Hello,

First of all excuse me for my bad english, I'm french.

I would have a question because I don't understand something.

My fiancee has a Bold 9900. I have an iPhone 5. We communicate together by BBM. I heard that the PIN for BBM was for unique phone. So if I understand her Bold 9900 has a PIN and my iPhone has a PIN.

My fiancee wants to buy a BB Q10. Her new phone will have a new PIN. Until then I understand.

But she will sell her Bold 9900. The new user will use his Blackberry ID but he will have the same PIN? So if all the contacts from my fiancee send him a message without they know she has a new phone, that will be the new user who will receive the BBMessages ?

Similarly, if one day I change my iPhone for a Z30 for example, the person that I have sold my iPhone will have my PIN, so all my contacts can talk with this person? I find it very strange and not very good security ! No ? I'm right ? Wrong ?

Thank you enlighten me ...

Regards,

Guillaume

Envoy de mon iPhone l'aide de CB Forums
    02-13-14 07:47 PM
    The contacts and settings follow the BBID not the PIN. The PIN is only used to share with people to add as a contact while you are using that particular phone since the PIN is assigned to you and not the phone. If you move BBM from iPhone 5 to lets say a new iPhone 5s I think it might follow you. But if you move from any BlackBerry to another the pin stays with the phone and the new pin of the new phone is assigned to your BBID. When you sign in to your BBID, be it on a BlackBerry or BBM for iPhone/Android your contacts and favourite channels will load up on your new device. No information is saved to the old device after it has been factory restored. Your friends will still see you on BBM but now when they look at your PIN it will have changed to the new device. Your old PIN will be assigned to the phone's new owner.
    02-13-14 07:59 PM
    Thank you for your answer! So everything is done transparently. My fiancee's contacts will not know her PIN changes and will not have to add she again. They will not see the difference. Is that correct?

But suddenly, another question: if for example she decides not to use BBM? She sells Bold 9900 to someone, but does not activate BBM on her new phone. What will happen if her contacts did not know she no longer uses BBM send her BBM messages ?

Envoy de mon iPad l'aide de CB Forums
    02-14-14 01:40 AM
    Thank you for your answer! So everything is done transparently. My fiancee's contacts will not know her PIN changes and will not have to add she again. They will not see the difference. Is that correct?

But suddenly, another question: if for example she decides not to use BBM? She sells Bold 9900 to someone, but does not activate BBM on her new phone. What will happen if her contacts did not know she no longer uses BBM send her BBM messages ?

It will come with only a tick and after some time the server will give a red x.
    02-14-14 01:47 AM

First thing first, make sure you wipe the phone before selling or disposing it.
    If your fiance does not activate BBM, she will have to inform her contacts so that they will not be surprised when they see a change of name on BBM.
    When her contacts sends a message to her BBM, they will get a message to invite the owner of the pin.

#iChoose10series
    02-14-14 01:57 AM
    Thank you for these information. I find this process very strange and not easy. Why BB does not associate a PIN to BB ID? It would be much easier!

Envoy de mon iPhone l'aide de CB Forums
    02-14-14 05:55 AM