That would be lame. To much chat platforms already with same features and functions, bbm stand out because of its security features. What does Imessage can offer that bbm doesn't have? If imessage can teleport your chatmate why not?!

#IChooseBlackBerry10 | Posted via My BlackBerry Q10 (SQN 100-3 v.10.1.0.4181) - Powered by Globe Telecom Philippines
    Direct access to iOS users... Without them having to install BBM and get a PIN etc...
    10-31-13 10:12 AM
    But how would I chat with my Android contacts?
    10-31-13 10:19 AM
    No...wouldn't interest me.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 11:01 AM
    Direct access to iOS users... Without them having to install BBM and get a PIN etc...
    Well true, because bbm is a cross platform and it's just recently re-launched and need to be installed to another device that is not a BlackBerry device. Maybe one day it will be pre installed on the next iphones series who knows right?!

#IChooseBlackBerry10 | Posted via My BlackBerry Q10 (SQN 100-3 v.10.1.0.4181) - Powered by Globe Telecom Philippines
    10-31-13 11:45 AM
    First of all it will never happen and no absolutely not.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    10-31-13 11:55 AM
    Lol..so I'm I'm installing I message to prevent my iPhone friends from installing bbm?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 12:05 PM
    Nyet! Funnel them all to BBM!
    10-31-13 12:56 PM
    If they have them on separate apps for iPhones what makes you think they will make a version with more features for Android and BlackBerry?
    It's not separate on iPhones.. Those functions are built into the iPhone & Apple devices a certain os & up.. The forum is if Apple were to make an iMessage app would you download it onto your Blackberry.. Not if you think Apple should sell to other models w/ more features
    10-31-13 01:02 PM
    FaceTime & iMessage ASAP
    10-31-13 01:08 PM
    I would install it, see how it works, but I really doubt the experience is any better than BBM. It's not so much us BlackBerry enthusiasts are bias towards BBM (we are), but it really is just a superior app and it's getting better. The app reception on the App Store and Google Play speaks for itself.

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.
    10-31-13 01:10 PM
    Don't care about iMessage. But a Instant Messaging app that had SMS Text integration and could contact ANYONE on ANY PLATFORM.... YES!
    10-31-13 01:19 PM
    no I had an iphone and imessage pisses me off so much that I manually switched it off. reason being is because if the server is down or if you are in a area of bad coverage, it takes forever to send or it's too dumb to realize that the server is down to switch back to sms mode
    10-31-13 01:34 PM
    I wouldn't install imessage ,ever. Not even if there was a fire!
    10-31-13 01:37 PM
    no I had an iphone and imessage pisses me off so much that I manually switched it off. reason being is because if the server is down or if you are in a area of bad coverage, it takes forever to send or it's too dumb to realize that the server is down to switch back to sms mode
    That is true for any data-based messaging service (Skype, iMessage, WhatsApp, Hangouts, BBM, ChatOn, etc.).

Thought it probably wouldn't hurt if they'd send by SMS if the phone doesn't have at least a 2G connection :-P However, GPRS should be able to handle data-based text messaging without issue. It only starts to falter when you try to share media and things like that (Pictures, Video, Voice Notes, whatever).
    10-31-13 02:25 PM
    Never found Apple software to work well on other platforms. So no.
    10-31-13 03:40 PM
    Impossible? You just sign out. Settings > Messages > Tap ID > Turn off iMessage or Sign Out.
    Yes, but let's say you lose your iPhone, and then decide you wanna switch to Android or BlackBerry. Your phone number is still tied into Applie's system. There is almost no way to remove that tie in. For some time after you switch, you will NOT receive any texts. Just a bad idea to hook up one's number to iMessage, IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 03:56 PM
    In a heartbeat.
    10-31-13 04:23 PM
    There are honestly no humans alive that I want to receive messages from that are on iPhones... I mean that can't just SMS or email me for one-way communications. The exception to this is one niece who is on an iPhone, but everyone else in HER family are on BlackBerry so she has to have BBM to communicate with them anyway, so no.

Also, everyone has Skype which is the cross-platform-y-est of all of them and frankly, if their routing and bandwidth sharing techniques weren't so troublesome, unreliable, scary and dubious, I'd just say everyone go Skype and be done with it.... but I trust BlackBerry more than Microsoft or Kazaa-based data transport mechanisms so I still think BBM is superior. When there's a Windows version (or something like BlackBerry Link being like Bridge for Windows with integrated BBM messaging) then I think it will be time to leave Skype behind, too.
    10-31-13 04:29 PM
    Not even once.
    10-31-13 04:32 PM
    Nope, I have better uses for my monthly Mb's.

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-31-13 04:41 PM
    No. Miserable functionality. If all of the iOS users use Whatsapp, then what's the point of have iMessage?
    10-31-13 05:04 PM
    Nope not now that BBM is cross platform. Apple isn't doing that anyways.
    10-31-13 05:08 PM
    Never!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:11 PM
    Never. I neither like nor trust apple (or android, for that matter).
    Same here

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:28 PM
    That is true for any data-based messaging service (Skype, iMessage, WhatsApp, Hangouts, BBM, ChatOn, etc.).

Thought it probably wouldn't hurt if they'd send by SMS if the phone doesn't have at least a 2G connection :-P However, GPRS should be able to handle data-based text messaging without issue. It only starts to falter when you try to share media and things like that (Pictures, Video, Voice Notes, whatever).
    im arguing that imessage takes precedence over SMS when it tries to send a message. its too slow and stupid to try and switch back to SMS before realizing imessage failed numerous times to send. if i know there's barely any signal or data coverage, obviously i (as the user) will switch and use sms. but the iphone is too dumb to realize that and it keeps on trying to send it as imessage
    10-31-13 05:42 PM
147 ... 23456