I'm on the latest 10.2.1 leak on a z10, I restored a backup and I'm pretty sure I had my BBM chat history save option on but my history has disappeared. Is there a way to recover the chat history?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 04:06 PM
    I'm on the latest 10.2.1 leak on a z10, I restored a backup and I'm pretty sure I had my BBM chat history save option on but my history has disappeared. Is there a way to recover the chat history?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know why they have this option, because it does nothing. There is no way to recover it. Save history doesn't save history. Makes sense, right?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 04:50 PM
    I don't know why they have this option, because it does nothing. There is no way to recover it. Save history doesn't save history. Makes sense, right?

Posted via CB10
    Wow that is really stupid, I thought it'd be saved in my media card or somewhere, this feature is pointless..

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 05:14 PM
    Wow that is really stupid, I thought it'd be saved in my media card or somewhere, this feature is pointless..

Posted via CB10
    I *think* it's saved on the phone somewhere. Because if you end the chat, I *think* it comes back if you start a new one with the same person.

But it's not backed up when you back up your phone and its NOT saved on BlackBerry servers, so it's not carried over when you switch devices. (Also, if you switch to a non-BB device, I guarantee your Groups will get all messed up. Haven't tested switching to a BlackBerry device, but others report Groups do not get messed up.)

Utter idiocy.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 10:54 PM
    I *think* it's saved on the phone somewhere. Because if you end the chat, I *think* it comes back if you start a new one with the same person.

But it's not backed up when you back up your phone and its NOT saved on BlackBerry servers, so it's not carried over when you switch devices. (Also, if you switch to a non-BB device, I guarantee your Groups will get all messed up. Haven't tested switching to a BlackBerry device, but others report Groups do not get messed up.)

Utter idiocy.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah like why put in this feature when it can't even carry the chats after restoring..

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:52 AM
    Are you on the same BBM version as where you made the backup with? Cause I make all my back-ups with BBM Channels beta, and when I restore with the normal BBM my history doesn't show up. If I install Channels Beta before putting back my back-up all my chat history shows up.

Hope this will help.
    11-18-13 06:38 AM
    Are you on the same BBM version as where you made the backup with? Cause I make all my back-ups with BBM Channels beta, and when I restore with the normal BBM my history doesn't show up. If I install Channels Beta before putting back my back-up all my chat history shows up.

Hope this will help.
    Maybe they fixed it in the Beta...hopefully!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 06:40 AM

Hope this will help.
    Oh wow, I should have known about this before.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:48 PM

Hope this will help.
    Do you know which part of the restore the chat history is saved in? (apps/media/settings)
    11-23-13 01:04 PM
    Do you know which part of the restore the chat history is saved in? (apps/media/settings)
    I'm not sure but I guess it's in the application data. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    11-24-13 04:12 PM