#BBFactCheck
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    10-31-14 02:02 PM
    Enough to pay for it?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 02:12 PM
    Enough to pay for it?

Posted via CB10
    I think the subscription will include more than just that to make it worth it. Or else it's not worth to sub.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 02:14 PM
    If you have to pay for it, as a BlackBerry user, I'd say that BlackBerry is smoking some of the bad stuff.

Posted via CB10
    sosof, kbz1960, Ben1232 and 14 others like this.
    10-31-14 02:19 PM
    Still waiting for cross platform video capability and larger file transfer size....

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 02:23 PM
    Cool looks neat but not if I have to pay for it. I can live with out it.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    10-31-14 02:24 PM
    I would see how much is the subscription fee and what BlackBerry offers and decide whether paying the fee or not. But before the three months free period I am just gonna try it out as much as I can!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 02:48 PM
    I don't have the needs for any of those features but they are definitely cool... so I wouldn't pay a fee for it.. maybe to support BlackBerry if it's an acceptable fee

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154
    10-31-14 03:05 PM
    Why does anyone even consider paying that fee as a BlackBerry owner?
    Are you kidding me?

I paid for the damn BlackBerry, no way in hell would I ever pay a subscription fee as well, just for BBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 03:22 PM
    If you have to pay for it, as a BlackBerry user, I'd say that BlackBerry is smoking some of the bad stuff.
    Some of the good stuff. They oversold the Passport, remember?

Why does anyone even consider paying that fee as a BlackBerry owner?
    Are you kidding me?

I paid for the damn BlackBerry, no way in hell would I ever pay a subscription fee as well, just for BBM.
    Interesting. Are you saying that iPhone and Android BBM users should be made to pay, while those with BBs shouldn't?
    10-31-14 03:26 PM
    Interesting. Are you saying that iPhone and Android BBM users should be made to pay, while those with BBs shouldn't?
    I think you perfectly understood what I was implying here.

It's non sense, to not treat a BlackBerry customer better than a non-bb one, when it comes down to the services.

When I buy an Android phone, I get x amount of cloud storage for free from Google and y amount of other goodies.
    Same applies to Apple with x' and y'.
    Obviously the same applies to MS as well, with x'' and y''.

The BlackBerry lacks so much in terms of ecosystem and apps anyhow, so if they think that they can tax BlackBerry buyers to use the very limited ecosystem BlackBerry provides...
    I still think that they smoke some of the really bad stuff (something along the lines of PCP).

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 03:46 PM
    I think you perfectly understood what I was implying here.

It's non sense, to not treat a BlackBerry customer better than a non-bb one, when it comes down to the services.
    Fair enough--I just wanted to make sure I understood. But if they are to really monetize this, don't the non-BB customers have other (free?) options like Snapchat, etc? Which is not to say they should be breaking the BB users' backs...

I mean, what could the subscription bundle offer that isn't already available on other platforms? Message retraction? Check. Timed message? Check (I think,) Video chat? Check. Unless all these things above can't be done using the same app on Android/iOS. Then that could be a good selling point.
    10-31-14 03:53 PM
    But I can use all of those alternatives on a BlackBerry as well, that would be my point.

I am not limited to BBM on my BB and if BlackBerry thinks that they can "milk" (since I don't know how much they would charge, I do want to be careful with that statement) me, as a BlackBerry customer, even though nobody else in the marketplace handles their own services like that...
    I'd say that BlackBerry really needs to get real again.

That's the stuff that drives away customers to be honest.
    And if it's mostly an enterprise feature, it should be included in the BES subscription anyhow.

Posted via CB10
    Rello and kbz1960 like this.
    10-31-14 04:01 PM
    Subscription is a terrible word to use IMO. They'd have much less backlash saying "one time payment" but even then I just don't think BBM is in a position to charge consumers for features.

It has been awhile since a major update came before this so maybe they have some USP's up their sleeves but they better if they expect people to pay when they can barely find contacts

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 04:06 PM
    As long as it's reasonable I will pay. Not so much for the message reaction features. But let's face it, all new features will probably be paid addition. So it's best to get it over with.

BBM is already way more than a messaging app. And the servers, programmers and data all cost real dollars.

Nothing in life is free.... Nor should it be.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 04:20 PM
    I got the update for my two z30's and when I try to use the timed feature I get this message.
    I'm in love with new BBM features-img_20141031_172422.png

Any idea?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 04:25 PM
    Well said. I agree 100%. All the whining babies need to wake up to the reality of business. BlackBerry is here to make money. Don't like it go buy something else!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 04:28 PM
    Got new Bbm update. Got a photo sent through it to me from another blackberry user. I noticed after receiving the photo, there are two letters HD highlight white inside a black box... I clicked on this and it said request a HD photo. So I did and got the same photo, I can't say I noticed much difference. does it cost to request a HD photo or to send one if requested by another user?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 04:29 PM
    does it cost to request a HD photo or to send one if requested by another user?
    No, that HD option next to the picture just makes it easier to request a HD picture. The only extra "cost" is that HD pictures use more data, because they are not as compressed, if at all. So if you're on a very limited data plan, you may not want to request a lot of HD pictures.
    10-31-14 04:32 PM
    Thank you raino.
    I've a large data plan so it won't bother me too much. I don't have many friends using Bbm anyhow.
    Best regards
    Masser

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 04:34 PM
    I got the update for my two z30's and when I try to use the timed feature I get this message.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141031_172422.png 
Views:	2482 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	311049

Any idea?
    Me too. Any idea??

Posted via CB10
    anon(5876743) likes this.
    10-31-14 04:36 PM

Any idea?
    Well, looking at the error message, it sounds like your recipient doesn't have the same BBM build as you, i.e. one that supports the timed message feature. Have they updated their BBM?
    10-31-14 04:38 PM
    So, the other recipient should have also a Blackberry phone? Not only the BBM? I do not know anyone else with a Blackberry Phone!!!
    rcab likes this.
    10-31-14 04:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually no there are NOT.

1. You or anyone who has previously HAD or still HAS a BBOS device running on BIS data plans IS ... actually ALREADY paying BlackBerry for a service! That includes having them as a secure connection to and from your mobile device to push emails from your online email server/service provider - outside of work.

What did you REALLY think because you don't see the data plan as a separate fee in the last 3yrs in your plan that you're not still paying for it?! Huh?!

This is why analysts ran from BB just 2 yrs ago because they felt BB had no real tangible and proper plan to replace these service revenues.
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-31-14 04:46 PM
    So, the other recipient should have also a Blackberry phone? Not only the BBM? I do not know anyone else with a Blackberry Phone!!!
    No they need the most current version off BBM. I have not received the update yet so be patient and tell your friends to get the update.

Posted via CB10
    luigieagle likes this.
    10-31-14 04:46 PM
178 123 ...