I'm curious if I have an android phone with a pin and decided to swap into another android...can I keep the same pin number?

Thanks in advance!
    10-22-13 11:17 PM
    i am not completely sure about this but I am assuming you would since the pin is tied to your BlackBerry ID you created to use BBM and not to the device itself
    neoberry99 likes this.
    10-22-13 11:20 PM
    I'm not sure you keep your pin, but you would definitely keep your contacts... I thought pin was tied to the device itself? I may be wrong though.

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    neoberry99 likes this.
    10-22-13 11:23 PM
    I don't think you can keep your PIN. As far as I know though, this is not a problem because:
    1. BlackBerry automatically and silently updates your contacts' phones with your new PIN.
    2. You don't lose any contacts when you move to a new phone, provided you tell BBM your BlackBerry ID.

That is one of the cool things about BBM.

BBQ10
    neoberry99 and shads77 like this.
    10-22-13 11:26 PM
    I'm not sure you keep your pin, but you would definitely keep your contacts... I thought pin was tied to the device itself? I may be wrong though.

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    This true for BlackBerry devices

I don't think you can keep your PIN. As far as I know though, this is not a problem because:
    1. BlackBerry automatically and silently updates your contacts' phones with your new PIN.
    2. You don't lose any contacts when you move to a new phone, provided you tell BBM your BlackBerry ID.

That is one of the cool things about BBM.

BBQ10
    1 is true for BlackBerry Devices

Now the thing here is that we do not know if, for Android and IOS devices BlackBerry is keeping the pin tied to the Device itself or assigning a PIN to your BBID, i guess we will find out soon enough though
    10-22-13 11:31 PM
    Your PIN is tied to your BBID not your device.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 11:34 PM
    Your PIN is tied to your BBID not your device.

Posted via CB10
    Is this for Android and IOS? because with BlackBerry devices is tied to the Device itself
    10-22-13 11:40 PM
    Sorry I misunderstood...all your contacts and BBM info is tied to you BBID. If you change devices you maintain everything because your BBID doesn't change. Now will you get a new PIN for new invites...not sure. But it doesn't matter to your existing contacts. Just don't tatto it would be my advice. :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:12 AM
    No. Your PIN will change.
    When you install BBM on a non-BB device a random generated PIN is assigned (also when you reinstall on the same device).
    10-24-13 07:07 PM