I have a BBM chat history that I need to get off my phone,
    I've had "Ssave BBM history" enabled on my phone since before the conversation started.

It is not attached to a BES server, and i am running 10.2.0

I've gone into the conversation and selected the 3 dots and went to email chat history. But it only emails the last 50 lines or so. Even though I can scroll up and see the entire conversation.

I need to get the full entire conversation off the phone, is this possible?? can anyone help?
    11-04-13 10:34 PM
    I have no idea. Posting here because I have the same issue and would love if someone has a solution.

Just fyi, if your chat gets too long it will start deleting messages from the top without warning.
    11-04-13 10:39 PM
    I need to get these off my phone, will backing up the phone at least give me a copy of the history to prevent them from being deleted off the phone?

any ideas?
    11-04-13 10:41 PM
    I have no idea. Posting here because I have the same issue and would love if someone has a solution.

Just fyi, if your chat gets too long it will start deleting messages from the top without warning.
    Completely unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    11-04-13 10:44 PM
    Honestly I started taking screenshots of the important bits until I can figure it out. Tedious.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    11-05-13 12:21 AM
    Have you tried using "copy chat "?
    11-05-13 12:49 AM
    copy chat does the exact same thing as email chat, it only selects the last 50 lines or so.

it even does this if scroll up into the conversation or at the very top, its completely useless
    same with email chat
    Davidro1 likes this.
    11-05-13 08:28 AM
    I've looked all over for a solution, ive backed up my phone but i cant test and restore it as ill lose the conversation. so i also went through and took hundreds of screenshots like emstardeluxe suggested

this is absolutely absurd Blackberry! get your sh*t together. you included this function, so why would you limit to certain characters/lines!?!?!??!!

this is getting old, real fast.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    11-06-13 10:43 PM
    Have you tried using "copy chat "?
    Have you tried reading the thread?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:54 AM
    Have you tried reading the thread?

Posted via CB10

Ironic you ask if i read the thread. As I stated "copy chat does the exact same thing as email chat, it only selects the last 50 lines or so."
    11-07-13 09:40 AM
    Ironic you ask if i read the thread. As I stated "copy chat does the exact same thing as email chat, it only selects the last 50 lines or so."
    He wasn't asking you if you read the thread, he was asking the user who suggested "copy chat" - that's why he quoted his/her post.
    11-07-13 10:01 AM
    I've looked all over for a solution, ive backed up my phone but i cant test and restore it as ill lose the conversation. so i also went through and took hundreds of screenshots like emstardeluxe suggested

this is absolutely absurd Blackberry! get your sh*t together. you included this function, so why would you limit to certain characters/lines!?!?!??!!

this is getting old, real fast.
    What I think is ludicrous is that it's TEXT we're talking about. Not exactly data heavy and intensive to copy it all!
    Davidro1 and 00stryder like this.
    11-07-13 10:02 AM
    SMH...

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 10:10 AM
    He wasn't asking you if you read the thread, he was asking the user who suggested "copy chat" - that's why he quoted his/her post.
    Regardless of who he/she was talking to, they have no reason to be opening their mouth. Where did someone suggest copy chat before me? I read email chat. Email chat and copy chat are 2 different functions
    11-07-13 10:24 AM
    I must be eating crazy pills because

copy chat, and email chat both do the exact same thing except email chat copys the approximately 50 lines and inserts it into an email. it has no more function then doing 'copy chat' and hitting compose then pasting. yes it elimiates those two steps but it doesnt pull any more text from the BBM history, which is absurd

anyways it clearly doesnt work and there doesnt appear to be some magical function i overlooked
    11-07-13 11:11 AM
    I must be eating crazy pills because

copy chat, and email chat both do the exact same thing except email chat copys the approximately 50 lines and inserts it into an email. it has no more function then doing 'copy chat' and hitting compose then pasting. yes it elimiates those two steps but it doesnt pull any more text from the BBM history, which is absurd

anyways it clearly doesnt work and there doesnt appear to be some magical function i overlooked
    You're not on crazy pills. They both do the same thing and it is insufficient.

Posted via CB10
    Wikichick likes this.
    11-07-13 11:15 AM
    You're not on crazy pills. They both do the same thing and it is insufficient.

Posted via CB10
    +1
    11-07-13 01:08 PM
    Same darn problem for me. I had to copy and paste message by message for the earlier ones that email chat or copy chat didn't pick up. Hope this gets resolved soon.

Posted via CB10
    Wikichick likes this.
    11-10-13 12:31 PM
    Hope this gets resolved soon.
    Don't count on it.
    11-13-13 08:17 AM
    are we talking BBOS or BB10? this doesn't happen on BB10...as long as you don't mess with the OS by installing a leak or installing a BBM beta that deletes chat history or switch devices...all your bbm chat are preserved
    12-19-13 07:14 AM
    According to me,The best thing to save BBM chat history is to email the BBM conversations to yourself.
    12-20-13 06:33 AM