So, the other recipient should have also a Blackberry phone? Not only the BBM? I do not know anyone else with a Blackberry Phone!!!
    What are you talking about? Both people just need to have BBM (the latest version).
    10-31-14 04:50 PM
    I got the update for my two z30's and when I try to use the timed feature I get this message.
    Attachment 311049

Any idea?

Posted via CB10
    Strange it started working after I posted this.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 05:03 PM
    Any one knows if when we are on the paid version, the other recipient should also be on paid if we want to use te timer and all the premium stuff or they just need the latest version of BBM?
    10-31-14 05:05 PM
    Any one knows if when we are on the paid version, the other recipient should also be on paid if we want to use te timer and all the premium stuff or they just need the latest version of BBM?
    There is no paid version of BBM. It sounds like they must not have the latest version (i.e. haven't updated the app,) and that must be required for the feature to work.
    luigieagle likes this.
    10-31-14 05:12 PM
    Strange it started working after I posted this.

Posted via CB10
    Ahaha. I updated my samsung and tried to message my z30's and got the same message I posted earlier. I'm curious if there is a time delay after you update the app. Almost like it needs to update on the server or something.

I'm going to try it again later and see if it will work properly.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 05:25 PM
    Well said. I agree 100%. All the whining babies need to wake up to the reality of business. BlackBerry is here to make money. Don't like it go buy something else!

Posted via CB10
    If the competition would handle that matter just like BlackBerry wants to as well, I would actually agree with you.

But no one else wants money from their customers for small services within their own ecosystem.

If I buy an iOS/Android/WP8 phone, I get free services included, within their own ecosystem.

And yes, I will use another messenger if BlackBerry starts to want money from their own customers.
    It's not like BBM with it's 80 Million users, while 40% of them are located in Indonesia, would need more users anyhow.

It's not like the cell-phone business which can't even sell 10M phones a year, would need every possible help, to sell more phones (like exclusive services, or in that case, included services).

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 05:34 PM
    Actually no there are NOT.

1. You or anyone who has previously HAD or still HAS a BBOS device running on BIS data plans IS ... actually ALREADY paying BlackBerry for a service! That includes having them as a secure connection to and from your mobile device to push emails from your online email server/service provider - outside of work.

What did you REALLY think because you don't see the data plan as a separate fee in the last 3yrs in your plan that you're not still paying for it?! Huh?!

This is why analysts ran from BB just 2 yrs ago because they felt BB had no real tangible and proper plan to replace these service revenues.
    I know about the lost service revenue.
    I even started a thread about it

The days of BIS are over though.
    And as I said about 5 times by now:
    The competition includes a lot of services within their own ecosystem.
    With BlackBerry, I have to pay for them?

There are about 5 other messengers out there, all more popular than BBM, and some of them have the features for free, that BlackBerry wants to make you pay for when using BBM.

The consumer is dumb, yes, but not that dumb.

Posted via CB10
    Alattin Simsek likes this.
    10-31-14 05:38 PM
    Really I do t like having to pay for features that should entice people to a platform. Now that bbm is multi platform it's a little hard so I under stand. Cool or not they should not be sell features that should be free to entice people away for other chat apps. It's only a matter of time before apple adds this to there messaging app. And it will he free

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 05:39 PM
    They haven't updated their version of BBM yet. Kinda like it says

Z10 via CB10
    10-31-14 05:54 PM
    There are about 5 other messengers out there, all more popular than BBM, and some of them have the features for free, that BlackBerry wants to make you pay for when using BBM.
    Is there a messaging app that offers retraction, timed messaging, and video messaging all in one (which...hopefully is coming to cross platform BBM soon)
    10-31-14 05:59 PM
    I like the new version but not for any of the new stuff. It is finally smooth on my Z30. Up to now it has not been. And no I wouldn't pay for it.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-31-14 06:01 PM
    I know about the lost service revenue.
    I even started a thread about it

The days of BIS are over though.
    And as I said about 5 times by now:
    The competition includes a lot of services within their own ecosystem.
    With BlackBerry, I have to pay for them?

The consumer is dumb, yes, but not that dumb.

Posted via CB10
    They are not charging for all of the BBM app. Just premium features.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 06:03 PM
    They are not charging for all of the BBM app. Just premium features.

Posted via CB10
    Did I say otherwise?
    Those might be premium features for other platform users, but to make them premium features for someone who paid BlackBerry 600$ (every Passport buyer who bought outright for example. Or Every Z10/Q10/Z30 user who bought outright, around the launch window) is outrageous and unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    10-31-14 06:10 PM
    Is there a messaging app that offers retraction, timed messaging, and video messaging all in one (which...hopefully is coming to cross platform BBM soon)
    Line should have self destroying messages and videochat for example.

The only new thing I haven't seen before is the specific deleting of messages/retraction.

That's pretty new as far as I know.
    Doesn't change the fact that it's comical to ask users who bought a BlackBerry phone, to pay for those features.

To use Superfly's example and BIS:
    So does BlackBerry think that users will pay for BIS and then for those features as well, basically making them pay 3 times to fully use BBM?
    (1st handset, 2nd BIS, 3rd BBM subscription)

Posted via CB10
    Gatmyer and raino like this.
    10-31-14 06:15 PM
    Pay for BBM? I think not...
    Pay for timed messages? Snapchat is free.
    Skype is free, What'sApp is free, etc...

They're fooling themselves thinking people will be paying for these things.

Also, since I carried on with my old BlackBerry data plan, my service provider is still paying BlackBerry $5/mo for BIS that I'm not getting.

BlackBerry should simply build the price of these features into a monthly BIS-like service.

I know several people who just switched to BBM, but there's no way they'll pay for the service. They'll just go back to SMS....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-31-14 06:29 PM
    Bbm is definitely not as used as before, not even close and with so many ims and apps like snapchat if they charge for these services I see existing users also part ways

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 06:34 PM
    Did I say otherwise?
    Those might be premium features for other platform users, but to make them premium features for someone who paid BlackBerry 600$ (every Passport buyer who bought outright for example. Or Every Z10/Q10/Z30 user who bought outright, around the launch window) is outrageous and unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    Let's get real. Just because you paid $600 you expect BlackBerry to give you things free forever. I have Apple devices and Apple charges for everything imaginable. For example, people pay extra for more storage with Apple but BlackBerry does not charge you extra. WhatsApp charges a yearly fee for it's service (and who knows what next it will charge for).
    Everybody is looking for freebies and some how expects BlackBerry to remain profitable and survive. If someone doesn't need or want the extra features or services then don't use them.
    Tell me, isn't BBM functional as it is right now? SMH. These features will be no different from the BBM Stickers; people who want them will buy them.

I will gladly pay for these features.
    10-31-14 06:43 PM
    Are IM free if you have to put up with advertising, surrendering your cell number, only to have it sold to call centers, give full access to your photos, files etc and grant permission for them to be legally stored off site? If you think they are free then good luck with that. I think if BBM wants to add features beyond the standard BBM, and place a small user fee, then I am all for it. People go to work and expect to get paid by the hour. An app developer well......they can work for us for free. Bull****! I am more than happy to pay for good apps that respect my data. I understand development, support and future improvements require support. A few bucks on apps are well worth it

Posted via CB10
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    10-31-14 06:44 PM
    Have to wait and see what the other Premium Services come with BBM paid version and how much it will be before we decide. Would we pay for just the current two options? No. Not due to cost, just that we can live without them.

Z30 144GB
    Gatmyer likes this.
    10-31-14 06:45 PM
    I love my blackberry, and I love BBM but I will not pay.

Just as I was getting more people into BBM they pull this.

I guess I'm just gonna have to stop using it, because asides from the very basics, which I can use via text message, there is no added incentive for the average user.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 06:48 PM
    I think this was all part of a well thought out plan by BlackBerry to get on the good side of carriers (where I think they need help the most here in the US) and share revenue with them. Essentially cutting other services out because they actually undercut carrier revenue. I don't know how this will play out, but I'm sure the carriers would be on-board. And BBM can be a type of default installed in all devices as a revenue stream.

http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2014/0...can-still-win/

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 06:52 PM
    I love my blackberry, and I love BBM but I will not pay.

Just as I was getting more people into BBM they pull this.

I guess I'm just gonna have to stop using it, because asides from the very basics, which I can use via text message, there is no added incentive for the average user.

Posted via CB10
    Just curious, how many friends do you have and what have they done for BlackBerry lately? Everyone is free to use whatever IM makes them happy, so please don't feel obligated to do BlackBerry any favours.
    10-31-14 07:13 PM
    Can someone upload the new BBM.bar please

~Omar Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    10-31-14 07:20 PM
    What sub fee???

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 07:21 PM
    Reading some of the comments, it's funny how many people have said BlackBerry needs to do more to make money and bring in profits, yet no one wants to pay the little extras.

Let's all just expect more for free without any additional profits for the company to stay afloat.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    10-31-14 07:27 PM
178 1234 ...