OK so here's the scoop. Today I requested my first HQ photo from a BlackBerry Messenger contact and it seemed to work fine. I posed and held the small image box in the chat, the HQ request icon came up in the drop down window and my contact immediately responded. Soon the almost 2MB version of the photo apparently landed in my BlackBerry Messenger. Here's the issue...no matter how I try, I can't save it to my device or my media card. Any tips? This is getting frustrating. I push and hold the image again and it asks me if I want to save and I choose the folder...and then...nothing. Help please!

Doug

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:06 PM
    Well that is how it is supposed to be done. I don't why it won't save?

When you open the picture you receive, are you clicking the overflow and save as?
    03-01-14 06:22 PM
    Yep...I've done that. I've pushed and held the small image and done it that way. I've changed the folder destination and I've even changed the name. And when I push save...nothing. It just doesn't seem to be saving anywhere. Any other thoughts? I have an 8GB media card that is only 20 per cent full so it isn't a storage issue. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:28 PM
    What do you mean by "nothing"?

I just tried it... and for some reason the pic never showed up on my "photos" app. But if I use file manager to view the folder, I can see the file there (no thumbnail for some reason.. just the grey box). It opens fine when I tap on it though.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:29 PM
    So I thought of using the file manager also. I just tried it and I did find the grey box you describe. But when I tap it, it says BlackBerry is unable to open. So now I'm wondering if it is an iPhone to BlackBerry issue as the original photo was taken with an iPhone and sent through BBM cross platform. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:44 PM
    Mine came from an Android BBM contact. Hmm... something isn't working entirely right even on my side considering it doesn't show the thumbnail or recognize it as a photo that should be included in the photo 'app'.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 07:21 PM
    I found an image I had received from an iOS contact, and I tried it. I noticed that the iOS device had tacked on a very long name on to it...

"BBM Camera February 22, 2014, 10_06_03 PM EST"

And when I saved it, it didn't even have a file extension. As expected I couldn't open it when I tapped on it. I renamed it (using file manager) as iosBBm.jpg and then it worked.

Very weird.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 07:27 PM
    I get photos from iphone users via BBM and they do save. Let me check again how I do it........
    03-01-14 07:28 PM
    AnimalPak,i noticed the name issue as well. I gave them shorter names when I went to save but didn't add extensions. Didn't work but now I'll go back and try as per your message. And now something odd again...I just took a photo with my camera and edited it. The edited image doesn't show up in my photos app. WTH??? These problems have never happened before. What gives? I know the BlackBerry photo filing system is weak and complex but this is just getting silly.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:17 PM
    Ok, just received a pic, requested HQ and saved in on my media card in a folder. Saved no problem, and shows up in thumbnail in pictures app as well.
    03-01-14 09:06 PM
    Then it is a mystery. Still having issues. Gah!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 09:08 PM
    Weird... I just took two photos with my Z10 and neither of them showed up on the photos app. I checked file manager and they are there but as grey boxes without thumbnails.

Wtf... wonder if it's date related. Worked fine yesterday.

Will try a restart...

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 09:44 PM
    Hooray, after the (soft) restart everything seems to be back to normal. The two pics I took with the Z10, the ones received from both the BBM android contact and BBM iOS contact now show up as expected on the photo app.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 09:56 PM
    Yay! Glad it's sorted. Doug, maybe you should try a reset?
    03-01-14 10:39 PM