Need to lend my son my old iPhone whilst he travels in Europe for a week and was going to load BBM for iPhone on it.

However, anybody know what the underlying / maintenance data usage for this app is as I really don't want to be paying for huge amounts of data whilst he is away to find out it was only the app connecting to the BBM server to see if it had a message to deliver.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 09:47 AM
    If you turn off the mobile network from the settings, then he could just communicate over wifi and will not incur any charges at all.
    Last edited by aibrahi3; 10-22-13 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling
    10-22-13 09:50 AM
    WIFI was my initial thought as well. Unfortunately he won't have easy access to WIFI. Going on a school trip staying at hostel type accommodation, phones get locked away during the day so they don't get lost, and he is too young to be venturing unaccompanied into town in the evening.

If any message is pushed from BBM server then I doubt it'll be a problem; my concern us that BBM for iPhone is pulling messages whether or not they exist which we result in me getting a roaming data charge for no real benefit.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 10:05 AM
    While I'm typically on Wi-Fi most of the time, Onavo counted 187kb of data for a day's worth of BBM so far.

Sent from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 using the Mobile Nations App
    10-22-13 10:11 AM
    If you want to rest easy try finding an international roaming data add on. Typically it's 10-20 dollars for 50 mb which should be plenty
    10-22-13 01:40 PM
    First i install BBM in my android phone,
    it takes 25MB....
    But after 5 days ,
    it takes 44MB of my internal memory.....

plst tell me the solution....
    pls....
    01-31-14 09:06 AM
    First i install BBM in my android phone,
    it takes 25MB....
    But after 5 days ,
    it takes 44MB of my internal memory.....

plst tell me the solution....
    pls....
    You might want to change your 'save chat history' to off or should go to each chat and reduce the number of days it saves to.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    01-31-14 03:23 PM
    You might want to change your 'save chat history' to off or should go to each chat and reduce the number of days it saves to.

i also surprised that this apps consume of 400 over MB in my iphone RAM, i cannot stand to loose my space so much. Before you do anything to the blacbberry Apps, you might write down your BB ID and password, because you will need this again.

Once all the information in BB like login and password is wrote down, now simply delete the blackberry APPS, and then re-install it back again from the APPS Store. And you will be amazed, for mine, it was decrease from 400MB to 50MB, this is really insane, this BBM is not yet using voice and video in iOS7, not sure if in the future this two features will be add on to iOS7. Its horrible, but i have a lot of friend is using BBM. So just enjoy

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    02-10-14 04:33 AM