It's all fun and great that BBM scales down photos to minimize data traffic but it gets to the point where some photos are annoyingly blurry.

Requesting a higher quality photo sends the full size photo in all of it's glory.

Is there any way to choose what size photo is initially sent? As in something along the lines of Basic, Small, Medium, Large, Full.
    11-07-13 01:18 PM
    Not as of now. My friend asked the same thing and the only response I told him is BBM scales down the photo, sends it, then gives you the option to request a higher quality image.
    11-07-13 01:28 PM
    Now that's exactly what I didn't want to hear
    11-07-13 06:07 PM
    Now that's exactly what I didn't want to hear
    It's at the receiver's request. When receiving a picture you want in better quality, press and hold it then on the context menu, tap the HQ icon.
    Then the sender receives a request to send HQ image. Therefore, you don't pay for unusefull data trafic.

That's BlackBerry style , that's brilliant and that's exactly how I like it !

*Edit: Michelle posted about it on the blog ... wait a minute ... ah yeah, here : How to request high quality images over BBM on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    11-07-13 06:23 PM
    Don't see what's wrong with the current system of Request HQ pic

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-07-13 08:38 PM
    Don't see what's wrong with the current system of Request HQ pic

Posted via CB10
    Indeed!
    People just want to complain about everything

Posted via CB10
    dslocumb likes this.
    11-07-13 08:39 PM
    Indeed!

Posted via CB10
    I hate that

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 08:45 PM
    Indeed!

Posted via CB10
    Highlight where I complained.
    11-08-13 10:50 AM
    I actually agree with the OP, they are way to horrible looking, they could certainly ease off the compression. Taking a 1mb file down to 12KB is excessive, I can only image how bad they are on a Z30. The problem with the HQ option is that the receiver has to ask for it, but most of the time they don't because the shots looks like balls in the first place. I think most people can spare a little more data, it's not 2002.
    rai187, solitude1984 and mugen27 like this.
    11-11-13 11:12 PM
    I actually agree with the OP, they are way to horrible looking, they could certainly ease off the compression. Taking a 1mb file down to 12KB is excessive, I can only image how bad they are on a Z30. The problem with the HQ option is that the receiver has to ask for it, but most of the time they don't because the shots looks like balls in the first place. I think most people can spare a little more data, it's not 2002.
    Agree the preview should be more than 12kb. Sometimes it's 9kb! 50-100kb should be ok.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-11-13 11:26 PM
    Found the right thread!!
    I Was just about to make a thread about this.
    My wife hasn't given up WhatsApp for that reason and she forces me to use it even though I don't want to use it
    This is a new era, there are amazing phones with amazing speed and data speed. We don't need to share tiny Lil pix anymore unless you live in a third world country. I live in usa and my data speeds vary from 10-50mbps and on top of that I have unlimited everything. Now why would I send a shltty 15kb Lil pic when I can send a 2mb No problem? Yeah yeah some people don't have unlimited data so that's why there should be an option to be able to send high res- low res and receive high resolution and low res
    They have to change this and hopefully sooner than later

Posted via CB10
    solitude1984 likes this.
    11-12-13 07:25 AM
    Android and iPhone users don't even have that option.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:08 PM
    Agree the preview should be more than 12kb. Sometimes it's 9kb! 50-100kb should be ok.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Compression is appreciated but the degree to which it is performed is..excessive.
    11-12-13 02:41 PM
    I also believe that there is no way to request the original file. Say you liked the photo your friend sent and wanted to make a print. I believe there is no way to request the >1 mb file.
    11-12-13 02:46 PM
    It's at the receiver's request. When receiving a picture you want in better quality, press and hold it then on the context menu, tap the HQ icon.
    Then the sender receives a request to send HQ image. Therefore, you don't pay for unusefull data trafic.

That's BlackBerry style , that's brilliant and that's exactly how I like it !

*Edit: Michelle posted about it on the blog ... wait a minute ... ah yeah, here : How to request high quality images over BBM on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    I think it's nice too, but they could just make better quality. Instead of 12 KB they could out something about 40 KB. Just to make photos look a lil bit better. If you want a 1,5 MB photo, ask for it and I decide to send it or not.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    11-12-13 05:14 PM
    I have a doubt: are you having problems with your BBM profiles pictures too? I mean, nothing wrong uploading or changing them, but quality is too low. At least when I check my own photos they're pretty bad. A will test it and see my profile picture in one of my contacts phones.

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Z10
    11-12-13 05:16 PM
    It should at least have a button below the picture to request High Quality

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 05:19 PM
    I agree with the OP. Instead of other person asking for the HQ picture, why shouldn't I have the option of sending whatever size picture I want to?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 05:38 PM
    I also believe that there is no way to request the original file. Say you liked the photo your friend sent and wanted to make a print. I believe there is no way to request the >1 mb file.
    No you get the full original file when u request HQ but the problem is it's only available on BlackBerry10.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 05:47 PM
    I agree with the OP. Instead of other person asking for the HQ picture, why shouldn't I have the option of sending whatever size picture I want to?

Posted via CB10
    I swear this was an option in the legacy versions of BBM? Unless I'm mixing up my messaging services heh.
    11-12-13 05:58 PM
    I swear this was an option in the legacy versions of BBM? Unless I'm mixing up my messaging services heh.
    It was.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 08:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Didn't know. That's pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 08:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes that option is available
    if you're No sure about something ask

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:38 AM
    Yes that option is available
    if you're No sure about something ask

Posted via CB10
    I apologise if I posted wrong info but can you tell me where to find it, cause I checked both iphone and android and they didn't have that option so enlight me

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 05:22 AM
    I apologise if I posted wrong info but can you tell me where to find it, cause I checked both iphone and android and they didn't have that option so enlight me

Posted via CB10
    No need to apologise. Press and hold the pic.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:25 AM
59 123