform users, but to make them premium features for someone who paid BlackBerry 600$ (every Passport buyer who bought outright for example. Or Every Z10/Q10/Z30 user who bought outright, around the launch window) is outrageous and unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    And all the people who bought iPads and iPhone should get the premium iCloud storage accounts for free too.
    11-01-14 09:55 AM
178 ... 23456 ...