But it happened. My very active, several dozen person large BBM group of close friends rebelled and move the group over to Telegram. Reasons cited? Less glitchy for iPhone and Android users.

Telegram is a very large potential threat to BBM. Its touting top of the line security, in a free forever model, with no ads.

Can someone find me proof that it's crap? They're all convinced I'm just a BlackBerry holdout. But Telegram can't be all that is says it is. And if it is, then BBM is screwed.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    12-03-14 08:33 PM
    Never even heard of it. Wire is just out too. Whatsapp has been a leader. Kik, and many others. Google and see what you can find, but there's nothing truly secure in cross platform messaging. You can read more here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...l#post11133414
    12-03-14 10:24 PM
    Stop being the BB equivalent of iSheep. People can think for themselves.

Speaking from my experience with BlackBerry Z10 for over one year. BBM is a mediocre platform. Even my friends who have Z10s prefer WhatsApp over BBM. The only good thing about it in my book is that it uses a pin code instead of your phone number and that is it.

The group chat is a mess. Massages appear out of order. Constant vibrating and buzzing even though I am looking straight at the group chat. Sending attachments in group chats is not intuitive.

Clearing shared list items in group chats is a random affair at best.

Once you have a few screen's length worth of chat lines the app becomes jittery when opening or switching between chats.

And my biggest gripe with it is the timestamp of the received messages. It should be the TS of sending the message so at least you know if you should ignore old messages that was sent to you from early last night but you had just received them because the greatest business mobile phone decided to switch itself off without you noticing.

Never mind BBM on windows phones. It is really embarrassing. For example received images will be flipped once you open them. It just strange bugs that shows how much BBM team care for their users.

I seriously can't recommend BlackBerry or BBM to anyone. Definitely not to someone who care to be reached any time all the time.

I know 4 people all with Z10s and finding your Z10 locked in your pocket because of a sudden restart is not really a rare occurrence.

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia and Thesmartmale like this.
    12-04-14 07:35 AM

Speaking from my experience with BlackBerry Z10 for over one year. BBM is a mediocre platform. Even my friends who have Z10s prefer WhatsApp over BBM. The only good thing about it in my book is that it uses a pin code instead of your phone number and that is it.

The group chat is a mess. Massages appear out of order. Constant vibrating and buzzing even though I am looking straight at the group chat. Sending attachments in group chats is not intuitive.

Once you have a few screen's length worth of chat lines the app becomes jittery when opening or switching between chats.

And my biggest gripe with it is the timestamp of the received messages. It should be the TS of sending the message so at least you know if you should ignore old messages that was sent to you from early last night but you had just received them because the greatest business mobile phone decided to switch itself off without you noticing.

Never mind BBM on windows phones. It is really embarrassing. For example received images will be flipped once you open them. It just strange bugs that shows how much BBM team care for their users.

I seriously can't recommend BlackBerry or BBM to anyone. Definitely not to someone who care to be reached any time all the time.

I know 4 people all with Z10s and finding your Z10 locked in your pocket because of a sudden restart is not really a rare occurrence.

Posted via CB10
    Funny how your user experience has been nothing like mine. User error perhaps? My post was an invitation for people to find articles about the problems with Telegram, not an invitation for your whining.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    12-04-14 03:47 PM
    Windows phone BBM experience needs much improving. The rest of that rant is far from the norm.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-04-14 04:15 PM
    Windows phone BBM experience needs much improving. The rest of that rant is far from the norm.
    Isn't windows phone BBM still a beta?

12-04-14 04:18 PM
    According to these guys, it's not as secure as they claim:

Crypto Fails ? Telegram's Cryptanalysis Contest

Telegram, AKA ?Stand back, we have Math PhDs!? ? Unhandled expression

I don't understand everything they're talking about, but there has been a discussion between the authors and the Telegram devs for a while. Keep in mind that Telegram's popularity makes it more open for criticism. There are many other secure app alternatives out there, and their lack of popularity means you won't be reading as much about them as you would about Telegram.

Telegram got lucky and received a large number of subscribers during Whatsapp's server outage when Whatsapp transitioned to Facebook ownership.

Also, take a look at this for a comparison between BBM and other apps:

https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard

I personally don't fully agree with their scorecard and feel that it is favoring open source code. There are pros and cons to both, really. Take a look at Wickr. It scored low, but it's one of the few (or only) apps that don't require ANY information when you register, has end-to-end encryption, and they've been audited by at least one or two auditors.

TextSecure is a great option too, but unfortunately, it's not cross-platform yet. I'd consider it if I am able to use it to communicate with iPhone users.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=976826

Stop being the BB equivalent of iSheep.
    I am trying to think of a nice name.

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1016
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-04-14 04:23 PM
    Isn't windows phone BBM still a beta?

There's still a beta, but it went official a week ago.

BBM | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    12-04-14 04:30 PM
    There's still a beta, but it went official a week ago.

BBM | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Ok. Cause I'm the part of the beta and thus wasn't sure as I still get beta emails.

12-04-14 04:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree unfortunately,BBM is losing, losing a lot, a lot of my friends are switching back to Whatsapp because BBM is just not fast enough in providing the basic features needed and group chats are just a mess I'm not gonna say more

The Z10 stability is a whole another story with the extremely unstable HUB

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:39 PM
    Free forever model w/ no ads.... lol.

Only the naive would believe that it's free.

They will probably sell your chat data.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:46 PM