I hope they are at least working on it. I suppose they will not want to announce that a fix is coming because it would draw attention to the problem, but in the meantime I reckon a not entirely insignificant number of people will dump BBM. They'll also likely have very negative things to tell others.

This 'Run, Stumble, Crawl, Fall on face' way of doing things is really not ideal...

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    06-18-14 11:24 AM
    I found some weird phenomenon with BBM group too. We use a lot of lists in BBM group for grocery lists or TODO lists. When adding and saving a new item to a list I noticed some or at least one Completed item was unchecked.

My BBM version is 10.3.33.18.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    06-18-14 11:30 AM
    I found some weird phenomenon with BBM group too. We use a lot of lists in BBM group for grocery lists or TODO lists. When adding and saving a new item to a list I noticed some or at least one Completed item was unchecked.

My BBM version is 10.3.33.18.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    Add it to the pile of BBM nonsense...

If BlackBerry don't fix this within a week, I'm probably just going to download WhatsCrap again. If I do, that will be seven more users deleting BBM, because I'm their only contact and there won't be any point anymore. I'm just tired of defending this stuff. I used to be one of the reality deniers, but the fact is that BlackBerry really are unreliable. It's sad, but obvious.

BlackBerry used to have so many loyal supporters. Almost all those I know who have gone to Apple and Android say the same thing: they used to love BlackBerry, but things are always messing up and they just want something that works. I'm not saying the other platforms don't have issues, and I've never used them, but I really wish we could get some stability, and a reason to feel comfortable promoting BlackBerry for free.

06-18-14 11:59 AM
    Add it to the pile of BBM nonsense...

If BlackBerry don't fix this within a week, I'm probably just going to download WhatsCrap again. If I do, that will be seven more users deleting BBM, because I'm their only contact and there won't be any point anymore. I'm just tired of defending this stuff. I used to be one of the reality deniers, but the fact is that BlackBerry really are unreliable. It's sad, but obvious.

BlackBerry used to have so many loyal supporters. Almost all those I know who have gone to Apple and Android say the same thing: they used to love BlackBerry, but things are always messing up and they just want something that works. I'm not saying the other platforms don't have issues, and I've never used them, but I really wish we could get some stability, and a reason to feel comfortable promoting BlackBerry for free.

I am in EXACTLY the same situation as you.

The new BBM version is so bad and unreliable, that those of my few iOS friends who are still left, have asked me today to consider going back to WA, because they do no longer want to waste their times to figure out, if BBM just happens to work, and if not, why, and what else to do. They said they just kept it on their phones to do me a personal favour, but now they reached a point where they thought they did enough to please me and did no longer want to mess with something they called "incredibly buggy" and "cumbersome to operate".

They just had enough, and I am afraid I will no longer be able to keep them motivated for BBM. What a shame.

P.S. for me, this means, that I do now have to start looking for alternatives. I do absolutely not feel like givong my phonebook data back to Suckerberg - but there are no true alternatives available for BB. There is BBM, WA, and all other messengers are ports, if my information is correct. I'm not going to install messengers as ports.

Will I have to take the plunge? I hope not, but what are the alternatives?
    06-18-14 02:29 PM
    I have had no issues whatsoever with new bbm update and dont experience any of these issues! Not sure why your having this problem. Have you tried reloading phone!?
    06-18-14 02:44 PM
    Not every single phone is having problems. It's just loads of phones which are having problems lol.

BlackBerry are so focused on doing enterprise acrobatics and they aren't even tying their shoelaces properly.

They have done this consistently. They release a mess and then try to clean it up. This update and BBM Protected was released early...Chen and Co tried to be sexy for the press and have made a total mess of it.

It takes a while to build a good rep, and very little time to ruin it. BlackBerry are not only disrespecting the consumer sector, but showing that amateur hour goes on and on.

The thing I find pathetic is that BlackBerry keep pretending they are going back to their roots and those who love them, when the reality is that BlackBerry had to slink out of the consumer party because they couldn't dance, wore ugly clothes, and we're being laughed at. As a fairly die hard fan, I've found that embarrassing.

I actually love BBM - just get the damn thing to work! Anyway...mine is still not working properly, but Toy Story is back in my stickers somehow, even though not being registered as purchased lol

06-18-14 03:06 PM
    I have had no issues whatsoever with new bbm update and dont experience any of these issues! Not sure why your having this problem. Have you tried reloading phone!?
    You had no issues with BBM.
    Does that mean, that like me, you have several iOS BBM friends, who you communicate with on a regular basis, and they between each others, and all of them are perfectly happy with stability, reliability and ease of use of BBM on iOS?
    06-18-14 03:13 PM
    What is your point, exactly?

06-18-14 03:16 PM
    Haven't seen the issues described to date, but it's definitely not as smooth as the previous iteration, I'll give it that.

Seems a bit laggy and jumpy. Overall still ok though.
    06-18-14 03:19 PM
    Folks, it makes no sense saying 'hey, everything is fine over here'... the question is whether a significant number of people are having the problem.

I'm just one person, but one person who has lost two contacts in a day, both of whom live in completely different places. That's on addition to a number of others who are complaining.

06-18-14 03:22 PM
    What is your point, exactly?

Asking me?
    06-18-14 04:19 PM
    I thought I was
    06-18-14 04:43 PM
    I thought I was
    And I didn't understand what was unclear.
    I thought I responded to a guy who told me to reload my phone, after I wrote about losing my iOS BBM friends because the new BBM version was so buggy.
    06-18-14 06:23 PM
    A thing that happened to me is that when i tried chat wallpaper my bbm crashed forever and had to downgrade through sachesi.. waiting for the next update
    Same happened here but a quick fix is to go to settings and reset wallpapers.

I hope Jeff is reading these threads, we get late updates and big bugs, Android gets early updates and bugs gets fixed within hours!!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 06:38 PM
    BBM update is just killing my battery!
    Today my Z30 was dead at the end of the workday, with BBM using 35% of the battery and I barely used it today.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 06:42 PM
    And I didn't understand what was unclear.
    I thought I responded to a guy who told me to reload my phone, after I wrote about losing my iOS BBM friends because the new BBM version was so buggy.
    Maybe I wasn't replying to you then - can't remember lol. Have a good one!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 06:54 AM
    Does anyone have a clue whether some of us are simply stuck with a broken BBM indefinitely? This sucks! My pictures are still being sent to the wrong people for gods sake...

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 01:28 AM
    Does anyone have a clue whether some of us are simply stuck with a broken BBM indefinitely? This sucks! My pictures are still being sent to the wrong people for gods sake...

Posted via CB10
    http://global.blackberry.com/secure/bbm-support/en.html
    06-20-14 03:50 AM
    Thanks very much!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 04:18 AM
    Well, thanks anyway, but BlackBerry's bug reporting site is buggy. Won't recognise my BlackBerry ID even though it's correct ( I logged in on my laptop just in case I'd gone insane). And this is also 'wrong' apparently...

HUGE BBM bugs after update ...-img_20140620_105559.png

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 04:58 AM
    Be sure to visit the link with the browser, not in cb10 browser. (tap&hold, right menu / open in browser)

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 07:32 AM
    Yeah, thanks. I did that. I have no idea why it didn't work. I'll try again on the laptop I guess.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:38 AM
    I've also noticed that I can create a group but that none of my invites are getting through...is anyone else still having a hellish time with BBM, or have your issues sorted themselves out?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 06:35 PM
    Not sure if this is a bug or whether it's a "feature" of the new BBM.

1. From the HUB, open up any current BBM conversation you're having
    2. Click on the paper clip to send a contact an attachment
    3. Choose G (Glympse)

Instead of the Glympse loading up, you'll be presented with a message that says "To send or change a Glympse, open BBM" and in the bottom right hand corner you'll have a button that is labelled "Open BBM".

WTF??? I'm already in a BBM conversation, and before I could just send a Glympse straight from the conversation. Why would I have to open the BBM app and then send a Glympse from there????
    06-20-14 11:19 PM
    Not sure if this is a bug or whether it's a "feature" of the new BBM.

1. From the HUB, open up any current BBM conversation you're having
    2. Click on the paper clip to send a contact an attachment
    3. Choose G (Glympse)

Instead of the Glympse loading up, you'll be presented with a message that says "To send or change a Glympse, open BBM" and in the bottom right hand corner you'll have a button that is labelled "Open BBM".

WTF??? I'm already in a BBM conversation, and before I could just send a Glympse straight from the conversation. Why would I have to open the BBM app and then send a Glympse from there????
    Someone said something about glympse didn't work reliably from the hub, but does from within the bbm app. Supposedly this is a fix to that issue.
    I don't use glympse though
    06-20-14 11:40 PM
112 12345