But can you video chat and make audio calls on iMessage? Nope you gotta use a different app.

Posted via CB10
    Uhm, yes.. iMessage on my Mac can video chat but would be pointless if iMessage was on Blackberry because they would probably throw in FaceTime also
    10-30-13 11:10 PM
    Hate apple products and services. So answer is never.

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    10-30-13 11:17 PM
    Hate apple products and services. So answer is never.

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    + 1
    iMessage seems to be down more often than not.
    10-30-13 11:31 PM
    Uhm, yes.. iMessage on my Mac can video chat but would be pointless if iMessage was on Blackberry because they would probably throw in FaceTime also
    If they have them on separate apps for iPhones what makes you think they will make a version with more features for Android and BlackBerry?
    10-31-13 12:03 AM
    Not me ,i have all my buddies now on bbm,yes still i can say some windows and other users who using older versions of Android are compensated by whats App.
    That is my story???
    10-31-13 12:27 AM
    To tell you in India even less no of people use iMessage even if they are using iPhone or iPad.
    Personally feel from starting iMessage could not gain lot of fans against competition.
    10-31-13 12:30 AM
    Apple's strategy of having branded stuff whether its retina display, iMessage, or Facetime would be crushed if it went cross platform. Regular users tempted to use iMessage to see what iOS has to offer will see how inferior iMessage's infrastructure and overall reliability truly is.

So you're asking whether people would download iMessage if it went cross platform...? How about telling me what it does that any text message app doesn't do? The fact that Apple has a message app and an iMessage app seems to amaze me. It's basically a text message app to people who are on Apple products...

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 12:46 AM
    Heck no! With all the problems of other people getting someone else's iMessages, and the fact that anyone who has access to my iTunes account can read my texts. No thank you...time to convince the rest of the world to get BBM!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 12:52 AM
    I swear to god never seen or used iMessage & honestly not interested its either BBM or then Whatsapp max
    Ben1232 likes this.
    10-31-13 01:37 AM
    I would..

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 02:36 AM
    But can you video chat and make audio calls on iMessage? Nope you gotta use a different app.

Posted via CB10
    That is incorrect. You can make both Facetime calls and phone calls directly from iMessage. Just tap "Contact" on upper right while in the conversation.
    Jr1202 likes this.
    10-31-13 03:18 AM
    Why would I ever spoil my wonderful Bold 9900 by installing crapple software on it? Now that we have BBM for (almost) all there would be no need to do this. Also, as others have commented the imessage issues are a pain!
    10-31-13 06:00 AM
    I prefer BBM for now because of its anonymity, and the reliability when doing normal chat. On top of that, BBM Group is very sophisticated, with the event, list, it's very handy. But I'm not sure about iMessage features other than text and call, can someone enlighten me?
    10-31-13 06:10 AM
    Hmmm, I was trying to reply to an earlier message but it ended up here at the bottom, oh well!

You can also "speak" to BBM and send a message as well. Notice the small microphone that is on the "." button beside the "send" button...that is if you have a BB10 device, I am not sure if this function is available cross platform.
    10-31-13 06:27 AM
    I don't quite enjoy its integration with sms. I might not use it, but then if it was used by almost all my friends, then what the heck
    10-31-13 06:31 AM
    I like that someone has asked this question. And, my answer, yes. Why? I'm a gadget guy, and thus always testing this and that. So, one would have no choice but to 'test' iMessage on BlackBerry

You know what they say, "Don't knock it till you've tried it..."
    paper_monkey and AMorris71 like this.
    10-31-13 06:32 AM
    I don't think there's much danger of iMessage coming to legacy BB devices, so you'll never need to even consider it.
    10-31-13 06:47 AM
    I highly doubt you would ever see Apple create a version of iMessage for any other platform, as it would contradict and negate their closed garden strategy. It would have been like Microsoft designing Internet Explorer for OS/2 back in the day.
    Or apple designing itunes for windows?
    paper_monkey likes this.
    10-31-13 07:55 AM
    Pre-BBMx I would have, but the people who have iphones that I would instant message with have all installed BBM, so I don't need it - and I prefer BBM (FWIW, I only have iMessage on my iPad, I don't have an iPhone). That said, if FaceTime came before BBMx has voice and video chat, I'd install that.
    Having never used iMessage I would definitely give it a try, see what it's like but if they made FaceTime available I would get that in a heart beat.. would mean my kids could video chat with my parents and with their aunt and uncle. They can (and do) video chat with my inlaws on our PlayBook but they also see them basically every other day so it's not as helpful as keeping in touch with the others they see less often (who are predominantly iPeople)
    10-31-13 07:56 AM
    I don't know anyone with an iphone that i would ever text and I have no interest in anything apple anyways, so absolutely not.
    Alphax45 and Ben1232 like this.
    10-31-13 08:13 AM
    Id give it a try, only if it didnt turn out to be a data hog
    paper_monkey likes this.
    10-31-13 08:15 AM
    No. I've seen too many instances where a device or number change on an iPhone has caused your messages to go to an unintended party.
    Alphax45 likes this.
    10-31-13 09:34 AM
    If I can message everyone, not just other bb and iPhone users, yes. If not, no.
    10-31-13 09:49 AM
    That would be lame. To much chat platforms already with same features and functions, bbm stand out because of its security features. What does Imessage can offer that bbm doesn't have? If imessage can teleport your chatmate why not?!

#IChooseBlackBerry10 | Posted via My BlackBerry Q10 (SQN 100-3 v.10.1.0.4181) - Powered by Globe Telecom Philippines
    10-31-13 09:57 AM
    Without question... Yes!!
    10-31-13 10:09 AM
147 12345 ...