I'd convince my family and friend to use the better one .. and in that case it wouldn't be iMessage
    10-30-13 04:52 PM
    ditto!!! why wouldn't you! its a tool to communicate easier
    10-30-13 05:18 PM
    Why would you want to do that? The friends I have with IPhone all use WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 05:21 PM
    No Imessage is garbage, might as well text.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    10-30-13 05:22 PM
    Sure, I'd install it so soon as it's available. Why shouldn't I install it?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 05:23 PM
    Never want an iPhone but do get frustrated that my apple account & iMessage is only accessible on my apple devices like my MacBook & iPad.. Would be convenient if iMessage could be installed on my Q10
    10-30-13 06:44 PM
    No I would not want to install it at all because I would want to know if I am going to pay for this message or not. iMessage does not allow me to know if I am going to send a free text or pay for it.

The other reason is that it has no features like WhatsApp or BBM
    10-30-13 07:17 PM
    no reason too
    10-30-13 07:26 PM
    iMessage does not allow me to know if I am going to send a free text or pay for it.
    Actually this is not true. I think the send button is a different color for an SMS vs. an iMessage.

I do wonder, though, what happens when a recipient iOS user swaps their SIM out, and does it often. Does iMessage notify the sender each time? Basically, how good is their device detection?
    10-30-13 07:34 PM
    Actually this is not true. I think the send button is a different color for an SMS vs. an iMessage.

I do wonder, though, what happens when a recipient iOS user swaps their SIM out, and does it often. Does iMessage notify the sender each time? Basically, how good is their device detection?
    Is it true? So I get to choose if I want to send an SMS or iMessage?

I think the device detection is not reliable as I read that there are a lot of people who switched from iPhone cannot get SMS from their friends using iPhone. In the same light I think most people don't even know if they are sending SMS or iMessage.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 07:42 PM
    I don't know if you get to choose on a message to message or even an individual to individual basis, but there may be a global setting to turn the iMessage feature on or off. Maybe an iOS user (and there are plenty here) could shed some more light.
    10-30-13 07:56 PM
    For what? Then I'd have to install all their other apps unlike BBM which is an all in one app.
    10-30-13 08:10 PM
    No I would not want to install it at all because I would want to know if I am going to pay for this message or not. iMessage does not allow me to know if I am going to send a free text or pay for it.

The other reason is that it has no features like WhatsApp or BBM
    iMessage is just like BBM except it can be contacted at different addresses like email, apple account, & or phone number if you own an iPhone.. Therefore, it would never cost just as a BBM is free.. Both instant messaging not SMS
    10-30-13 08:11 PM
    Yes, FaceTime too
    10-30-13 08:14 PM
    None of my iPhone use it ! Everyone uses WhatsApp !
    10-30-13 08:46 PM

I think the device detection is not reliable as I read that there are a lot of people who switched from iPhone cannot get SMS from their friends using iPhone. In the same light I think most people don't even know if they are sending SMS or iMessage.

Posted via CB10
    If you sent an SMS the button and conversation is green and the iMessage is blue. You would be fully aware of it. If you turn off iMessage you would just sent a regular text message and there is absolutely no problem with people receiving it.
    10-30-13 09:02 PM
    Definitely, iMessage has a nifty mic tab at the bottom and you just press it, speak your text hit done and send off as text.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 09:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    This happened to me fir a bit

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    10-30-13 09:11 PM
    iMessage is just like BBM except it can be contacted at different addresses like email, apple account, & or phone number if you own an iPhone.. Therefore, it would never cost just as a BBM is free.. Both instant messaging not SMS
    But can you video chat and make audio calls on iMessage? Nope you gotta use a different app.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 09:28 PM
    But can you video chat and make audio calls on iMessage? Nope you gotta use a different app.

Posted via CB10
    So what?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:40 PM
    No ... I cannot trust apple... They'll sell each detail to make profits...
    BBM and WhatsApp are better and more mature...

Posted via the awesome keyboard on Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791 using CB10 App
    10-30-13 10:46 PM
    I think this is a fair question, considering that as a BB user I am asking my ios friends to install BBM. So, if it were reversed what would you do?
    Since all my interactions with Apple users has been on FaceTime (using my iMac), I wouldn't install it for the features.
    But for my curiosity, I would definitely have it on my device for some time.
    If it won't suit my purpose, it will just lie on my device like the other apps that I downloaded and haven't deleted (cleaning time is coming up soon).

If I like it and/or it serves a purpose, I will definitely keep it....

LP&HG
    10-30-13 10:47 PM
    If imessage was open, it would prolly be on android, not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:53 PM
    No, I don't like how it ties up your mobile phone number and then makes it near-impossible to remove your phone number from their list.
    Impossible? You just sign out. Settings > Messages > Tap ID > Turn off iMessage or Sign Out.
    10-30-13 10:54 PM
    Of course it does... you can even turn off SMS texting... However, iMessage let's you know if the recipient has iMessage turned on before you even send the message... but if it were on BB it probably wouldn't handle SMS anyway, just like BBM doesn't handle it on iOS.
    10-30-13 11:04 PM
147 1234 ...