I doubt it. My nut hugging apple buddy says it doesn't work well in his iPhone. I'm not interested in trying.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:48 PM
    im arguing that imessage takes precedence over SMS when it tries to send a message. its too slow and stupid to try and switch back to SMS before realizing imessage failed numerous times to send. if i know there's barely any signal or data coverage, obviously i (as the user) will switch and use sms. but the iphone is too dumb to realize that and it keeps on trying to send it as imessage
    Please read my whole post. You obviously didn't.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-31-13 05:48 PM
    I'll never trust Apple with my data
    10-31-13 05:51 PM
    I don't think I would, with bbm on iPhone and Android, I would not install Imessage to just talk to iPhone users,
    Posted via CB10
    +1
    10-31-13 08:19 PM
    I wouldn't, because I think it makes sense only on iOS devices where it is integrated to text messaging.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 08:21 PM
    never! ever ever will i install that ****
    10-31-13 09:33 PM
    Yup. As soon as it became available.
    Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing you support BB.

(You clearly don't.)
    10-31-13 11:04 PM

(You clearly don't.)
    So the iOS users who downloaded BBM as soon as it was available don't support Apple? Just like iOS and Android users tried out BBM, I'd try out iMessage. Alot of it has to do with the fact that most of my friends are on it.
    If I was on iOS and most of my friends were on BBM, I'd get it. Same with iMessage.
    Just because I(or anyone really) would get iMessage doesn't mean they don't support Blackberry.
    Thats a slippery slope to go down, blaming people for not supporting BB just for that reason.
    kbz1960 and paper_monkey like this.
    10-31-13 11:38 PM
    I'd install it. Would make life with my iPhone friends easier. And it would only be fair; I got them to download BBM after all.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and paper_monkey like this.
    11-01-13 12:03 AM

(You clearly don't.)
    By downloading an app for her BB (as is the premise of this thread,) she doesn't support BB?
    macaroon9 likes this.
    11-01-13 12:13 AM
    First of all it will never happen and no absolutely not.
    Yeah, you probably right there it won't be happening because it will not pass thru BlackBerry security standards. LOL.

#IChooseBlackBerry10 | Posted via My BlackBerry Q10 (SQN 100-3 v.10.1.0.4181) - Powered by Globe Telecom Philippines
    11-01-13 04:36 AM
    depend on the function and benefit. I install it first and then review how many friends, relative, colleague and my customer use this chat platform?
    11-01-13 05:50 AM
    In fact, no. It would be useless for me. I prefer the BBM pin mode. The apple service works like WhatsApp, with your phone number, and i don't like that.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    11-01-13 07:16 AM
    Not a chance in hell.
    11-01-13 07:28 AM
    I hope non of you that would never install it never say a bad word about user of other platforms refusing to install BBM.
    11-01-13 07:48 AM
    Sure, I would try it!
    11-01-13 08:24 AM
    I think this is a fair question, considering that as a BB user I am asking my ios friends to install BBM. So, if it were reversed what would you do?
    I say not a chance. Here is why.
    iMessage ties your phone number to your apple ID and then goes out to any device that your apple ID is on. Sounds cool at first to have iMessage on multiple devices right? Do you really want your phone number tied to your ID?

My brother in law just switched from iPhone to Z10, great success story no? he has it for a few days and realizes, all his friends with iPhones, he is not getting SMS messages from. everyone else, no problem, but iPhone users, nothing coming through. This is because the apple server recognizes the SMS from an iPhone user and translates it to iMessage and sends through iMessage. So because his apple ID is still tied to the old iPhone, any SMS from iPhone users are converting to iMessage and he is not getting them. Talk about security and encrypted info right... LOL yeah right

hear is the other issue, you can't just wipe the iPhone because your Apple ID is now tied to your phone number. you have to literally go into the settings and shut iMessage and Facetime off, but if you have wiped your iPhone, you can't do this AND your apple ID is still tied to the phone number on the server. Now what if you have a mac, and an iPad, or iPod, or everything. you have to disable iMessage and Facetime on EVERYTHING. well what if you wiped your iPhone, or an old iPod and then sold it? do you seriously still have or even remember every device you added your apple ID to? Doubt it.

The only option now is to log in to the apple support or server and completely disable your apple ID... so what does that do to the iPAD or MAC you still have?

anyway, long way of saying, no, the trouble is not worth it.
    11-01-13 08:32 AM
    I hope non of you that would never install it never say a bad word about user of other platforms refusing to install BBM.
    complete hogwash, read my post above as to why your comment I quoted does not apply and is not the same thing at all.

*edit*
    I should be clear - it is stupid to say a bad word about anyone over ANY IM app whether it is BBM or anything. I mean seriously, getting mad or talking negatively about someone because they don't want an IM app is just petty so I do agree with you there. I just don't think that because I would never use iMessage, that I shouldn't push or promote BBM to others.

That being said, I haven't received very many SMS messages in almost two weeks.... soooooo not sure this is even an issue
    11-01-13 08:33 AM
    Yep! I dont know a single person with a Blackberry, all have android or iphone, so i would gladly use that. Only reason I'm using BBM still is to just mess around with it, but I already have a lot of contacts in there deleting it.
    11-01-13 08:36 AM
    I say not a chance. Here is why.
    iMessage ties your phone number to your apple ID and then goes out to any device that your apple ID is on. Sounds cool at first to have iMessage on multiple devices right? Do you really want your phone number tied to your ID?

My brother in law just switched from iPhone to Z10, great success story no? he has it for a few days and realizes, all his friends with iPhones, he is not getting SMS messages from. everyone else, no problem, but iPhone users, nothing coming through. This is because the apple server recognizes the SMS from an iPhone user and translates it to iMessage and sends through iMessage. So because his apple ID is still tied to the old iPhone, any SMS from iPhone users are converting to iMessage and he is not getting them. Talk about security and encrypted info right... LOL yeah right

hear is the other issue, you can't just wipe the iPhone because your Apple ID is now tied to your phone number. you have to literally go into the settings and shut iMessage and Facetime off, but if you have wiped your iPhone, you can't do this AND your apple ID is still tied to the phone number on the server. Now what if you have a mac, and an iPad, or iPod, or everything. you have to disable iMessage and Facetime on EVERYTHING. well what if you wiped your iPhone, or an old iPod and then sold it? do you seriously still have or even remember every device you added your apple ID to? Doubt it.

The only option now is to log in to the apple support or server and completely disable your apple ID... so what does that do to the iPAD or MAC you still have?

anyway, long way of saying, no, the trouble is not worth it.
    1. You can remove your phone number from Apple ID and still iMessage via the email address tied to your Apple ID. This is how iPod Touch, iPad, and OSX users without an iPhone use iMessage and FaceTime (and every other iCloud/Apple service supported on their devices).

2. Almost every service out there allows the user to tie their phone number to their online ID so facilitate contact searching.

3. All of these services allow you to block users.

4. If someone has your phone number, it's because you gave it to them. If you don't want them to iMessage to your phone number, only give them your email address. iMessage will still work as long as your email address is part of your contact entry on their device.

4A. This is no different than giving them your Google Account Email for Hangouts - it will Hangouts to your Email address, however if they have your phone number and it's linked to your Google Account Hangouts can still send IMs to you.

4B. This is no different than giving them your Samsung Account Email for ChatOn - it will send IMs to your Samsung account, however if they have your phone number nad it's linked to your Samsung Account ChatOn can still send IMs to you based on that Phone Number.

4C. Both services mentioned above allow you to hide your Phone Number from Search.

4D. Point is, you don't have to use a phone number for any of them, or even iMessage. iMessage was designed not to require a phone number due to it working on Apple devices that do not have a Cell Radio and are not Cell Phones.

5. Crying about the phone number thing is worthless, and I'm not sure why we have pages of people crying about it. Like I said, if you don't want to get iMessages directed at your PHONE NUMBER, you can simply give out your Apple ID email address instead - for which you can configure multiples so it's possible to use an Alias instead of your Real Email address to receive iMessages, as long as you verify it to be valid. This is trivial to do - I have done it myself. Once you are tired of people reaching you at the old email address, just delete the alias and deactivate it in your Apple ID settings (or from your device) and it will no longer work for the people who have it...
    11-01-13 09:37 AM
    Probably not as it would just give me another platform to have no contacts on
    paper_monkey likes this.
    11-01-13 09:42 AM
    complete hogwash, read my post above as to why your comment I quoted does not apply and is not the same thing at all.

*edit*
    I should be clear - it is stupid to say a bad word about anyone over ANY IM app whether it is BBM or anything. I mean seriously, getting mad or talking negatively about someone because they don't want an IM app is just petty so I do agree with you there. I just don't think that because I would never use iMessage, that I shouldn't push or promote BBM to others.

That being said, I haven't received very many SMS messages in almost two weeks.... soooooo not sure this is even an issue
    Maybe hogwash for you but I've read in threads some members blasting other users because they refuse to install BBM. I didn't say or quote you.

Non the less I don't really care who makes the cross platform app for IMing etc as long as it works and works for anyone no matter the platform. I would prefer it be BBM but I'm not sure it is any more secure than any way there unless you're on a BES.
    11-01-13 09:55 AM
    I would've if it worked like I message did on my iPhone, i.e. combining texts and I message together into one.

There really needs to a standard IM emerge that can combine a pin and number and give people the option to let others send a text if a pin message doesn't go through (only if the receiving party chooses to let ppl send them texts)

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 12:06 PM
    ... Non the less I don't really care who makes the cross platform app for IMing etc as long as it works and works for anyone no matter the platform. I would prefer it be BBM ...
    It's BBM, because the other platforms' companies are a bunch of bung holes. They exclude BlackBerry users for whatever their bs reasons for doing so, known or unknown, might be. Those other companies (apple, android, & windows/skype) blow. Blackberry is the better person. BlackBerry includes the other platforms' users.

(I know, I know, now some really smart poster will jump in and look really smart by pointing out that BBM hasn't reached out to Windows phone users. Already expected from those posters, just as it's already expected that BlackBerry will soon bring BBM to Windows phone in an update.)
    11-01-13 12:34 PM

(You clearly don't.)
    Might want to have a look at QBNKELT's profile before condemning her device choices.. Heck, perhaps even ask her which device is her favourite at the moment and if she thinks the BBM experience is uniform across the platforms.
    11-01-13 01:52 PM
147 ... 3456