I think that's another bug, because my Glympse seems okay.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:53 AM
    I've also noticed that I can create a group but that none of my invites are getting through...is anyone else still having a hellish time with BBM, or have your issues sorted themselves out?

Posted via CB10
    I still do have a hellish time, in particular with retaining my iOS BBM friends, who are totally p***ed off, because the current version still has the bugs they complained about since the release of XBBM. Actually they urge me to re-install Whatsapp because they do no longer want to mess with BBM.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 03:20 AM
    I do wonder if all of this is partly the result of staff cuts at BlackBerry. Chen obviously sees the numbers, and is surely aware of the complaints and the real reason BBMx isn't taking off. I really hope he turns his attention to this now. BBM is an app, but also an ambassador for BlackBerry. It needs to work, and work well, in order for BlackBerry's brand image and culture to properly turn in the right direction.

We are also into the summer when Voice was supposed to be coming x platform. I'm not sure I want it anymore if it's not going to work. We are far better off working on fixing all the problems with BBMx as is, rather than bringing something else into the mix that is going to be full of bugs.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 05:10 AM
    I think that's another bug, because my Glympse seems okay.

Posted via CB10

Most definitely a bug. Makes no sense that one would have to open the BBM app to send a Glympse. What's the purpose of the HUB if the BBM conversation is taking place there and then you have to exit out of that, click on the BBM app, find the contact, and then go through same "send attachment" steps again just to send a Glympse?
    06-21-14 10:15 AM
    Most definitely a bug. Makes no sense that one would have to open the BBM app to send a Glympse. What's the purpose of the HUB if the BBM conversation is taking place there and then you have to exit out of that, click on the BBM app, find the contact, and then go through same "send attachment" steps again just to send a Glympse?
    The only bug is.. if you have "always show keyboard enabled"...

"to exit out of that," (the hub)
    No, you don't have to exit out of anything

"click on the BBM app,"
    Again, no you don't

"find the contact, "
    Once again no you don't.

"and then go through same "send attachment" steps again just to send a Glympse?"
    This is the only bug and only happens if "always show keyboard" is enabled. If it is disabled, you don't have to do this either.

As I previously said, it was reported that the bbm via the hub was unable to handle glympse efficiently, (hub would lag and location wouldn't update consistently) whereas running glympse from the bbm app worked properly. [QUOTE]
    06-21-14 10:29 AM
    Lags and more lags i am experiencing
    06-21-14 10:32 AM
    I have a z30 and battery life has always been two days. looked at it tonight after 8 hours since last charge and down to 20%. Checked apps and bbm is using 45% of cpu and gobbling up the battery. I never use bbm. is there anyway to delete it as it doesn't show the cross when I highlight it. or how do I stop this terrible battery drain, it only seems to have started today and I haven't done anything different.

Update have rebooted a couple of times and it seems to have cleared it now. still think there should be an option to delete though.
    Last edited by janhsmn; 06-21-14 at 01:55 PM.
    06-21-14 01:38 PM
    I suppose we can guess it is the update, but can't be sure ?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:44 PM
    [QUOTE=nah.uhh;10500762]The only bug is.. if you have "always show keyboard enabled"...

"to exit out of that," (the hub)
    No, you don't have to exit out of anything

"click on the BBM app,"
    Again, no you don't

"find the contact, "
    Once again no you don't.

"and then go through same "send attachment" steps again just to send a Glympse?"
    This is the only bug and only happens if "always show keyboard" is enabled. If it is disabled, you don't have to do this either.

As I previously said, it was reported that the bbm via the hub was unable to handle glympse efficiently, (hub would lag and location wouldn't update consistently) whereas running glympse from the bbm app worked properly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct now, I don't have to choose a contact. But I still have to click on the "Open BBM" button in order to send a Glympse.

I don't have the "Always Show Keyboard" option set to "On". It's set to "Off". The only thing in my BBM settings set to "On" is "Show Display Pictures". It's been like that since day 1 of owning my Z30. I run official releases as well. No leaks.
    Last edited by u4ria; 06-21-14 at 01:54 PM. Reason: It's behaving differently today than it was last night.
    06-21-14 01:46 PM
    I think we can generally figure out whether or not something is a bug.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 02:51 PM
    You only have to check out the reviews on BlackBerry World to see the latest update isn't working

Posted with my Z10
    06-21-14 04:30 PM
    Yeah. I really wonder what discussions are like at BlackBerry when thinking about BBMx. They must know what's happening...surely? You know, it's really hard to say. History has shown time and again that no one is immune to stupidity. Even the brightest people can make the oddest and poorest decisions at times.

BBMx is obviously a more complex app than WhatsApp, so the challenge of getting it right shouldn't be underestimated, but the way these updates are planned seems odd. It would seem better to release them in beta phases so that people are a bit more tolerant of bugs. It's a small PR gimmick, but it would be better than simply announcing 'super-secure' BBM, and having consumer BBMx users angry and perplexed when the photos they send end up being delivered to the wrong contacts. That bug in particular I find troubling. We don't need a genuis's imagination to see how that could go terribly wrong.

Anyway...still rooting for BlackBerry, and still waiting around for a fix to my buggy BBM...and I'm on a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 04:52 PM
    It's a bit low when my lad has bbm on his HTC, And it works better than mine on a Z10!! Emailed the support team on Thursday about the problems. Still waiting for a reply

Posted with my Z10
    06-21-14 05:00 PM
    Video chat ain't working any more on my fone!

Posted via my favorite candy bar Z10 os 10.3.0.442
    06-21-14 05:03 PM
    I emailed as well, but nothing back yet...

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 06:41 PM
    I just finished using BBM on an iPhone 5. WOW - it sucks. It needs to be opened three or four times in order to work, and then the chats disappear, and then they reappear...it's no wonder so many people are still laughing at BBM. WhatsCrap is simple, but it does generally work properly.

This is the first time I've experienced first hand how awful BBMx is for many people. I used to get a bit annoyed that one of my contacts took ages to respond, but today I saw why - my messages trigger a notification, but as often as not they don't actually show up until ages later!

What I would like to know is whether eBBM is likely to be any better, and why? I think I'll open a new thread for that question as I'm very interested in hearing people's views.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 05:37 AM
    BBM for iOS was released in October or November 2013, if I remember correctly.
    The issues that we complain about (sometimes no notifications, or notifications but no message, or long delays until messages arrive, disappearing/reappearing chats etc.) have been noticed and documented since day 1 of BBM for iOS.
    As per today, a felt 7 or 8 new releases of BBM for iOS were rolled out - and all these problems are still there!

They ONLY reason for a company not fixing obvious and well known bugs in one of their products, even though they released several new versions is this: THEY CANNOT FIX IT, BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW!

Which does not make me feel very confident about even more complex products like eBBM.
    06-22-14 06:33 AM
    You have a refreshing grasp on common sense. I think I agree with you there. That's why I'm quite concerned regarding BBM Protected, etc. People are upset now by BBM...as I said, when they are actually paying good money for it...well, fingers crossed, I guess.

PS - still haven't heard back from BlackBerry regarding numerous bugs on my Z10...

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 06:43 AM
    Crap bbm, i know why whatsapp is more popular: sending pictures in whatsapp is easy as hell, bbm never delivers them, or it takes a year for them to arrive.....crap bbm
    07-04-14 05:08 AM
    Lost another iOS contact today - said she was just absolutely fed up with BBM. She will not be downloading it again any time soon.

What I am hoping is that BBM for Windows ends up working perfectly.

If that happens, and the Android version is tidied up and works great, at least we would be able to say that BBM works on everything but iOS.

That being said, it's still not even working properly on my BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 12:49 PM
    In my case, not even that would help.
    I only have one friend who has a Windos phone. He is not too keen on trying BBM out, after all that he heard from my other friends.
    2 of my BBM friends are on Android, and BBM seems to work Ok-ish for them. At least I have not heard a lot of complaints from them, unlike from the iOS users.
    All other BBM friends of mine who have not yet uninstalled BBM are on iOS. There are 5 left from a former 25 or so. The 5 are mainly my family who think I'll get upset if they uninstall (which I won't, but I'm not gonna tell them;-)).

For all the former BBM users who uninstalled, BBM became a kind of a joke or synonym for something being ridiculously bad. I know this is not entirely justified, but everybody who understands group dynamics will know where this comes from. So I avoid the topic of BBM when meeting them or talking to them. Imagine if this is what just happened in my circle of friends, which consequences will the "BBM-effect" have on a larger scale?

I think it's game over.

If there was a serious native alternative on BB10 (WHatsapp not being one for me), even I would make the change. And, I have to consider what my next phone will be, because I want to have access to a messenger that does its job.
    07-04-14 04:26 PM
    Last night I had dinner with one of my last iOS/BBM friends who not yet uninstalled BBM - only because he wanted to do me a favour. His opinion on BBM on iOS is not very positive - let's put it that way. He had the latest iOS version installed. Both of us had the latest BBM versions installed, an reception (3G and WiFi) was very strong. He on an iPhone, I on a Q5. Here is what we found:

BBM on iOS not running, iPhone locked, screen off. The messages I sent never got delivered. My display stayed on grey all time. He got no notification at all. No banner, not on the BBM icon. Once he started BBM and tapped on the (now arrived) message, my display turned to blue/green relatively quick.

BBM on iOS running, iPhone locked, screen off. The message I sent got deliverd rather quickly. A banner notifcation arrived at the lock screen. When unlocking the iPhone by swiping, the BBM icon showed a notification. Unlocking the phone by tapping the banner made BBM open and display the message directly.

BBM on iOS not running, iPhone locked, screen off. when sending multiple messages to the iPhone, without opening them right after they arrived, opening BBM at a later point in time turned into a complete mess. First of all, a VERY old message, that was already read some time ago, was displayed as new. Then, after tapping on this old message, newer messages got displayed for fractions of seconds, got scrolled up and down, in apparently no logical order (maybe there was but the messages jumped around too quickly to understand what was going on), until suddenly the display stopped at an suspectedly correct place, with the (probably?) latest message being displayed at the bottom of the screen.

We tested the same scenarios with Whatsapp. All messages were delivered quickly and in the right order, regardless of one or multiple messages were sent, and all notifications (banner and icon) always appeared instantly and correctly, regardless of Whatsapp running in the background or not.

So if this was not known already, it is now absolutely clear and without any doubt proven that BBM on iOS is broken, and does not behave properly. And, these issues are not small bugs, but severe issues, which make BBM on iOS be unreliable, therefore not usable in its current state.

THe only workaround is to always keep it open in the background, and to read each message right after its arrival. Which is not really practical for a messenger. And, typically, workarounds are only being accepted by people who really really want to use a product, and just want to bridge a small gap between now and the producer of the product fixing a known problem. Users who don't care about BBM, who have properly working alternatives, and who only installed BBM to do their BB friends a favour, do not want to mess with workarounds. They just uninstall and don't come back.

As stated before multiple times already: these issues have been on since the release of BBMx, about 8 months ago. And BB has not been able to fix these problems until today.

I'm tired of further commenting on what this means for me and my friends (unimportant, just one private user with a handful of friends who cannot communicate properly) and BB on a larger scale (maybe more important, global loss of trust and reputation) - because it was mentioned here over and over again, without any real movement.
    07-06-14 06:22 AM
    My bbm is sluggish on my z30 and I get the spinning blue circle when opening it up from active frames?? How do I uninstal and reinstall bbm?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 07:01 PM
    You can't. My BBM (on my Z10) has been broken for months. Guess we have to wait for the next update.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 03:01 AM
    One of my iOS BBM friends just told me that suddenly he got a new message notification displayed on the BBM icon, although BBM was closed and not running in the background. As there was no new version released for iOS, there are only 2 possible explanations imho:

1. coincidence. The bug is intermittent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    2. the bug was on the BBM server side and got fixed there.

It would be nice to get an idea of what is/was going on. Can we now finally rely on BBM on iOS or still not?
    We'll have to wait and see, as always, I'm afraid. And hope that there will at least be a few users left, once this thing will no longer cause problems.
    07-22-14 07:02 AM
112 ... 2345