Recently I moved abroad, and I changed my number. I also changed the number in my Whatsapp account, and that's it. All people on my contacts has to know my new number to contact me. My friend too. He moved to Japan, and I can't contact him again because he changed his number! Very frustrating? It is different with BBM. We don't lose contacts very easily. Even if when we change our device, our phone number, or our device get stolen.

What do you think? Or you guys have another opinion? Please share. :-D
    SurajBH likes this.
    10-12-14 03:20 AM
    I prefer BBM because as a messaging platform you have more options. It provides a better experience with more functionality. In addition to being cross platform, it also does not require you to give away your phone number.

Posted via CB10
    SurajBH likes this.
    10-12-14 03:28 AM
    I prefer BBM because as a messaging platform you have more options. It provides a better experience with more functionality. In addition to being cross platform, it also does not require you to give away your phone number.

Posted via CB10
    True. What you've said. Integration with a PIN or an ID is not a disadvantage, but longer time, an advantage.
    10-12-14 03:36 AM
    BBM is the way to go!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-12-14 03:36 AM
    You can actually change your account number in Whatsapp, it will transfer all your group and notify members in those groups about the change.
    10-12-14 04:13 AM
    You can actually change your account number in Whatsapp, it will transfer all your group and notify members in those groups about the change.
    True. I did that. All of the people in the group is notified. But those who are not, would not know.
    10-12-14 04:53 AM
    I like BBM better you don't have to have my phone number to be a contact -- and also because my messages aren't being mined by Facebook

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    SurajBH likes this.
    10-12-14 09:58 AM
    The things I like about Bbm is the deliver read thing and not needing to give out my phone number the things I don't like are that you need to accept a video before it uploads so if I send a video and then shut my phone and then the guy accepts it it will give him an error. And voice notes are not good in comparison to whatsapp (you can't put the phone to you're ear to listen. You can't see if the person listened to it. It's not easy to see who sent it and who received it) so to sum it up I like both I find Bbm much better for conversations and privacy and whatsapp much better for multimedia

Posted via the awesome power of BlackBerry 10 on one of my lovely devices probably my beautiful beast called Z30 or my great Q10 or my lovely Z10
    10-12-14 10:56 AM
    More privacy with BBM..

Posted via CB10 with Z10
    10-13-14 04:24 AM
    The delivered and read feature is the only major difference for me.

I use both.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 11:32 AM
    I agree with OP. Especially for people traveling a lot, BBM is a lot better to use than WhatsApp.

I prefer BBM for the following reasons:

- Device bound rather than number bound
    - Delivered / Read indicators
    - Compressed images for lower roaming data transfer (need to manually request HQ)
    - Cooler emojis
    - BBM Voice is great
    - Perfectly integrated into BB10
    - Possibility to share a status via Twitter
    SurajBH likes this.
    10-31-14 06:10 PM